The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #421  
Old 02-18-2019, 03:42 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...new-york-city/

Random but apparently Meghan was spotted with friends in NYC this weekend. I know her very close friend Heather just had a baby, so I wonder (if true) she was playing catch up with her girls. Either way, if she did hope she had a nice trip.
I find it hard to believe that The Duchess made a 7-hr flight to NYCity, taking into account the upcoming approximately 7-hr flight to Morocco on an official visit. Two long trips within one week at this time of her pregnancy, that would be taxing.
__________________

  #422  
Old 02-18-2019, 03:59 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,409
Omid said:

And seeing as no one can keep a secret anymore (wasn’t planning to share until after it happened), I can confirm that friends are throwing a baby shower for Meghan and nearly 20 guests on Tuesday

He is usually good about his facts.

LaRae
__________________

  #423  
Old 02-18-2019, 04:01 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,403
It seems to be true. I am sure the NYC pap will be on the look out since they know she is in town.
  #424  
Old 02-18-2019, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I agree. One of the sad things about this situation is that if her father had remained silent, he would have everything he is saying he wants: access to her, his future grandchild, and the royal family. I had a great amount of respect for his silence up to when he started misbehaving. I know Samantha had a lot to do with that, but why did he listen to her instead of Meghan and Harry. I tell you, it baffles me.
It's not that hard when I really think about it. This is a man that has an ego. And Samantha strokes the ego and tells him none of it is his fault for her own benefit. While Meghan isn't going to cuss him out, she certainly isn't going to coddle a grown man and tell him he's perfect. In other words, it's easy for him to convince himself what Samantha is telling him is true because he likes what he hears.

I can imagine it's not easy for him to admit to wrong doing or take responsibility as he has demonstrated in his interviews. Same reason why he wouldn't take Meghan's calls when he got caught about the paparazzi photos, but wasn't too busy to take TMZ's calls. And how he kept getting stuck on Harry telling him he should've just listened to them when they told him not to speak to the press and that frenzy wouldn't have happened.
  #425  
Old 02-18-2019, 04:05 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
I find it hard to believe that The Duchess made a 7-hr flight to NYCity, taking into account the upcoming approximately 7-hr flight to Morocco on an official visit. Two long trips within one week at this time of her pregnancy, that would be taxing.
Omid Scobie reported it on his twitter too. And he is a reliable source.

https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1097571945711841280

He aid that friends are throwing a baby shower for her on Tuesday. About 20 guests are expected

Uk to Morocco is not 7hrs but rather 5hrs max
  #426  
Old 02-18-2019, 04:09 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
I find it hard to believe that The Duchess made a 7-hr flight to NYCity, taking into account the upcoming approximately 7-hr flight to Morocco on an official visit. Two long trips within one week at this time of her pregnancy, that would be taxing.
London to Morocco is 3 hours flight.
  #427  
Old 02-18-2019, 04:19 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 3,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
But there is no reason to explain that to me..I already pointed that out several posts ago...in my first post when I pointed out that the diversity was not that great in the U.S. either.


LaRae
I didn't notice that you acknowledged the above in any of your previous posts (only your insistence that the most qualified person needs to be hired) but glad to read now that you are aware of the very real problem that currently hiring processes aren't fair as white men are perceived as more qualified than they truly are and women and minorities as less qualified then they are. What would you suggest could be done about the current hiring practices - that favour equally or less qualified white men over women and minorities - that would lead to real change in academia and beyond (and/or is there something that Meghan could do to contribute to more equal hiring practices - as that's where this discusdion started)?
  #428  
Old 02-18-2019, 04:21 PM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro
I find it hard to believe that The Duchess made a 7-hr flight to NYCity, taking into account the upcoming approximately 7-hr flight to Morocco on an official visit. Two long trips within one week at this time of her pregnancy, that would be taxing.
Right, that's interesting. The Morocco trip is this coming weekend (23-25). It would seem to be more likely that the Duchess is concentrating on preparing for the Morocco trip. Possibly, the sighting was of someone pregnant who resembles Meghan.

ETA:
Okay, I see the Omid Scobie tweet. I would say then that our Meg does not tire easily, pregnant or not. She's a busy lady, always on the move and in the groove with living her best life and spending quality time with her friends. She did post once on her Instagram this passionate advice:

FIND YOUR TRIBE, AND LOVE THEM HARD.
  #429  
Old 02-18-2019, 04:38 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
That's lovely. Apparently, she has been in town since Friday, which means that she is probably heading back to London Wednesday to prepare for her trip to Morocco on Saturday.

BTW...there is nothing better than getting together with your girlfriends for a baby shower, and I do hope that she enjoys her time with her nearest and dearest.

P.P.S. The weather right now in NYC is overcast with rain/snow depending on where you are in the city, so going incognito will not be a problem for her.
  #430  
Old 02-18-2019, 04:49 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,409
She has a baby shower tomorrow...so I wouldn't think she would head back to London until Wed...but maybe tomorrow night?


LaRae
  #431  
Old 02-18-2019, 04:59 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
She has a baby shower tomorrow...so I wouldn't think she would head back to London until Wed...but maybe tomorrow night?


LaRae
You're right. Will correct my post. She will probably leave early Wednesday morning. For some weird reason, I thought they were going to be in Morocco on Friday, but it's Saturday-Monday. I'm telling you, I NEED a vacation.
  #432  
Old 02-18-2019, 05:09 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
You're right. Will correct my post. She will probably leave early Wednesday morning. For some weird reason, I thought they were going to be in Morocco on Friday, but it's Saturday-Monday. I'm telling you, I NEED a vacation.
No biggie...she may well go home tomorrow evening in order to avoid paps and people at the airport.

I second the idea of a vacation, one by myself so I can escape everyone lol


LaRae
  #433  
Old 02-18-2019, 06:00 PM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,677
In his reporting, Omid Scobie indicates Meghan months ago planned a five-day trip to New York for this week. So she's probably leaving NY sometime on Wednesday in order to get back to London and finish preparations for the Morocco excursion.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...ork-city-trip/
  #434  
Old 02-18-2019, 06:53 PM
Tarlita's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 1,841
Lots of news outlets reporting Meghan seen at New Yorks Laduree catching up with friends. One story also said that Jessica Mulrooney organised a baby shower for her.
It's great that Meghan can catch up with her old friends and have a good time with them. All while her life is so busy these days.
  #435  
Old 02-18-2019, 07:25 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SL, United Kingdom
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I agree. One of the sad things about this situation is that if her father had remained silent, he would have everything he is saying he wants: access to her, his future grandchild, and the royal family. I had a great amount of respect for his silence up to when he started misbehaving. I know Samantha had a lot to do with that, but why did he listen to her instead of Meghan and Harry. I tell you, it baffles me.
Forget about his betrayals and the continuing lies for a minute as well as the greed and limelight-hogging/attention-seeking displays. No decent father emotionally abuses and verbally trashes a daughter who they claim to love. This man publicly said some truly nasty stuff last summer, colludes with hostile media outlets that mercilessly target Meghan. He also denigrated those loyal and close to Meghan and relentlessly continues to torment her throughout her pregnancy. He hadn’t even the decency to let her live her first year of marriage in peace. I think it’s a massive leap to seek to hold others responsible for a man publicly bullying his own daughter, and shamelessly exploiting her marriage. I’d like to know any rational person that would involve someone like that in the lives of their children.

If all this is regarded as mere ‘misbehaving’ I’d hate to know what full-blown treachery would entail on his part
  #436  
Old 02-18-2019, 07:40 PM
M. Payton's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 1,851

Totally and completely agree with you Lady R, Mr. Markle seem like the most despicable image of a father out there.......his actions and behavior are on par with a type of man I won't and can't say here....what he has done is beyond any type of love a human being can have to another let alone a father for a daughter. Some one needs to actually go to him and show him how his behavior is hateful and mean instead of letting him continue to mouth off to the world all because he is not getting his own way in his daugbhter's life. Meghan is a strong woman, intelligent and loyal to those that are the same back so kicking him to the curb should be no problem for her, and it is very easy to do as I did the same over 50 years ago and have no regrets since. It's her life, not his.....what I wouldn't love to say to that idiot. All women do not need this type of human being in their life.
  #437  
Old 02-18-2019, 07:50 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SL, United Kingdom
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post

Totally and completely agree with you Lady R, Mr. Markle seem like the most despicable image of a father out there.......his actions and behavior are on par with a type of man I won't and can't say here....what he has done is beyond any type of love a human being can have to another let alone a father for a daughter. Some one needs to actually go to him and show him how his behavior is hateful and mean instead of letting him continue to mouth off to the world all because he is not getting his own way in his daugbhter's life. Meghan is a strong woman, intelligent and loyal to those that are the same back so kicking him to the curb should be no problem for her, and it is very easy to do as I did the same over 50 years ago and have no regrets since. It's her life, not his.....what I wouldn't love to say to that idiot. All women do not need this type of human being in their life.
God bless Meghan, a lesser woman would have crumbled by now, suffered a nervous break down.

https://www.her.ie/lol/meghan-markle...ing-dad-440073

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/enterta...edding-favors/


https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/807130...first-wedding/
He slyly instigated a new round of snide innuendo and harassment against poor Meghan.

What a loving dad! What father claims his daughter “planned everything down to the tiniest detail” at her first wedding, before going onto reveal that goody bags containing illegal drugs were gifted to the wedding guests? This betrayal was just two months ago, long after the summer he received that heartbreaking letter pleading with him to stop hurting her. Just unbelievable! Yeah Meghan get in there, let the honourable TM into the fold and grant him easy access to tout your children around to media outlets the same way he sells your childhood memories down the drain. Photos, letters the whole lot, dissected and analysed by all & sundry
  #438  
Old 02-18-2019, 07:50 PM
Tarlita's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 1,841
I really hope Doria can catch up with Meghan in New York. But alas perhaps we will never know. Catching up with her friends will be a great boost to Meghans happiness.
  #439  
Old 02-18-2019, 08:00 PM
duchessrachel's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, United States
Posts: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Reem View Post
Forget about his betrayals and the continuing lies for a minute as well as the greed and limelight-hogging/attention-seeking displays. No decent father emotionally abuses and verbally trashes a daughter who they claim to love. This man publicly said some truly nasty stuff last summer, colludes with hostile media outlets that mercilessly target Meghan. He also denigrated those loyal and close to Meghan and relentlessly continues to torment her throughout her pregnancy. He hadn’t even the decency to let her live her first year of marriage in peace. I think it’s a massive leap to seek to hold others responsible for a man publicly bullying his own daughter, and shamelessly exploiting her marriage. I’d like to know any rational person that would involve someone like that in the lives of their children.

If all this is regarded as mere ‘misbehaving’ I’d hate to know what full-blown treachery would entail on his part
In using the word "misbehaving" I was trying to keep my comments from being inflammatory and , thus, getting the board shut down again. I agree it is more than simple misbehaving, a lot more.
  #440  
Old 02-18-2019, 09:36 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,533
I hope Meghan will have a wonderful time with her friends and hopefully Doria at the baby shower. There will be eventual Instagram pics at the shower ... food, games, a diaper cake. And eventually Samantha will tweet she didn't get invited. I think Meghan's letter to Dad makes it clear where Meghan stands. I would not be surprised the location of the shower is undisclosed out of concern that that Sam would try and crash.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 1: May 2018 - December 2018 JessRulz Current Events Archive 1136 12-04-2018 06:00 PM




Popular Tags
administrator alqasimi aristocracy belgian royal belgian royal family chittagong countess of snowdon crown crown prince hussein's future wife crusades current events danish history denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex duke of sussex dutch history french royalty future wife of prince hussein general news germany headship henry v house of bernadotte house of glucksburg house of grimaldi house of orange-nassau jumma kiko king philippe letter lithuania lithuanian palaces marriage mbs meghan markle monaco royal monarchist monarchy monogram naples nelson mandela bay nobel prize norwegian royal family official visit pakistan potential areas prince charles prince daniel prince harry princely family of monaco princess benedikte qe2 queen mathilde queen paola rania of jordan romanov family rown rumania savoy shakespeare south korea spanish royal state visit sweden swedish history united kingdom usa valois windy city


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises
×