The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 07:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Thomas will see Baby Sussex via the papers like the rest of us. Just go away. He is the worst.
Yup.

The way he talks about Meghan's baby, you would think he has no other grandchildren None of whom, I am pretty sure, he has any relationship with.

Regarding the Times story about ACU: Meghan's comment and her having Amy take a pic of the diversity stats were reported at the time of the engagement...so why is the Times re-reporting it again now? And not just that, but with a LOT of editorializing at that. I am rather disappointed in the Times of late.

If Meghan is, or will be, championing this issue, I am very excited! When I was attending uni in the UK, I was shocked by the lack of diversity in faculty, curriculums and student body---even compared to my not IMO very diverse school in the US.I remember student organizing at the time on campus around the issue, as a matter of fact. I am glad to see this conversation being elevated and its a great issue for Meghan especially to speak about given her own experiences and background.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Undeniably there is a strand of anti-Americanism in both our Press and our populace, just as there is an anti-British strand in both sectors in the USA- ive been reading the New York Times lately [with reference to Brexit] and i'm amazed it has so great 'a problem' with the UK...

It is simply 'the way of the World'...
Not even close to being the same thing. Disagreeing with UK on issues related to Brexit, or even Brexit itself, is not inherently anti-British. Nor does it go to the same level as abusing a pregnant woman over trivial issues like when she wakes up or breaking fake protocols or violating international copyright laws just to publish an incomplete personal letter among other relentless vitriol.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
The general public are not so easily fooled these days by media stories. They know to take sensational stories with a grain of salt. Especially in the UK where they have lived with rubbish stories for such a long time that turn out to be false and made up.
I myself am not convinced this letter from Meghan to her Dad is real. I just don't believe she wrote it.
And I deserve the right to have that view.
T.
I have no doubt the letter is real and because it is not a free-flowing happy missive the "handwriting experts" have psychoanalysed Meghan and found her manipulative, controlling, etc. ad nauseum. But Meghan wrote it very carefully because she knew there was more than a 50/50 chance her father would sell its contents. I have to admit to being surprised that it took him so long as it was written in August 2018 and here we are in February 2019.

Much has been made of Meghan not taking Harry to visit her father in Mexico but, did she know where he lives? It seems that his immediate family were in the dark as I seem to remember comments from the abominable Jnr and Samantha that their father was a very, very private man, virtually a hermit and they contacted him by phone. Presumably, Meghan was it the same position having nothing but a phone number and a Bank Account number.

Back when the news that Harry and Meghan were dating broke, Samantha Grant stated her twitter assault on Meghan that was basically ignored and attributed to jealousy, then Jnr started but her dad was still silent. I think he thought it a passing phase and was not sufficient cause to 'break cover' so to speak.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Recently, someone won big on the lottery and was photographed wearing a scream mask as he collected his winnings. Smart man. Make it big whether it be marrying a British royal prince or winning gobs and gobs of money, idiots come out of the woodwork when they smell money, fame, prestige or anything that serves to stroke the ego.

People love to ride on coattails for a free lunch. Their egos tell them that they're entitled to share in someone's good fortune just because they know the person or are related to them by DNA. Its about as crazy as what I witnessed years ago when the Beatles played in Detroit. Someone got the bright idea to cut up and sell the bedsheets used in their hotel rooms and made out like a bandit.

Meghan right now is a vehicle for many outlets to ride her coattails. Her e(strange)d family came out of the woodwork to capitalize. The media sees her as a "cash cow" to whip people up into a frothy foam to spout vitriol and hatred and disdain just because they can.

Meghan is taking off the coat and burning it. She won't be bullied by anyone and will continue to forge ahead in her life and her actions and her deeds and her words will make a difference. She's not going to give negativity rent free space in her head. She's got more important things to think about and do.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-18-2019, 02:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
but why write to him? Given that he is erratic, it would probably be better to pick up the phone. I suppose he might not have talked to her, but It would be safer than writing him a letter he has now publicised..
I think that before the wedding he was quiet and did not use his relationship with her to get media interest..but she didn't AFAIK try to visit him before her marriage.. when surely that would be the right time to talk to him and advise him that he would have to be very discreet from now on, if he didn't want to hurt her image.
I'd just like to remind, that Mr Markle took the liberty of narrating his every phone conversation with Meghan in his first interview to Piers Morgan. In great detail he said how Meghan had told him she was dating Harry. He also took the liberty to say what Harry allegedly had said about Brexit and Trump to him. In another interview he said, that Harry had shouted at him on the phone. At least with letter, it would be harder to twist her words, or make up a complete different narrative from a letter, if he decided to publish that letter.

As for visiting him before the engagement or marriage. We don't know if Harry and Meghan offered to visit him, and he declined. All of this narrative has been from Mr Markle's words. Harry and Meghan have not said a word. Mr Markle published part of a letter Meghan wrote to him, and it proved Mr Markle a liar already. He had said, that Meghan never gave him money, and he never asked. In the letters it's proved, that she in fact did give him a lot of money, and he asked for more, "for his loyalty". He had also lied, that she hadn't contacted him at all, while she had written him a letter, and he wrote her back, asking for a photo op. So, his words, narrating anything, are less than reliable. If he says, that Meghan and Harry should've visited him, I'm going to think, that he omitted the info of Meghan and Harry offered to visit multiple times, but he declined.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I have no doubt the letter is real and because it is not a free-flowing happy missive the "handwriting experts" have psychoanalysed Meghan and found her manipulative, controlling, etc. ad nauseum. But Meghan wrote it very carefully because she knew there was more than a 50/50 chance her father would sell its contents. I have to admit to being surprised that it took him so long as it was written in August 2018 and here we are in February 2019.

Much has been made of Meghan not taking Harry to visit her father in Mexico but, did she know where he lives? It seems that his immediate family were in the dark as I seem to remember comments from the abominable Jnr and Samantha that their father was a very, very private man, virtually a hermit and they contacted him by phone. Presumably, Meghan was it the same position having nothing but a phone number and a Bank Account number.

Back when the news that Harry and Meghan were dating broke, Samantha Grant stated her twitter assault on Meghan that was basically ignored and attributed to jealousy, then Jnr started but her dad was still silent. I think he thought it a passing phase and was not sufficient cause to 'break cover' so to speak.
Revelations about his request for a photo-op forced his hand obviously but parts of the letter we’ve seen so far do him no favours and exposes him for what he is, so hardly surprising he held onto it for so long (one can only imagine the full content). And since he was also pushing the false ‘ghosted’ narrative of having had no contact since the wedding, disclosure about the letter’s existence wouldn’t have been in his best interest. He even did another GMB tv interview as recently as last December telling Morgan & viewers alike he’d been ghosted just like him blah blah. I don’t know about you but in my opinion anyone willing to cause such maximum damage to their daughter’s reputation using false premises has no boundaries. The excerpts suggests there’s a pattern of lies to his behaviour.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Perhaps someone that has followed Meghan more closely in her previous life before Harry can answer a question for me.

Was there any indication that prior to Meghan's relationship with Harry that her e(strange)d family tried to "get in on the act" and ride her coattails as they're doing now? Has there been any kind of real report of previous hassles and conflicts with these people or was her paternal family something of a distant kind of relationship with each living their own lives?

If there wasn't, then I'd be willing to bet my last turkey sandwich on rye that there's an element in play here that changed things and it fits into the sacrifices that Meghan has made choosing the love of her life and his lifestyle which includes being on the global stage and living in a royal fishbowl. All of a sudden there's this limelight Meghan is in and its attractive and its shiny and elegant and its the ultimate "LA girl makes good" story and the world is eager for any tidbit of information about her. The Markles had stories to tell just by being "In The Shadow Of The Duchess". (pun intended)

It most definitely has gotten out of hand and if Meghan can withstand all of this craziness, the rest of her life will be a piece of cake. She's facing a lot of eyeopeners right now about who the people who have been in her life are really like. She loves her father and that will never change but that doesn't mean that in any way, shape or form can she condone his actions or his way of thinking.

I can't help but think back to the picture of Meghan in the Vanity Fair article where she is sitting in this beautiful gown with bare feet. Back then it reminded me of Cinderella and perhaps now, after seeing everything that is going on with her e(strange)d family and the media, it seems even more poignant to me.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/201...le-cover-story
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 02-18-2019, 04:23 AM
Royal Highness

@Osipi - there was no prior desire for a family reunion from the Markles because Meghan's ex-husband and boyfriends before Harry do not come from prominent wealthy families or are self made billionaires. They would have made the same noise if they did.

The one question about I have about the let is the Fail running it. TPTB had to know UK law about printing a private letter without the consent of the author. Apparently they didn't think Meghan would explore taking legal action against Dad. Dad had other unflattering things written about him and to keep this story alive other media may do a deep dive into Dad's life.

@Lady Reem - Dad's reputation has taken such a hit Letter-gate is on his Wikipedia page along with Pap-gate. These rotten decisions are on his resume for the rest of his life.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

The thing with legal action though about the letter is that they would need Meghan's consent as author of the letter to prosecute her father (and the publishers) and to be honest, I don't see her going that route. It would just seriously make matters worse and more fodder for the tabloids to feed on.

I'm willing to bet the crumbs from my last turkey sandwich on rye that the letter Meghan did send to her father wasn't just dashed out in the deep of the night but carefully composed and each word selected to drive home her points with the knowledge that it was quite possible that it all would end up in the press.

What made me seriously question Mr. Markle is his rant about Harry having to be behind her words. I'll admit to checking things around the net and there are quite a few Americans that reacted to "down the rabbit hole" being solely British. It isn't.

Give this man enough rope and eventually he'll hang himself with it. He's acting on emotions and it shows.

Old 02-18-2019, 04:48 AM
Majesty

The Markles seem not to understand that being low-profile and discreet is the highway to being welcomed in the royal family.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:50 AM
Courtier

The bits of the letter I saw were heartbreaking. It's clear she'd tried to do right by her father but he let her down badly (& then lied about it). I hope Prince Charles is acting as a fatherly figure to her - Camilla says people don't realise how kind he is.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

There's a lot of people in the BRF that could sit around with Meghan and relate stories about what they've gone though and that is what I think is probably the biggest support system that Meghan can have right now. They've been there, done that, had rolls aimed at their heads and survived. They can be empathetic rather than just sympathetic.

Charles once said a long, long time ago that "they're turning us into a bloody soap opera". This is true today and they'll weather it out as a family. Meghan is where she needs to be.

Harry was right stating that Meghan has the family she's never had before.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:06 AM
Nobility

well as soon as the news of their dating became public, Samantha Markle did everything she could to separate them. She was all over twitter saying Meghan was not a good match for Harry, blah blah blah, and back then her racism, Hate, and jealousy was already apparent especially the foul language she used when talking about Doria. Once the engagement became public, she pivoted and went on the route of cashing in on the relationship. These people were despicable from the get go, case in point the Thomas jr's open letter asking Harry to cancel th wedding while criticizing his so called half sister as an arriviste social climber no good potential wife for Harry.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The thing with legal action though about the letter is that they would need Meghan's consent as author of the letter to prosecute her father (and the publishers) and to be honest, I don't see her going that route. It would just seriously make matters worse and more fodder for the tabloids to feed on.

I'm willing to bet the crumbs from my last turkey sandwich on rye that the letter Meghan did send to her father wasn't just dashed out in the deep of the night but carefully composed and each word selected to drive home her points with the knowledge that it was quite possible that it all would end up in the press.

What made me seriously question Mr. Markle is his rant about Harry having to be behind her words. I'll admit to checking things around the net and there are quite a few Americans that reacted to "down the rabbit hole" being solely British. It isn't.

Give this man enough rope and eventually he'll hang himself with it. He's acting on emotions and it shows.
When Meghan did promotion for Suits on Dave TV channel, she used the phrase Ďdown the rabbit holeí. In the YouTube video link below, approximately 1:23

https://youtu.be/trFWwBjdQFM

The quiz on Britishness seems extra cute now, with all the life changing events that have occurred in her life since. 😊
Old 02-18-2019, 09:13 AM
Courtier

This is an interesting documentary by Hiut Denim and the impact of the Duchess of Sussex.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Down the rabbit hole is not that unusual in US. Iíve heard it and Iíve used it. Nice try though.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeT View Post
When Meghan did promotion for Suits on Dave TV channel, she used the phrase ‘down the rabbit hole’. In the YouTube video link below, approximately 1:23

https://youtu.be/trFWwBjdQFM

The quiz on Britishness seems extra cute now, with all the life changing events that have occurred in her life since. ��
Thanks for finding this video proof that The Duchess has used this 'down the rabbit hole" phrase before she met Prince Harry. I knew I had heard her use the phrase in one of the videos on the internet, but couldn't think of where to find it.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Down the rabbit hole is not that unusual in US. Iíve heard it and Iíve used it. Nice try though.

Isn't that a quote from "Alice in Wonderland"? Why should an American not use that?
Old 02-18-2019, 10:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
This is an interesting documentary by Hiut Denim and the impact of the Duchess of Sussex.
Today I watched the whole video. The first time I saw in another post, I was busy so I just browsed. This is a very heart warming story about the Hiut Denim Co. and how Meghan wearing their jeans boosted their business allowing them to expand and employ more people; how wonderful.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
Thanks for finding this video proof that The Duchess has used this 'down the rabbit hole" phrase before she met Prince Harry. I knew I had heard her use the phrase in one of the videos on the internet, but couldn't think of where to find it.
Her body language shift when asked about Wales makes me think she had just met Harry. Clearly very early days but still funny.

Also great seeing the POV of a company that was directly impacted by Meghan. They were trying to play catch up for months from the back orders and how that could have actually hurt them but luckily they were able to expand.

You don't always hear that side of it.

Closed Thread