Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events Thread 2: December 2011-April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus Kate was spotted on the weekend so clearly they haven't left yet.

You mean with Ludo? My thinking was they'd gone yesterday, and Catherine was walking the dog on Friday. If they are in Verbier now, and in Mustique next month then that's a bit OTT.

You mean with Ludo? My thinking was they'd gone yesterday, and Catherine was walking the dog on Friday. If they are in Verbier now, and in Mustique next month then that's a bit OTT.
Didn't they already go to Mustique with the Middletons. :flowers:

I don't understand why journalist write articles as fact or people read them as fact when he's speculating

The accepted wisdom on Twitter from the journalists is that they're going somewhere for a holiday - hence the inability to attend the memorial service. Whether it's skiing or another trip to Mustique, in my opinion, another foreign holiday so soon after the last one is a mistake. They should head to the secluded cottage at Balmoral; heck it's 22C and sunny this weekend, with a forecast for more of the same this coming week. There's no need to head abroad again so soon which will lead inevitably to claims that they're 'out of touch'.

:previous:

Like I said take it all with a pinch of salt. The press can't make up there mind. Wouldn't surprise me if they sent the press on a wild goose chase and they actually staying in their cottage in Anglesey. :ROFLMAO:

:previous: I hope so, royalistbert. It just seems to me to be a mis-step on their part.

This just me I wouldn't want to go on Holiday after being 6 weeks away! I would like to get back to some normality! :flowers:

I think she walked Lupo last Wednesday. Anyway, if they are on a ski holiday, there will be pictures. Mustique, not so likely.

In case they did go on a holiday abroad indeed, all this rubbish about being "normal" and "leading an army life" can be put to rest. It would be quite snobbish & out of touch to do so. They are other ways to relax other than jetting away to yet another luxus resort.

:previous:

Like I said take it all with a pinch of salt. The press can't make up there mind. Wouldn't surprise me if they sent the press on a wild goose chase and they actually staying in their cottage in Anglesey. :ROFLMAO:

Actually this wouldn't surprise me one bit. Everyone expected William and Kate to head off on a fabulous honeymoon right after their wedding and by choice, they headed home to Anglesey and postponed the honeymoon by several weeks I believe. I don't believe Wills leave is super long and he'll be returning to duty shortly. With all the engagements the both of them have coming up in the future months for the Jubilee and the Olympics, Wills will need time away to participate so perhaps for April and May he's going to be doing solely RAF shifts so as to pull his weight as far as the roster goes. He doesn't get any special treatment for time off for royal duties and wants to be treated like any other serviceman in his crew.

Just my suppositions. :D

:previous:That makes sense to me especially since Kate has been staying in London because of her public engagements and might be anxious to return to Anglesey. Or they could be making use of the cottage at Balmoral as EIIR suggested if Wills' leave isn't very long. And in the interest of economy, the choice of either location would make sense as well. Again, this is all speculation, of course.

Last edited:
Since they themselves never said they were "normal or "leading the army" life, why are we contributing does quote to them?

:previous:That makes sense to me especially since Kate has been staying in London because of the public engagements and might be anxious to return to Anglesey. Or they could be making use of the cottage at Balmoral as EIIR suggested if Wills' leave isn't very long. And in the interest of economy, the choice of either location would make sense as well.

Come to think of it, simple logic tells me they'd prefer somewhere off the radar to just be alone with each other. They're still in their first year of marriage and have been separated for 6 weeks. I think they'd be more interested in being a threesome (including Lupo here of course) than somewhere they'd draw attention to themselves.

I don't care if the couple plan to take a vacation because a a lot of people will do so and will enjoy it at a luxury resort if they can, so why can't Will & Kate do the same. If they enjoy having a short gateway outside of Britain then good for them.

The thing that gets to me is that the couple have said that they didn't want a skiing holiday earlier in the year because of the recession etc but managed to holiday at a resort with the Middleton's and now a ski holiday. It's just not appropriate to say something and do the total opposite IMO.

I don't care if the couple plan to take a vacation because a a lot of people will do so and will enjoy it at a luxury resort if they can, so why can't Will & Kate do the same. If they enjoy having a short gateway outside of Britain then good for them.

The thing that gets to me is that the couple have said that they didn't want a skiing holiday earlier in the year because of the recession etc but managed to holiday at a resort with the Middleton's and now a ski holiday. It's just not appropriate to say something and do the total opposite IMO.

When did they say this? I've seen article that said we heard from a source probably the same sources that said they would be in Scotland with Charles and Camilla for New Year when they were with the Middleton but nothing from the palace at all

Come to think of it, simple logic tells me they'd prefer somewhere off the radar to just be alone with each other. They're still in their first year of marriage and have been separated for 6 weeks. I think they'd be more interested in being a threesome (including Lupo here of course) than somewhere they'd draw attention to themselves.

How can we forget Lupo aka Canine Cambridge? Of course, I'm sure he'd be part of their plans if they went to a rural location.:D

How can we forget Lupo aka Canine Cambridge? Of course, I'm sure he'd be part of their plans if they went to a rural location.:D

Especially with Lupo being such a young pup, 6 weeks is a long time to remember how to wrap William around his little paws. :ROFLMAO:

Hm ya perhaps I don't think ikonpictures ever specified when they were taken but I can go back and check. I was in the States when the photos were released so I have no clue of the details

https://twitter.com/#!/duchess_news

So ya it was Wednesday. Hm maybe they did leave then guess we'll soon see.

Last edited:
Wherever they are, hope they're having a wonderful time and enjoying themselves.

William came back on the 20th. They said he would have a week off from then and the go back straight to work on Tuesday.

William came back on the 20th. They said he would have a week off from then and the go back straight to work on Tuesday.

And when you've been away overseas for 6 weeks or doing public engagements with the Royal family in the London area for 6 weeks, there's no place like home to kick off the shoes, eat simply, watch TV in your underwear and just RELAX. That's what R&R is supposed to be. :D

Wherever they are, hope they're having a wonderful time and enjoying themselves.

I'll second that. They deserve some time to just reconnect and relax.

And when you've been away overseas for 6 weeks or doing public engagements with the Royal family in the London area for 6 weeks, there's no place like home to kick off the shoes, eat simply, watch TV in your underwear and just RELAX. That's what R&R is supposed to be. :D

Exactly! I'm glad they're getting that time too.

The difficulty with the holiday issue, for me and I suspect a good proportion of the public, is that Kate is not working full time as a royal and so it can seem that she's not 'pulling her weight'. If she were even doing say a Camilla-level number of engagements I don't think people would have too much problem with several holidays. William is independently wealthy in his own right and most would say, well if I were in their position I'd do it too.

But, for as long as Kate is not working as a full time royal, some could say she's enjoying all the benefits of being a member of the RF, without actually putting in the hours. That's the sort of thing that would take some time to overcome from a PR point of view.

But, for as long as Kate is not working as a full time royal, some could say she's enjoying all the benefits of being a member of the RF, without actually putting in the hours. That's the sort of thing that would take some time to overcome from a PR point of view.

No matter what Kate does, she IS a member of the BRF and as such is entitled to anything and everything that goes along with it. None of the BRF punch time clocks or are even required to do a certain number events per month or such but they all are extremely dedicated people to their country.

It could very possibly well be that any one of the BRF could have had a preference for a hedonistic lifestyle such as its been reported that David and Wallis had. As time passes and the monarchy turns to Charles and William and Kate become full time working royals, they'll be working just as hard as HM and Charles are now I bet.

Just one thing more about Kate's "work". When I really think about it, perhaps its not quantity that matters so much in what she does but more so quality. In just one visit to EACH recently she not only drew attention to this organization but had so many responses to the bracelet that they were sold out. To me that is amazing.

The difficulty with the holiday issue, for me and I suspect a good proportion of the public, is that Kate is not working full time as a royal and so it can seem that she's not 'pulling her weight'. If she were even doing say a Camilla-level number of engagements I don't think people would have too much problem with several holidays. William is independently wealthy in his own right and most would say, well if I were in their position I'd do it too.

I agree. I've read some of the posts on the DM site today as the paper is saying that they are going to Verbier. There is a great deal of anger and dislike for Catherine which is now also being directed at Prince William and even comments about him and Harry "milking" their mother's death. Appalling I know.

William and Harry both like to wind-up the press and lay false trails but this can easily backfire and the DM is not going to print an article saying that they printed incorrect information.

The Duke and Duchess need to rethink their strategy, take advice from the Queen and if the current workload is all Catherine is going to do, then that needs to be made more clear and preferably by the Queen.

I don't think their has been an article in the DM about royalty and non-royals were commentators have been anything but negative.

I don't think their has been an article in the DM about royalty and non-royals were commentators have been anything but negative.

Y'know that makes total sense. Most of the tabloids report sensationalistic stories to get a rise of readers so it kind of makes sense that the reader's commentary would be sensationalistic also. Gotta say something outrageous to be quoted in these rags. :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom