The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Is this all honestly necessary? The woman is on her own time, let her enjoy it in peace. This is one of the things that frustrates me about US. There goes NY as a place she can get together with her friends.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Is this all honestly necessary? The woman is on her own time, let her enjoy it in peace.
No, it's bizarre. Unfortunately, it is looking as though the days of "flying under the radar" may be over, at least as long as a US city is involved.

As I said on the fashion thread, royals should be allowed to have private activities without being hounded by the press.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am glad Meghan had a few days before she was discovered. Sad it was leaked but she is in NYC so her privacy was out the window the moment she was found to be there.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

NYC made sense until she's outed. It's a city where she could easily blend in, especially in winter. It's a shorter flight than west cost, and close to Toronto for her friends from there. A number of her friends also work/live part time in the city.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Also unfortunately, I'm betting that the recent People story, which appeared to stir up the Markle family drama and which has been ongoing in the news, did not help Meghan's chances of keeping allow profile in New York. The problem with feeding the press stories is that their appetite is insatiable, and after a certain point, you no longer have control over what they say and when they say it.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Too celebrity looking for my tastes with the sunglasses and all. Looks like a Kardashian here not a royal.
Sunglasses are celebs now? Guess someone should've told me when I put mine on this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
Also unfortunately, I'm betting that the recent People story, which appeared to stir up the Markle family drama and which has been ongoing in the news, did not help Meghan's chances of keeping allow profile in New York. The problem with feeding the press stories is that their appetite is insatiable, and after a certain point, you no longer have control over what they say and when they say it.
With or without People, Meghan is always going to attract attention. I've not seen US shows devote this much attention to a royal as they have done in the past couple of years. Even when they are on US soil.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Here are some more photos of today:

** rex gallery **

** dailymail: Time for some culture! Meghan cradles her bump as she heads to New York art museum near the swanky hotel ..**
Old 02-19-2019, 03:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
With or without People, Meghan is always going to attract attention. I've not seen US shows devote this much attention to a royal as they have done in the past couple of years. Even when they are on US soil.
I don't disagree that she's going to attract attention. But I do think the level and type of attention is being fed by the People article. Perhaps that's a price she and Harry are willing to pay to get her side of the story out there. But I think, and have always said, that it's a risky strategy, and very hard to control once you get the ball rolling.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree to point but Meghan in a city with her very celebrity friends will bring attention and the press. That is to be expected. As I said, I am glad she had a few days under the radar. She leaves tomorrow so I think she is willing to have this compromise of letting the press have their coverage. Not like she has a lot of choice anyways.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Too celebrity looking for my tastes with the sunglasses and all. Looks like a Kardashian here not a royal.
you read my mind
Old 02-19-2019, 03:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Sunglasses are celebs now? Guess someone should've told me when I put mine on this morning.
Honestly! My cousin had eye surgery last week and her doctor says that she HAS to wear sunglasses whenever she's outside, for the light and also dirt/dust particles.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I don't disagree that she's going to attract attention. But I do think the level and type of attention is being fed by the People article. Perhaps that's a price she and Harry are willing to pay to get her side of the story out there. But I think, and have always said, that it's a risky strategy, and very hard to control once you get the ball rolling.
Honestly, the People story didn't even make that big of splash. Mainly because it contained few juicy details. It was reported, and people moved on quite quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I agree to point but Meghan in a city with her very celebrity friends will bring attention and the press. That is to be expected. As I said, I am glad she had a few days under the radar. She leaves tomorrow so I think she is willing to have this compromise of letting the press have their coverage. Not like she has a lot of choice anyways.
Pretty sure it'd please her nothing more than to keep this entirely private. However, once word got out she was there, hiding away was not a solution. She might as well take proper precaution and go about her business as she planned.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Honestly, the People story didn't even make that big of splash. Mainly because it contained few juicy details. It was reported, and people moved on quite quickly.
What evidence are you basing this statement on? The whole Meghan/Tom Sr. thing had more or less died down in the press, and then with the People article it has been everywhere. Add in a dollop of George Clooney sharing his viewpoint, and the story has had legs over the last couple of weeks.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What evidence are you basing this statement on? The whole Meghan/Tom Sr. thing had more or less died down in the press, and then with the People article it has been everywhere. Add in a dollop of George Clooney sharing his viewpoint, and the story has had legs over the last couple of weeks.
Based on how many times different outlets reported People article. They didn't dwell on it. The Tom Sr. thing is on his own, and it was a matter of time with Baby Sussex being born in the next few months. George Clooney's issue was due to the letter. In fact, it was one specific thing he talked about. Had Tom Sr. decided to be a decent person for once, it wouldn't have made it past the weekend.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I have to agree with her. I haven't seen much talk of the People article. I have seen more about George's comments to be honest.

Anyways the Daily Mail is truly following Meghan around. She just arrived at another hotel according to their latest update.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

As I said, I have seen it reported over and over, including in mainstream media. Your perception is very different than what I have observed. In addition, the People article referenced the letter Meghan wrote, which then gave Tom Sr. an opportunity to publish excerpts , which is SOP for him, but which probably wouldn't have happened without the People article, since no one even knew there was a letter until then. So, it's not just the People article, it is the follow-ups, and the Markles sticking their 2cents in, all of which would not have happened without the People article.

We'll just have to agree to differ.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

What exactly is celeb about her appearance? I don’t get it. Sunglasses? Lots of normal people, such as myself, wear them....

She’s on her own time anyway.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
As I said, I have seen it reported over and over, including in mainstream media. Your perception is very different than what I have observed. In addition, the People article referenced the letter Meghan wrote, which then gave Tom Sr. an opportunity to publish excerpts , which is SOP for him, but which probably wouldn't have happened without the People article, since no one even knew there was a letter until then. So, it's not just the People article, it is the follow-ups, and the Markles sticking their 2cents in, all of which would not have happened without the People article.

We'll just have to agree to differ.
Most of them didn't have more than one write up about it. At least not in US. Mainly because there is very little juicy information in there. So, I'm not sure who reported it over and over again.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Absolutely what I was thinking. There are ways to do these things in private.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Absolutely what I was thinking. There are ways to do these things in private.
Unfortunately, it's not possible to walk on the street and have it considered private time in US. Freedom of the press. That's been an ongoing issue, especially with concerns to children.

Closed Thread