The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #581  
Old 02-20-2019, 10:07 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I hope that they are monitoring the snow storm that she can leave before flights are cancelled.
Yes, it's going to get bad quickly here. If she didn't leave this morning, then her next best opportunity to get out would be later this evening when the storm has passed or early tomorrow morning.
__________________

  #582  
Old 02-20-2019, 10:18 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,403
Is it even going to be that bad? Too many times this season they called for awful weather and barely anything happened. The news this morning says at most a few inches. But better safe than sorry.

I’m just most amused that the details were so clearly wrong. She is in NYC so that’s true but everything else has been way off. Just goes to show even sources can still miss.
__________________

  #583  
Old 02-20-2019, 10:20 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 6,890
Who actually said this NYC get together was a baby shower occasion in the first place? Was it Omid? Or the Fail? Because it looks to me more and more as if Meghan just arranged to meet a handful of girlfriends and have an enjoyable few days with them in a favourite city, rather than having a formal occasion like a baby shower. (And yes, I know a crib was delivered. Otoh Meghan did some shopping herself at baby goods stores.)
  #584  
Old 02-20-2019, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Is it even going to be that bad? Too many times this season they called for awful weather and barely anything happened. The news this morning says at most a few inches. But better safe than sorry.

Iím just most amused that the details were so clearly wrong. She is in NYC so thatís true but everything else has been way off. Just goes to show even sources can still miss.
NYC is used to dealing with bad weather. However, it'll be difficult for even them during the storm. There is always the option of driving a bit to a different airport and get out there. But regardless, she has a bit of time before Saturday. While we don't know what her schedule is going to be like, things can shift around a little bit if they aren't public.
  #585  
Old 02-20-2019, 11:22 AM
Ista's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 2,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Who actually said this NYC get together was a baby shower occasion in the first place? Was it Omid? Or the Fail? Because it looks to me more and more as if Meghan just arranged to meet a handful of girlfriends and have an enjoyable few days with them in a favourite city, rather than having a formal occasion like a baby shower. (And yes, I know a crib was delivered. Otoh Meghan did some shopping herself at baby goods stores.)
This is what I'm wondering, too.
  #586  
Old 02-20-2019, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Is it even going to be that bad? Too many times this season they called for awful weather and barely anything happened. The news this morning says at most a few inches. But better safe than sorry.

I’m just most amused that the details were so clearly wrong. She is in NYC so that’s true but everything else has been way off. Just goes to show even sources can still miss.
Sometimes Mother Nature does her own thing, despite the weather forecasters. We were supposed to get less than an inch of snow this morning-we got 4.
It doesn't seem to be snowing in NYC yet--supposed to start in a half hour or so. Meghan may be on her way back to London already.

Was the "baby shower" actually from sources or speculation? Maybe there was one, but was before the press knew she was in NYC?
  #587  
Old 02-20-2019, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Omid reported she's in NYC for baby shower after Page Six disclosed she was in town. However, he is changing the baby shower timeline from yesterday to today now along with others. My guess? There are some peripheral sources in New York that are giving some details (like flowers being delivered yesterday, which led to the assumption that it was yeseterday), but no one really close to Meghan. Some assumptions are being made as part of the reporting, which is why it's all over the place. As usual.
  #588  
Old 02-20-2019, 11:37 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 2,581
In all the speculation about who knew what and when, I havenít seen it mentioned how tabloids get tipped off about a famous personís activities.

Concierges, maitre dís, waiters, doormen (and women), limo drivers- many of these people (at high-end hotels and restaurants) have tabloid reporters on speed dial.

Itís not just luck, itís not a conspiracy, itís just competent reporting.
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.Ē

Abraham Lincoln
  #589  
Old 02-20-2019, 11:39 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Who actually said this NYC get together was a baby shower occasion in the first place? Was it Omid? Or the Fail? Because it looks to me more and more as if Meghan just arranged to meet a handful of girlfriends and have an enjoyable few days with them in a favourite city, rather than having a formal occasion like a baby shower. (And yes, I know a crib was delivered. Otoh Meghan did some shopping herself at baby goods stores.)
Omid gave this exclusive. He was right she was in NYC but the rest of his info was way off the mark. I agree with others that is just seems she came to town to spend time with friends who all have some kind of base here. And just to get away for a few days.

The weather so far is fine. They are calling for the snow to start around 1pm and then turning into rain by 9pm. And even with the snow it doesn't look to be bad until this evening. I guess we shall see but I am sure they have back up plans.
  #590  
Old 02-20-2019, 11:47 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
In all the speculation about who knew what and when, I havenít seen it mentioned how tabloids get tipped off about a famous personís activities.

Concierges, maitre dís, waiters, doormen (and women), limo drivers- many of these people (at high-end hotels and restaurants) have tabloid reporters on speed dial.

Itís not just luck, itís not a conspiracy, itís just competent reporting.
I did a few pages back. Some just want to believe a conspiracy rather than what's right in front of them.
  #591  
Old 02-20-2019, 11:51 AM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 2,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
In all the speculation about who knew what and when, I havenít seen it mentioned how tabloids get tipped off about a famous personís activities.

Concierges, maitre dís, waiters, doormen (and women), limo drivers- many of these people (at high-end hotels and restaurants) have tabloid reporters on speed dial.

Itís not just luck, itís not a conspiracy, itís just competent reporting.
Or the paps are called by the celeb themselves.
  #592  
Old 02-20-2019, 12:30 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,727
If the stories about a lavish celebbies-studded baby-shower on a premium location is true (if...) then Harry and Meghan have zero understanding of what a monarchy is, how vulnerable the institution is and how important it is not to turn it into a soap opera.

Can you even imagine a Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz in combination with "celebbie baby shower"? Or a Prince Willem-Alexander? He would ask: "Where is the vomit bag?"

That marriage with the Clooneys, the Winfreys and the Beckhams, that soap opera with the Markles, and now this. I really hope this is not true. This is so off-key with the rest of the nation who sees clouds and unsecurity because of Brexit. What should the families hit by closures and job losses think of all this? This is so wrong, so vulgar, so un-royal family.
  #593  
Old 02-20-2019, 12:36 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,174
Meghan is privately meeting with her friends before she has her baby. That's it. It's not a star studded event, but a private get together between friends to celebrate. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
  #594  
Old 02-20-2019, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
If the stories about a lavish celebbies-studded baby-shower on a premium location is true (if...) then Harry and Meghan have zero understanding of what a monarchy is, how vulnerable the institution is and how important it is not to turn it into a soap opera.

Can you even imagine a Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz in combination with "celebbie baby shower"? Or a Prince Willem-Alexander? He would ask: "Where is the vomit bag?"

That marriage with the Clooneys, the Winfreys and the Beckhams, that soap opera with the Markles, and now this. I really hope this is not true. This is so off-key with the rest of the nation who sees clouds and unsecurity because of Brexit. What should the families hit by closures and job losses think of all this? This is so wrong, so vulgar, so un-royal family.
Is Mathilda friends with them before? No Winfrey or Beckhams were at the baby shower. Amal Clooney is reported as cohosting with Serena, yet I've not seen any evidence of her being there. Given the discrepancies we've already seen with the reporting, I'll believe it when I see a picture of her entering or leaving The Mark Hotel.

I find it odd that peoples just expects Meghan to drop her friends once she becomes royal. Although, if she drops someone, she's branded as heartless who just does away with people. Nevermind if these people have earned it or not.
  #595  
Old 02-20-2019, 12:43 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
If the stories about a lavish celebbies-studded baby-shower on a premium location is true (if...) then Harry and Meghan have zero understanding of what a monarchy is, how vulnerable the institution is and how important it is not to turn it into a soap opera.

Can you even imagine a Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz in combination with "celebbie baby shower"? Or a Prince Willem-Alexander? He would ask: "Where is the vomit bag?"

That marriage with the Clooneys, the Winfreys and the Beckhams, that soap opera with the Markles, and now this. I really hope this is not true. This is so off-key with the rest of the nation who sees clouds and unsecurity because of Brexit. What should the families hit by closures and job losses think of all this? This is so wrong, so vulgar, so un-royal family.
Thatís not whatís happening here.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #596  
Old 02-20-2019, 12:48 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Is Mathilda friends with them before? No Winfrey or Beckhams were at the baby shower. Amal Clooney is reported as cohosting with Serena, yet I've not seen any evidence of her being there. Given the discrepancies we've already seen with the reporting, I'll believe it when I see a picture of her entering or leaving The Mark Hotel.

I find it odd that peoples just expects Meghan to drop her friends once she becomes royal. Although, if she drops someone, she's branded as heartless who just does away with people. Nevermind if these people have earned it or not.
Yeah, she was criticized for dropping all her old friends. Clearly that's not the case, so now the issue is, that she meets these friends and they have a celebratory get together.
  #597  
Old 02-20-2019, 12:50 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Is Mathilda friends with them before? No Winfrey or Beckhams were at the baby shower. Amal Clooney is reported as cohosting with Serena, yet I've not seen any evidence of her being there. Given the discrepancies we've already seen with the reporting, I'll believe it when I see a picture of her entering or leaving The Mark Hotel.

I find it odd that peoples just expects Meghan to drop her friends once she becomes royal. Although, if she drops someone, she's branded as heartless bitch who just does away with people. Nevermind if these people have earned it or not.
I'm also confused. Meghan had a life prior to become a royal. Should she be ashamed that her friends are successful and want to spoil her? No tax payer money is being spent. No one needs to be concerned over Serena and Amal's bank accounts. That if it is even true. As we have already seen the details have been very wrong.
  #598  
Old 02-20-2019, 12:54 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,628
Yeah..I am not sure what the issue with her friends are. People say she is minor list celebrity and than are mad because some of her friends are also celebrities? Does that even make sense?

I never understood the Oprah connection but allegedly Meghan met Amal either thru her hairdresser or Harry (who had met George previously). She has been friends with Abigail, Serena, and Jessica at least 5 to 10 years previously. Its been said that at least 15 to 20 people are attending and yet the only other "celebrities" are the people I just mentioned. That's three people....So who are the others? They must not be celebrities either. I don't think Oprah or the Winfrey's are coming. I am assuming that it will/could be Lindsay, Heather and/or Benita who let's face it...I am not sure anyone would/could recognize in a crowd.

And for the record, the BRF has LONG been associated with celebrities.

On another hand..its looks like a snow storm is getting ready to hit NYC! I think Meghan will be hitting the road right after this shower.
__________________
.

  #599  
Old 02-20-2019, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Yeah..I am not sure what the issue with her friends are. People say she is minor list celebrity and than are mad because some of her friends are also celebrities? Does that even make sense?

I never understood the Oprah connection but allegedly Meghan met Amal either thru her hairdresser or Harry (who had met George previously). She has been friends with Abigail, Serena, and Jessica years at least 5 to 10 years previously. Its been said that at least 15 to 20 people are attending and yet the only other "celebrities" are the people I just mentioned. So who are the others? They must not be celebrities either? I am assuming that it will/could be Lindsay, Heather and/or Benita who let's face it...I am not sure anyone would/could recognize in a crowd.
It is SAID (that word is important ) some of her friends from Northwestern days are invited as well. Only name that's been thrown around is Genevieve Hillis, whom we only found out about due to the seating at St. George's. She sat behind Doria. So bottom line is we see some familiar names being thrown around publicly, her friends go beyond those that are famous.

And really, since when is being successful a crime or a bad thing? The likes of Serena and Amal Clooney are successful because they are good at what they do. They aren't just people that are famous for being famous.

BTW, it's hardly new for royals for vacation with well off friends. Didn't Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall spend some time on a friend's yacht during the summer of 2017? I'm sure there are other incidents, but I remember that specifically because all the hoopla around 20th anniversary of Diana's death.
  #600  
Old 02-20-2019, 01:02 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,403
The only people we have seen are Misha, Abigail, Jessica, Serena, and Markus. Someone said that saw Daniel walk into her hotel as well. Again, he is hardly a A lister. The rest will likely be her close girl pals who were all sitting in the Quire and unless you follow Meghan then you couldn't pick Benita, Lindsay, Genevieve, and Lucy out of a crowd. You might recognize Sarah and Janina if they attend. That is it. But we shall see. Either way I am glad she got this time with her close friends.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 1: May 2018 - December 2018 JessRulz Current Events Archive 1136 12-04-2018 06:00 PM




Popular Tags
alqasimi aristocracy armenia belgian royal family birthday celebration castles charles of wales chittagong countess of snowdon crown crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crown princess victoria current events cyprus danish history denmark duchess of sussex duke & duchess of cambridge; duke of cambridge duke of sussex dutch history felipe vi foundation french revolution friendly city genealogy germany head of the house henry v hill house of bourbon house of glucksburg house of orange-nassau house of saxe-coburg and gotha kiko letter lithuanian castles marriage meghan markle memoir mohammed vi monaco christening monaco history monarchism monogram naples nelson mandela bay nobel 2019 norwegian royal family official visit palaces potential areas prince harry prince of wales rumania russian imperial family saudi arabia shakespeare south africa south korea spain spanish history state visit sweden swedish royal family swedish royalty tracts united kingdom usa


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises
×