The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Majesty

Some blasts from the past couple of months. I'm not sure if they have been shared or not.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Real protocol to the year-end party with Middleton and Christmas was the Duchess of Cambridge
Del protocolo real a la fiesta de fin de año con los Middleton: así ha sido la Navidad de la duquesa de Cambridge

Google Google Translate

Old 01-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Some blasts from the past couple of months. I'm not sure if they have been shared or not.

In the Centrepoint video, I LOVE how much Prince William reminds me of his mother, Diana. The way he rolls his eyes, or cracks a joke is JUST like her at times, IMO. Thanks for posting the video, I had seem pictures, but not the video from the engagement.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
In the Centrepoint video, I LOVE how much Prince William reminds me of his mother, Diana. The way he rolls his eyes, or cracks a joke is JUST like her at times, IMO. Thanks for posting the video, I had seem pictures, but not the video from the engagement.
William has a great deal of his late mother's mannerisms. Their smiles are very similar (at times identical even), as well as their facial expressions at certain times. I think his open and easy manner is what attracts him to people. After all, it's what attracted them to his mother too.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Courtier

I love the way William helps his wife in the Centerpoint video. At the beginning of this video, we can clearly see that while he is talking to the young girls, he uses discretly his arm to indicate to Kate that she has to lean forward. They are a nice couple!
And I agree with both of you: William reminds me a lot of his mother.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Serene Highness

You know your right. William is like his mom alot in his mannerisms. I love the way he is protective of Catherine. He seems to always be there, somewhere around her. Very caring and loving young man. Thanks for those video clips.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
You know your right. William is like his mom alot in his mannerisms. I love the way he is protective of Catherine. He seems to always be there, somewhere around her. Very caring and loving young man. Thanks for those video clips.
You're welcome. Glad you liked them. William certainly appears to be a very loving and caring husband. The subtlety of their interactions in public says a great deal. I really enjoy watching them.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I haven't seen any mention of who the other party guests were.
There were only around 100 guests; since Pippa was the one throwing the party, it seems as if her friends would predominate.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Oh, I'm sure someone will lift this idea if they haven't already. After all, there are biographies, dolls, calendars and other material on this couple that are pretty popular. I'm sure soon there will be games, too.
The industry will stop at nothing to make a profit, and some people will stop at nothing to have everything that is available when it comes to certain public figures/movies, music groups/artists. The 'Where are Will and Kate' books would definitely be a riot.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

There are dolls?! I want a doll! And I wonder what a game would be like; William has to slay the dragon and get Kate to the church. OR William and Kate have to make it fromliving together in "sin" (LoL) in Anglessey, to making it respectable in the eyes of the Lord. BTW my last idea was a joke and not a judgement on couples living together.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

So it appears that the duchess has finally chosen her patronages. Unfortunately the article detailing the charities has been taken - there is an embargo on the information and a reporter accidentally published it too early.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
So it appears that the duchess has finally chosen her patronages. Unfortunately the article detailing the charities has been taken - there is an embargo on the information and a reporter accidentally published it too early.
What article are you referring to?
Old 01-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi
There are dolls?! I want a doll! And I wonder what a game would be like; William has to slay the dragon and get Kate to the church. OR William and Kate have to make it fromliving together in "sin" (LoL) in Anglessey, to making it respectable in the eyes of the Lord. BTW my last idea was a joke and not a judgement on couples living together.

Well, you're certainly making a joke of my beliefs. Not appreciated.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
What article are you referring to?
There was an article on Birmingham Mail detailing Kate's new charities, but it was quickly taken down. A few of the royal reporters on twitter are saying that there is an embargo in place, so they can't publish her charities yet.

Birmingham news, features, information and sport from the Birmingham Mail

Quote:
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer

Rule 1 of modern journalism in the internet age: there's always an idiot journalist who, deliberately or accidentally, breaks the embargo.

44 minutes ago
Old 01-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
There was an article on Birmingham Mail detailing Kate's new charities, but it was quickly taken down. A few of the royal reporters on twitter are saying that there is an embargo in place, so they can't publish her charities yet.

Thank you.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

That means they'll probably release the information in a day or two right? If it's already out to the press and they're just awaiting the embargo lift?
Old 01-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

^Yep, they should be releasing the info soon.

You're welcome, muriel.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Did you get to read it before it was taken down?
Old 01-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

^Yeah, I got a chance to read some of it. Since there is an embargo, I don't think I'm allowed to name the specific charities, but there were 4 mentioned in the article.

ETA: Rosapru, was able to find part of the original article. It's posted in the 'General information on the Duchess' thread.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
There are indeed dolls, but the majority are very creepy/scary-looking. One in particular has Catherine grinning like she's about to hack someone to death. But, there's a bride doll of Catherine which is really gorgeous, and I believe is manufactured by Ashton-Drake. Here's the link for you; http://www.ashtondrake.com/products/...wedding%20doll

Closed Thread