The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 09:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

What’s true though, “we ain’t seen nothing yet,” Meghan is only getting started. She’s only given us a small sample of what she’s bringing to the “Firm.”

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-16-2019, 09:51 AM
Majesty

Talking

To be pregnant for the first time and having to cope with the anxieties that most or all women who are in this situation face...concern for the health of your unborn child, growing physical discomfort as your body changes, and of course the very natural fear of labor and childbirth itself...add to this the challenge of adjusting to married life in one of the most visible families on Earth..added to the expectation that you will quickly learn Royal protocol and have not only your appearance but your marriage and every public utterance dissected in print and online...now add in the fact that since you are one of the handful of minority women who have married into European Royalty, millions have projected their own personal fantasies and expectations onto you as a "role model". So by God you better measure up!

Now, let's add the cherry to the top of the sundae. A seemingly out of control father and half siblings intent on either embarrassing you and/or putting you in your place for wanting to distance yourself from dysfunction and betrayal.

I really feel for Meghan Duchess of Sussex. This is technically still her honeymoon in what should be the happiest period of her life. I wonder if, in those fleeting moments just before dropping off to sleep does she have any regrets?

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-16-2019, 11:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
To be pregnant for the first time and having to cope with the anxieties that most or all women who are in this situation face...concern for the health of your unborn child, growing physical discomfort as your body changes, and of course the very natural fear of labor and childbirth itself...add to this the challenge of adjusting to married life in one of the most visible families on Earth..added to the expectation that you will quickly learn Royal protocol and have not only your appearance but your marriage and every public utterance dissected in print and online...now add in the fact that since you are one of the handful of minority women who have married into European Royalty, millions have projected their own personal fantasies and expectations onto you as a "role model". So by God you better measure up!

Now, let's add the cherry to the top of the sundae. A seemingly out of control father and half siblings intent on either embarrassing you and/or putting you in your place for wanting to distance yourself from dysfunction and betrayal.

I really feel for Meghan Duchess of Sussex. This is technically still her honeymoon in what should be the happiest period of her life. I wonder if, in those fleeting moments just before dropping off to sleep does she have any regrets?
One will never know. Although, personally, I donít think she have any regrets about where her life is now. She strikes me as a levelheaded person.

As for the expectations thatís been placed on her - Iíd say the expectations on anyone who marry a senior British Royal is high, but the level is even higher in her case. As a black American, I know this all too well.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-16-2019, 01:19 PM
Royal Highness

Shouldn't the expectations of her life be what she expects of herself and not what the rest of the world expects of her? She should live up to her own standards first and foremost before even thinking what the world wants of her.....who comes first in her life, Meghan or the world? And that goes for each of us also.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:59 PM
Majesty

That's true for "regular" people, but it's a ltitle more complicated for the former Meghan Markle.

She is a public person married into a thousand year old institution. As the daughter in law to a future king, and the sister in law to another she will not have the option to "just be yourself" or to concern herself with only pleasing herself.

She has her own standards to live up to as well as those of the House of Windsor.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-16-2019, 02:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Andrew Morton is a real snake oil salesman as we say in my part of the world. I don't trust anything that comes out of his mouth.

We all have access to Meghan's speeches, writings, interviews and social media content from the time she was a teenager. When has she ever said that she wanted to be Diana 2.0? As far as I am aware, Andrew Morton coined this phrase to sell his book.
Agreed. We say that in the USA too.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I'll have to look it up but I believe he stated it in his biography of Meghan with reference to her seeing videos of Diana in the coach on her wedding day in her childhood and dreaming of being a 'princess' like her. I think I remember that was the context. Certainly Meghan has never said anything like that on her own account.

On the other hand Morton's Telegraph article does show a happy, enthusiastic and very active woman. So at least that's a change from all the awful Duchess Difficult, Duchess Overbearing articles that proliferated over the last few months.
IF that is true, Andrew is making more out of it that it is, as he usually does. As a child, I dreamed of being a princess. I wanted to be Diana, but I, like many little girls, only saw the glamorous part of it. It is just normal childhood fantasies.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post

Shouldn't the expectations of her life be what she expects of herself and not what the rest of the world expects of her? She should live up to her own standards first and foremost before even thinking what the world wants of her.....who comes first in her life, Meghan or the world? And that goes for each of us also.
Yes. Unfortunately, the royal reporters and royal watchers always seem to place space-high expectations on royal women. If they think the royal women failed to meet those expectations, thatís when folks start riding on the royals backs.

That said, Meghan have a lot up her sleeve for her royal role. Just wait until the baby is born and her maternity leave is over.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-16-2019, 03:19 PM
Royal Highness

Ah, yet it is the expectations of royal reporters that have on Meghan, those are not *her* expectations. Yes Moonmaiden, I understand what is expected of the House of Windsor, yet Meghan made *her choice* to accept those expectations, it all boils down to what each of us do every day.........Make *choices* in our lives that we can and do live up to.......the hell with royal reporters, they don't pay the rent, buy the food, sit at the table or wash dishes.....they are nothing in my book, no kissing their butts all because they are reporters. I very much approve of the way some in the BRF seem to vanish at any given time to do as they please with their lives....that right there drives the reporters nuts and insane.....so what, It is like living under the thumb of someone else all the time doing as they say, not what you want or desire or need......so the hell with Author Edwards and his cronies....don't cover the events, someone else will, he is biting the hand that feeds him.......
Old 02-16-2019, 04:12 PM
Royal Highness

This has been over a week and royal reporters and biographers are still whining about this. Meghan really gave them a punch in the nose about that letter. I still believe the complaints are still a fear of loss of power and influence at the hands of a foreign born royal, the wife of the sixth in line to the throne. They need to get over themselves. Meghan made her point and right now she and Harry are going over the itinerary for their visit to Morroco next weekend. These same reporters are going to fight to be part of the press pack. You bet the American media will cover it.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:38 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

After much discussion, the moderation team has decided that going forward, the Sussex General News thread will be host to discussion - as relevant to current news stories - about Meghan's family and the relationship between the Sussexes and the media. This decision has been made based on the prevalence of these topics in the media in recent weeks.

However, we have no intention of allowing a repeat of the Markle Family thread and the BRF and the Media thread. While allowing these two topics a place here, the moderating team will be monitoring discussion closely and any posts that feature any of the below will be removed:
  • Insulting comments directed towards the royals, other posters, the Markles or members of the media
  • Subtle - or not subtle - accusations of racism towards other posters or members of the media
  • Off-topic remarks
  • Aggressive tones
  • Agenda-driven posts
  • Bickering
  • Repetitive and circular discussion

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and as long as it does not break any of the TRF Rules and Guidelines and meets the above principles, it may be posted here. We hope that our member base will be able to comport themselves civilly and with respect towards their fellow posters.

Should the atmosphere become unacceptable, the moderating team reserves the right to revert to our original decision of not allowing these two topics to be discussed here.

The British Forum Moderators
Old 02-16-2019, 07:50 PM
Majesty

A piece from the Guardian on Meghan's treatment by the media.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...that-shames-us
Old 02-16-2019, 08:38 PM
Majesty

One of the most level commentaries I have read and the author has a truly wonderful grasp of the English language.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Bennet, Observer Columnist for the Guardian
. . . . . seconds after identifying Meghan as breath of fresh air, decided she was also a hardened manipulatrix, cruel to her poor stalker of a daddy, with a way of being pregnant that really pisses off newsroom executives.
I hadn't thought about how Meghan's disgustingly rude health had robbed the media of unceasingly unctuous columns and columns of commentary on the dreadful toll pregnancy was taking on Meghan's health. Neither had I considered that the deafening silence from BP, CH and KP the subject of Meghan's father would be worthy of comment, after all, the BRF have never, as a rule, 'explained themselves' to the world before. Why should now be any different?

By her S-I-L's third pregnancy the media were all just about totally au fait with how things would go so I suspect they were hoping for a raging hormonal Meghan taking to her day bed with monotonous regularity feeling 'somewhat fatigued'. Instead, she has been exceptionally blessed that whatever was going on behind Nott Cotts walls was able to stay there.

So, with Catherine on maternity leave and Meghan in rude health, they had to have something to print and you really have to hand it to them, they haven't missed a faux psychologist, handwriting expert, lifelong royal expert or biographer, etc. et al. to provide those column inches. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a gutter or sewer their trusted sources haven't trawled to provide the media with something, anything to print.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:08 PM
Royal Highness

Had a good chuckle over your last sentence. I wonder if all that yoga and a healthy eating lifestyle has helped Meghan during her pregnancy.

For all the Blah, blah that is written about Meghan, I hope she can find heartening good feelings and consolation in the Crowds of every day folk who turn out to see her at her official events. Not forgetting the wonderful reception the couple received on the South Pacific tour.

I really do hope she is surrounded by fun loving warm hearted people during this pregnancy.
That is some of their mutual friends and Harry's friends, as well as good relatives.

A pregnant lady doesn't need any negativity in her life. Or as little as possible.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Had a good chuckle over your last sentence. I wonder if all that yoga and a healthy eating lifestyle has helped Meghan during her pregnancy.
I would bet a very healthy baby that it does impact her health. Not only physically but yoga also helps to maintain a healthy balance physically, mentally and emotionally. It helps Meghan also to shut out the "noise" wherever it may come from.

I think we can be pretty assured at this time that there will be no resolution between Meghan and her father whatsoever. As most of you probably know, Mr. Markle has released to the tabloids, a five page letter that Meghan had written him back in August. She pleaded with him to stop going to the press and talking about her. Markle then asked her for a photo op with the press. He just doesn't get it and probably never will. Meghan tried. There comes a time when you realize that a relationship is purely toxic and detrimental to one's well being and you need to let it go. Mr. Markle has about as much chance of knowing his grandchild now as I have being invited to tea with the Queen.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-17-2019, 12:50 AM
Royal Highness

I strongly believe that for Meghan's sake, getting rid of *toxin relationships* be they family or friends is the very best thing she can do for herself first and and foremost and for her marriage and child.......there is a book I hold dearly to my life called Learning to Love Yourself that taught me that and it made a world of difference in how I deal with people who have betrayed and abused me, no one needs nor should have this type of abuse that Meghan is going through with her toxic family and the media. I got rid of toxin relationships at great expense to me emotionally and mentally and it helped me survive to this day.........Meghan has Harry and you do not want to mess with Harry when it comes to Meghan and their child as we know how strong and protective he is of her and the baby. Emotions and memories play havoc in our hearts and minds and it is never easy to just walk away and not look back yet it can be done for peace of mind and sanity.......
Old 02-17-2019, 01:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
I strongly believe that for Meghan's sake, getting rid of *toxin relationships* be they family or friends is the very best thing she can do for herself first and and foremost and for her marriage and child.......there is a book I hold dearly to my life called Learning to Love Yourself that taught me that and it made a world of difference in how I deal with people who have betrayed and abused me, no one needs nor should have this type of abuse that Meghan is going through with her toxic family and the media. I got rid of toxin relationships at great expense to me emotionally and mentally and it helped me survive to this day.........Meghan has Harry and you do not want to mess with Harry when it comes to Meghan and their child as we know how strong and protective he is of her and the baby. Emotions and memories play havoc in our hearts and minds and it is never easy to just walk away and not look back yet it can be done for peace of mind and sanity.......
Absolutely agree. Family should not be forgiven simply because you share DNA.
Meghan tried and her family pushed her beyond her boundary. Once you go beyond that point, there is no return
Old 02-17-2019, 01:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
A piece from the Guardian on Meghan's treatment by the media.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...that-shames-us
I found this passage similar to what I have been thinking:

"Plainly, this affluent couple have choices and an exit from royal life could liberate them, at once, from vindictive relations and their press facilitators, to say nothing of their current destiny as lifetime specimens for bodily and other analysis..."

If this OTT negativity and biased atmosphere against Meghan continues unabated, at some point, I would not be surprised if the Sussexes decided to decamp to a remote location, possibly in Africa. It could be somewhere inaccessible to the general public and especially to media and paps. Harry could be named a special envoy or ambassador and the Sussexes could raise their children in relative privacy, while possibly still touring occasionally on behalf of the crown.

Now that would serve the relentless critics and tabloid media right, as Meghan would no longer be so easily trolled and criticized. Although surely some stories would continue to be completely made up and/or exaggerated. Of course, if the Sussexes departed from full-time life as royals, true fans and people who bear goodwill toward the Sussexes would be sorely disappointed. I'm already disappointed in not being able to see pictures of beagle Guy and the new dog. I wonder why we can't at least learn the name of the new dog. Maybe because the knowledge would be dissected and criticized. I recall how when people thought the new dog's name was 'Oz,' there was a lot of speculation about whether it had anything to do with the Wizard of Oz or some other inspiration. It's silly to speculate, analyze and dissect the Sussexes, and Meghan in particular, to the extent we have seen happening.

Here's another recent commentary in The Washington Post regarding what the constant negative criticism of Meghan says about Britain and the world:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.b18ecffc472e
Old 02-17-2019, 02:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
If this OTT negativity and biased atmosphere against Meghan continues unabated, at some point, I would not be surprised if the Sussexes decided to decamp to a remote location, possibly in Africa.
I don't think something like this would ever happen. It would create even more negativity as Harry goes against everything his family stands for and shirks his duty to crown and country and Meghan "made him do it". It would make matters much, much worse than they already are. It would mean that the bullies have won and the Sussex family caved to it. They pretty much have a private life already away from prying eyes exactly where they are right now.

Meghan is a strong woman and very comfortable in her own skin. A woman like this never caves to negativity or reacts to it in public. I'm sure all of this, especially with her father, is deeply upsetting but with a strong support system in Harry and his family, she'll get through this just fine and focus on her newborn child and her royal role where she can actually make a difference for the positive.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-17-2019, 02:19 AM
Royal Highness

The general public are not so easily fooled these days by media stories. They know to take sensational stories with a grain of salt. Especially in the UK where they have lived with rubbish stories for such a long time that turn out to be false and made up.
I myself am not convinced this letter from Meghan to her Dad is real. I just don't believe she wrote it.
And I deserve the right to have that view.
T.

Closed Thread