Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events Thread 2: December 2011-April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all these updates and the photos, ghost night! Like another poster said, it may be intrusive but it's nice to see Wills and Kate.

They obviously had a lovely time on their skiing holiday. Like some, I'm torn between liking the pictures and feeling like an intruder for clicking on them. This was their private time after all.

William wore the uniform of the Irish Guards since it is the dress uniform for the highest rank that he holds, no matter what the color happened to be.

Is there a chance someone could related to HRH Kate Middleton and NOT know it??.

Hi my family originates from England. For many many generations, my family line has carried the name Middleton. My father like HRH Catherine Middletons share the same name, Michael and our grandfathers too share Peter Middleton... I liveso far now and have list contact with my famiy so there is no one i can ask.....
And in my family there is a rumor that has been passed thought the generations that there was infidelity between one of my forefathers and their Master. Now master of royalty I am not sure but, no documents were found yet. I don't think they would document affairs with pride... how would I find out????

Pleas help extremely frustrated lost and possible forgotten Middleton.....

Welcome to the Boards SMiddleton!!

First off, to try and make sure you aren't attacked for what's in your post by some around here...

"HRH Catherine Middleton" is not her name nor her title. When she said "I do!!" almost a year ago, Catherine Middleton ceased to exist. She became on that day HRH Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge as well as two other titles. :eek:)

We usually refer to her around here as Kate or Catherine or by her title. :eek:)

I really hope this isn't coming across as nasty or snippy, as that really isn't my intent here, but just to let you know. There are some around here who are *very* "correct" around here and will be rather nasty, so trying to avoid that for you. :eek:)

Secondly...I can't help you w/your questions, but I hope someone around here can. Have you tried Ancestry.ca? It's amazing what you can find over there, as they're linked into most of the major Family History and Genelogy websites out there.

Good luck and welcome to TRF!! :eek:)

Welcome to the Boards SMiddleton!!

First off, to try and make sure you aren't attacked for what's in your post by some around here...

"HRH Catherine Middleton" is not her name nor her title. When she said "I do!!" almost a year ago, Catherine Middleton ceased to exist. She became on that day HRH Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge as well as two other titles. :eek:)

As we're putting things in correct perspective here, I'd like to point out that her title is not HRH Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge either. She is HRH The Duchess of Cambridge. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge would be her title should she divorce William.

I'd like to be the second to welcome you to TRF SMiddleton!! There's a lot of good people here that know such a wealth of information. I couldn't begin to recount all that I've learned in my years here.

Happy posting!!

Hi, SMiddleton, and welcome to the boards. Good luck with your research and hope you dig up the information you're looking for. It's not even a year for me here and I've learned so much from the Forums.

ghost_night554 said:
I'd expect based on what I've heard and what we've been told to expect something mid April.

Isn't HMs birthday is mid/late April?

Skiing seems kind of boring for a holiday, has anyone been? It's too bad they can't jet off to Vegas. : ) :giggles:

No frills Wills and Kate: Duke and Duchess fly easyJet to French Alps for skiing holiday
They may be our future King and Queen but Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge proved they certainly don't have any airs and graces after flying home from their skiing trip on easyJet. Despite their vast wealth, the Royal couple chose to fly with the budget airline easyJet after a week-long skiing trip in the French Alps. Prince William, 29, and Kate, 30, flew from Geneva to Manchester last Sunday on the low-cost airline after a relaxing break on the slopes.

I think its wonderful that they were able to get away together after he got home. Although they were with Catherines family I think they managed to have their alone time I'm sure. As for the fact that they used a regular airline, I think they made a good decision. It shows they were aware what people would think if they used a private jet. Already people are criticizing them for even going on the ski trip. The fact that they even thought about what people would think and took that into consideration shows that they do want people to know they are not extravagant spenders.

Don't be upset Ghost. This is sad political manipulation by the sad government in Argentina and it will be recognised as such.

The British Government have re-affirmed the right to self determiniation by the Falklands people and that stands as the way ahead.

It is to the Argentine Government detriment that they promote such a negative approach.

Can I say Ghost that the information and reports you bring to us all are excellent and assist in understanding what is happening. Thank you v much.

The UK government said William's visit was routine, that he was there as a pilot only and would perform no public engagements while there. They were as good as their word - we saw next to nothing of William while he was in the Falklands. It's a shame that Argentinians react this way.

Have to laugh though, everything Argentina has been doing lately has just hardened the resolve of the Islanders to remain British. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

They flew budget....they really are just like us. Lol

Argentina just needed someone to focus their anger on and since William had been deployed to the Falklands, he was the obvious target. Unfortunately, the United States has had its own share of effigy and flag burning in various and sundry countries, sadly including right here in America with many a political demonstration.

So don't be upset over this, Ghost, and I also agree that you do a great job in bringing your fellow forumers information on various and sundry topics. Thank you!:flowers:

Skiing seems kind of boring for a holiday, has anyone been? It's too bad they can't jet off to Vegas. : ) :giggles:

Given a choice between a skiing holiday and a Vegas holiday (and I've done both,) I'd chose skiing hands down. Once you are comfortable on skis speeding downhill is thrilling not to mention the gorgeous snow covered mountain scenery you're skiing through. In fact skiing is my favorite sport and I consider it a lot more fun than say tennis or hiking or swimming, a bit like sailing, but better, IMO. And then there's apres ski - hanging out by a roaring fire, comfortably tired from the runs, sipping and snacking and chatting w/ friends/family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom