The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 06:35 PM
Royal Highness

Perhaps as she has been in NY since Friday she has kept her meetings with friends within the confines of the Hotel. All Hotels today have very nice lounging rooms and coffee bars. It was the fact she went out that was her downfall with Baby Sussex Bump probably giving the game away, as confirmation that yes the person I am looking at - Is the Duchess.
That is the problem with being in the public interest, you become a virtual prisoner of your surroundings unless you want to take the risk of the press finding you out.

Old 02-19-2019, 06:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I'm surprised they don't have regular stakeouts at Teterboro tbh. This conversation about NYC is bringing me back to the good ole days of NY gossip.
Oh, it's just as bad today as it was back then. Today however, we have social media. You sell your story to the highest bidder and then post about it yourself.

Old 02-19-2019, 06:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

From what I am reading on Twitter (royal reporters etc) since it was leaked or the media found out she was in NYC it was confirmed that she was having a baby shower. Then they (her security etc) arranged or allowed the media to take pics of her coming/going today ...kinda like in the old days when the royals would allow pics (photo op) and then the media would leave them alone the rest of the time.

LaRae
Old 02-19-2019, 06:49 PM
Royal Highness

If there are already flight cancellations, maybe she could leave tonight instead of tomorrow. I can imagine the brouhaha if she missed the official trip to Morocco because she was stuck in NY.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:07 PM
Royal Highness

I am glad to see some fun news about Meghan. It looks like a Hollywood pap stroll but I'm glad she did it. The nasty press and the disgruntled relatives (who are still running to the media) are still trying to take her down but Meghan walking out of the hotels , cradling her bump is her message to the world negative forces are not going to get her.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
If there are already flight cancellations, maybe she could leave tonight instead of tomorrow. I can imagine the brouhaha if she missed the official trip to Morocco because she was stuck in NY.
No flight cancellations yet in NYC. Hopefully she has an early morning flight, or perhaps she's leaving tonight. The storm is rolling in at about late morning to early afternoon tomorrow, so as long as she is out of NYC by about 10Am, she should be fine.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Her visit to the USA was private since Friday until she started going out with her famous friends. What was she was supposed to do? Hide in her hotel for 5 days?
Yep and apparently everyone here (or almost everyone) forgot when William went to a stag party in Memphis and was photo'd going out and about...he didn't stay hidden in a hotel.

I can't believe folks are getting down on her because she didn't sneak out the back door.

Personally I think it was smart of her security/press people to get control of things and allow a photo op and she was coming/going. So she wasn't chased around with them trying to get the elusive shots.

LaRae
Old 02-19-2019, 08:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

IMO Meghan is playing the full Hollywood game of a B or C list star, only that it wont work in Britain and with the BRF. When I saw the hit the ground running comment during her interview I thought that shes really, really full of herself what is not a bad thing for the job she used to hold.
Given that previous trips remained private, I guess this is just the royal superstar behind sunglasses seeking attention. It wont do her any favors in her new adopted country.
The show will continue and the tabloids and spectators have their popcorn ready.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yep and apparently everyone here (or almost everyone) forgot when William went to a stag party in Memphis and was photo'd going out and about...he didn't stay hidden in a hotel.

I can't believe folks are getting down on her because she didn't sneak out the back door.

Personally I think it was smart of her security/press people to get control of things and allow a photo op and she was coming/going. So she wasn't chased around with them trying to get the elusive shots.

LaRae
After the Mail got her photo last night, her security had two options:
1. Try and play coy with the press and have a chase through the streets of NYC (the worst possible thing that could happen).
2. Manage the situation. Give the photos their picture, satisfy their thirst and then go on her way. (which is what they did).

Once they got the picture and their headline, they're fine. If you try to dodge the paps in NYC once you're spotted, good luck. They are like a dog with a bone.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
IMO Meghan is playing the full Hollywood game of a B or C list star, only that it wont work in Britain and with the BRF. When I saw the hit the ground running comment during her interview I thought that shes really, really full of herself what is not a bad thing for the job she used to hold.
Given that previous trips remained private, I guess this is just the royal superstar behind sunglasses seeking attention. It wont do her any favors in her new adopted country.
The show will continue and the tabloids and spectators have their popcorn ready.
This is getting really tiresome. So can you explain clearly and in detail with supporting examples or evidences what is the full Hollywood game of a B or C list star.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
You should probably go back and read what actually happened on this trip before you accuse the Duchess of playing with fire. It's ironic that we are so quick to state that she staged this (when others have been photographed going to and from private events all over the world), instead of...

You know what. I give up. I spelt this out in previous posts, but some just choose what to believe. The only thing that she "messed up" was the length of the trip. It should have been only about 3 days. The lady was in NYC for nearly 4 days out of her 5 day trip without anyone knowing. One person who works at a restaurant calls Page Six in NYC, and here we are. But I'm done.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Too celebrity looking for my tastes with the sunglasses and all. Looks like a Kardashian here not a royal.
I don't live in New York but it was very, very sunny driving into work this morning where I live-I needed my sunglasses today. Sunglasses are not "celebrity"-they keep the sun out of your eyes and are recommended by eye doctors.

"The American Optometric Association says you should always don sunglasses during the daylight hours because: They protect your eyes against the sun's UV rays, which could otherwise lead to cataracts. They protect against "blue light" from the solar spectrum, which could increase your risk of macular degeneration."
Old 02-19-2019, 08:22 PM
Royal Highness

According to Entertainment Tonight Doria was not at the baby shower... but there will be a second baby shower in London.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes the Daily Mail papped Doria walling her dog earlier. This trip was clearly about her friends. She was with Jessica earlier in the week. She was with Mischa Nonoo last night where she was caught leaving her home. Today she was with Abigail. Doria will likely will attend the shower in London and stay.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I know the press in the US is different, particularly with the privacy aspect of things. But Meghan has flown under the radar before, as DOS, and she was with Henry without anyone knowing for a while.

As I said, there are ways and means to make a visit like this actually private. How did the press know she was going? Where she was staying? Who released the information? If nobody knows you're going, nobody knows you're there. Without hacking plane manifests or stalking every hotel in NY, they simply couldn't have found without already knowing where she was.
It was private and unknown that she was in the city until she was recognized in a restaurant and that person notified the newspaper. Then it was paparazzi heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
They went to Africa without anyone finding out.
There were photos of Meghan and Harry at the airport on one African trip (August 2017.)
Old 02-19-2019, 08:43 PM
Nobility

It’s good that Duchess Meghan was able to spend some private time with her close friends, some of whom she has been friends with for many years.

No one forced the media to cover her trip, there were plenty of other events to cover. It’s ironic that some here & in the media claim that Meghan, married to the sixth in line is irrelevant, yet here you are posting about her, instead of those who you consider more important.

Hope Duchess Meghan enjoyed her time & has safe travels back home to her wonderful Prince Harry.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Perhaps as she has been in NY since Friday she has kept her meetings with friends within the confines of the Hotel. All Hotels today have very nice lounging rooms and coffee bars. It was the fact she went out that was her downfall with Baby Sussex Bump probably giving the game away, as confirmation that yes the person I am looking at - Is the Duchess.
That is the problem with being in the public interest, you become a virtual prisoner of your surroundings unless you want to take the risk of the press finding you out.
Meghan could have been spotted in her hotel restaurant by anyone else eating there and the press notified.

I agree, Baby Sussex probably made it easier to identify Meghan currently.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeT View Post
Its good that Duchess Meghan was able to spend some private time with her close friends, some of whom she has been friends with for many years.

No one forced the media to cover her trip, there were plenty of other events to cover. Its ironic that some here & in the media claim that Meghan, married to the sixth in line is irrelevant, yet here you are posting about her, instead of those who you consider more important.

Hope Duchess Meghan enjoyed her time & has safe travels back home to her wonderful Prince Harry.

I agree totally - I could not have said it better.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Meghan could have been spotted in her hotel restaurant by anyone else eating there and the press notified.
She was noticed at the French Tea house Laduree in Soho by one of the employees in the restaurant. That employee contacted Page Six in NYC. Page Six wrote about it in their gossip column. Paps smell blood, and staked out NYC hotels and possible spots. I actually witnessed this as I live around the area on the Upper East Side and spotted them camped out at least 5 hotels. Daily Mail paps (or independent photographers who sold to the highest bidder being Daily Mail) got the money shot and the rest is history or Bob's your uncle!
Old 02-19-2019, 09:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post

I agree, Baby Sussex probably made it easier to identify Meghan currently.
Plus her rings...the first pic I saw her face was more hidden and it was from the side/back position, couldn't see the belly...but her left hand with her engagement ring was a give away.

LaRae

Closed Thread