The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope so, royalistbert. It just seems to me to be a mis-step on their part.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Courtier

This just me I wouldn't want to go on Holiday after being 6 weeks away! I would like to get back to some normality!

Old 03-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
You mean with Ludo? My thinking was they'd gone yesterday, and Catherine was walking the dog on Friday. If they are in Verbier now, and in Mustique next month then that's a bit OTT.
I think she walked Lupo last Wednesday. Anyway, if they are on a ski holiday, there will be pictures. Mustique, not so likely.

In case they did go on a holiday abroad indeed, all this rubbish about being "normal" and "leading an army life" can be put to rest. It would be quite snobbish & out of touch to do so. They are other ways to relax other than jetting away to yet another luxus resort.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post

Like I said take it all with a pinch of salt. The press can't make up there mind. Wouldn't surprise me if they sent the press on a wild goose chase and they actually staying in their cottage in Anglesey.
Actually this wouldn't surprise me one bit. Everyone expected William and Kate to head off on a fabulous honeymoon right after their wedding and by choice, they headed home to Anglesey and postponed the honeymoon by several weeks I believe. I don't believe Wills leave is super long and he'll be returning to duty shortly. With all the engagements the both of them have coming up in the future months for the Jubilee and the Olympics, Wills will need time away to participate so perhaps for April and May he's going to be doing solely RAF shifts so as to pull his weight as far as the roster goes. He doesn't get any special treatment for time off for royal duties and wants to be treated like any other serviceman in his crew.

Just my suppositions.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

That makes sense to me especially since Kate has been staying in London because of her public engagements and might be anxious to return to Anglesey. Or they could be making use of the cottage at Balmoral as EIIR suggested if Wills' leave isn't very long. And in the interest of economy, the choice of either location would make sense as well. Again, this is all speculation, of course.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Courtier

Since they themselves never said they were "normal or "leading the army" life, why are we contributing does quote to them?
Old 03-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
PlanetSKI in Verbier: "There has been no sight of William and Kate on the slopes of Verbier "
https://twitter.com/#!/Royal_beans/s...54452477263875
Old 03-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
That makes sense to me especially since Kate has been staying in London because of the public engagements and might be anxious to return to Anglesey. Or they could be making use of the cottage at Balmoral as EIIR suggested if Wills' leave isn't very long. And in the interest of economy, the choice of either location would make sense as well.
Come to think of it, simple logic tells me they'd prefer somewhere off the radar to just be alone with each other. They're still in their first year of marriage and have been separated for 6 weeks. I think they'd be more interested in being a threesome (including Lupo here of course) than somewhere they'd draw attention to themselves.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I don't care if the couple plan to take a vacation because a a lot of people will do so and will enjoy it at a luxury resort if they can, so why can't Will & Kate do the same. If they enjoy having a short gateway outside of Britain then good for them.

The thing that gets to me is that the couple have said that they didn't want a skiing holiday earlier in the year because of the recession etc but managed to holiday at a resort with the Middleton's and now a ski holiday. It's just not appropriate to say something and do the total opposite IMO.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I don't care if the couple plan to take a vacation because a a lot of people will do so and will enjoy it at a luxury resort if they can, so why can't Will & Kate do the same. If they enjoy having a short gateway outside of Britain then good for them.

The thing that gets to me is that the couple have said that they didn't want a skiing holiday earlier in the year because of the recession etc but managed to holiday at a resort with the Middleton's and now a ski holiday. It's just not appropriate to say something and do the total opposite IMO.
When did they say this? I've seen article that said we heard from a source probably the same sources that said they would be in Scotland with Charles and Camilla for New Year when they were with the Middleton but nothing from the palace at all
Old 03-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Come to think of it, simple logic tells me they'd prefer somewhere off the radar to just be alone with each other. They're still in their first year of marriage and have been separated for 6 weeks. I think they'd be more interested in being a threesome (including Lupo here of course) than somewhere they'd draw attention to themselves.
How can we forget Lupo aka Canine Cambridge? Of course, I'm sure he'd be part of their plans if they went to a rural location.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
How can we forget Lupo aka Canine Cambridge? Of course, I'm sure he'd be part of their plans if they went to a rural location.
Especially with Lupo being such a young pup, 6 weeks is a long time to remember how to wrap William around his little paws.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
You mean with Ludo? My thinking was they'd gone yesterday, and Catherine was walking the dog on Friday. If they are in Verbier now, and in Mustique next month then that's a bit OTT.
Hm ya perhaps I don't think ikonpictures ever specified when they were taken but I can go back and check. I was in the States when the photos were released so I have no clue of the details

So ya it was Wednesday. Hm maybe they did leave then guess we'll soon see.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Courtier

Looks like my theory may be correct.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Wherever they are, hope they're having a wonderful time and enjoying themselves.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Wherever they are, hope they're having a wonderful time and enjoying themselves.
I second that!
Old 03-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Courtier

William came back on the 20th. They said he would have a week off from then and the go back straight to work on Tuesday.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
William came back on the 20th. They said he would have a week off from then and the go back straight to work on Tuesday.
And when you've been away overseas for 6 weeks or doing public engagements with the Royal family in the London area for 6 weeks, there's no place like home to kick off the shoes, eat simply, watch TV in your underwear and just RELAX. That's what R&R is supposed to be.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I'll second that. They deserve some time to just reconnect and relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
And when you've been away overseas for 6 weeks or doing public engagements with the Royal family in the London area for 6 weeks, there's no place like home to kick off the shoes, eat simply, watch TV in your underwear and just RELAX. That's what R&R is supposed to be.
Exactly! I'm glad they're getting that time too.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

The difficulty with the holiday issue, for me and I suspect a good proportion of the public, is that Kate is not working full time as a royal and so it can seem that she's not 'pulling her weight'. If she were even doing say a Camilla-level number of engagements I don't think people would have too much problem with several holidays. William is independently wealthy in his own right and most would say, well if I were in their position I'd do it too.

But, for as long as Kate is not working as a full time royal, some could say she's enjoying all the benefits of being a member of the RF, without actually putting in the hours. That's the sort of thing that would take some time to overcome from a PR point of view.

Closed Thread