The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 09:04 PM
Courtier

Crazy and unbelievable and crass are some people!

Good reason to keep on with being kind and reasonable and not to read such horrors.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Please note that posts relating to Thomas Markle have been deleted.

Old 12-09-2018, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Please note that this thread has been cleaned up. Before the thread is re-opened, members are invited to read the following information:

A number of posts have been deleted because they were either off-topic or contributed to the thread being closed due to their bickering and/or offensive nature. Such posts are unacceptable and are not in the spirit of the Royal Forums, which serves as discussion forum and source of information for a great number of people. The Royal Forums is not a platform for just a core group of members to use in promoting their own agenda - either in favour of or against the Duchess of Sussex.

The Royal Forums is an online discussion board that focuses on all aspects of royal life - both positive and negative. It is neither a fan-site nor a hater-site.

Everyone contributing to this forum has a right to post their thoughts and points of view - provided that they fall within the Forum Rules. Whether such view is positive or negative towards the subject, it is imperative that all members respect other members’ posts and respond - if such response is even necessary - in a constructive and amicable way.

The continual and progressively negative atmosphere within this thread resulting in a situation where people appear to be unable to post anything other than positive points of view on the subject is unacceptable and will no longer be tolerated. If members disagree with a post then they need only make their response once and need not reiterate their response over and over again.

Further, we will not tolerate those with an agenda or whose sole purpose is to be disruptive, hateful, to spread disinformation or to ignore TRF rules and this note. It has been noted that both supporters and non-supporters of the Duchess of Sussex fall into the aforementioned categories and we must warn that future issues will be dealt with by suspending their ability to post.

Finally, recent comments about individual journalists have taken on an uncomfortable and unacceptable tone. Constructive criticism of their work is fine, but personal attacks about them will not be tolerated.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Congratulations to HRH The Duchess of Sussex on making the shortlist for Time Person of the Year 2018-
https://www.today.com/news/time-pers...c-rss_20181210

Some good news for once.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-10-2018, 11:38 AM
Royal Highness

While nice, I doubt that it will be Meghan.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

My personal pick is between Christine Blasey Ford and Jamal Khashoggi for standing up to power.

However, it's nice that we can have one person on there that shows love and positiveness can triumph.

In other TIME and Sussex news. A photograph from the wedding has made its way to TIME's top 100 photos of the year.

PA Images

Verified account

@PAImages
40m40 minutes ago
More
Congratulations to our photographer @YuiMok who has made the @TIME magazine top 100 photos of 2018.

Yui’s picture from the wedding of Harry and Meghan made him the only Brit in the list this year!

TIME Picks the Top 100 Photos of 2018

https://twitter.com/PAImages/status/1072163368604176384
Old 12-10-2018, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
making the shortlist for Time Person of the Year 2018
For getting married ? That is a pretty 'low bar' isn't it ?
Old 12-10-2018, 12:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
In other TIME and Sussex news. A photograph from the wedding has made its way to TIME's top 100 photos of the year.

PA Images

Verified account

@PAImages
40m40 minutes ago
More
Congratulations to our photographer @YuiMok who has made the @TIME magazine top 100 photos of 2018.

Yui’s picture from the wedding of Harry and Meghan made him the only Brit in the list this year!

TIME Picks the Top 100 Photos of 2018

https://twitter.com/PAImages/status/1072163368604176384
Now THAT was a fantastic photograph! Now I can see this winning the TIME award!
Old 12-10-2018, 12:08 PM
Royal Highness

For the year's award it is my personal pick would be *Separated Families* as that tells the world how we deal with families in crisis today which is a devastating way to live and little is done to help those in need.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
For the year's award it is my personal pick would be *Separated Families* as that tells the world how we deal with families in crisis today which is a devastating way to live and little is done to help those in need.
I will say it's a tough year in competition. Unfortunately, the top three for me didn't have happy endings. Which is why the royal wedding was a even more special treat. SOMETHING nice in the year with so much gloom in the world.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
The significance of Meghan marrying into the British royal family is pretty historic. Now she might not win, but making the 2018 shortlist is an honor.

Yes, the wedding made it to Time’s top 100 photos of the year. It was a fantastic photograph.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-10-2018, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The significance of Meghan marrying into the British royal family is pretty historic.
I disagree- She is where she is [on this list] solely because a Prince fell in love with her, and she with him - that is all..
Old 12-10-2018, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Everyone always makes a big deal about their weddings. Hopefully they will choose a PoY with substance.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I disagree- She is where she is [on this list] solely because a Prince fell in love with her, and she with him - that is all..
Oh, okay. Well, her making Time’s Person of the Year 2018 shortlist say different.

Congratulations, YRH!

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-10-2018, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

That's not even the best pic from their wedding.

LaRae
Old 12-10-2018, 02:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

I recall that Diana was on the shortlist in 1981-her wedding year. I remember that after describing her inclusion, Time said, “...and she came to stay.” Sadly, they were wrong.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-10-2018, 03:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Oh, okay. Well, her making Time’s Person of the Year 2018 shortlist say different.

Congratulations, YRH!

You need to look at ths realistically, not many people had heard of her before she started dating Harry

I don't believe she would have made the list if she hadn't married into the BRF
Old 12-10-2018, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Although I seriously doubt that Meghan will actually be named "Person of the Year", just making it to the shortlist shows that she has made an impact on the world around her. Perhaps its only because she married Harry. Perhaps its because she was in Suits and then married Harry. Perhaps some feel she has made a general impact on the world around her. It really doesn't matter. It just says a whole lot that she made the list.

Its a very positive thing among too many negative things lately.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-10-2018, 03:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's interesting that Meghan has been included in the list, but I also think it's a little sad that
out of the 10 slots for the Time shortlist, only 2 are women, and of those two, one of them is there solely because she married into the BRF. While she may in the future, at this point Meghan really hasn't done anything that would warrant her inclusion except be moderately famous in her own right, be pretty and have married someone royal. That's depressing to me.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:22 PM
Nobility

NBC's Keir Simmons said

Quote:
DoS Meghan should be @TIME person of the year... she has taken on an impossible role with class and grace. Now she faces an onslaught from a jealous and medieval ‘Royal court’. She deserves support.
I agree with him.

Closed Thread