The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Willls didn't work last Christmas. Has it been announced he will be working Easter and/or Christmas?

Old 03-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Courtier

Reading through this thread its like they have committed a crime!

Old 03-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Serene Highness

Its o.k. royalistbert. At least we are able to say what is on our minds as long as it doesn't get to be abusive. I love seeing the differences we all have. :)
Old 03-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

If it was as important for the Queen to have everybody present, as it seems to be for some posters, I am sure the word would have gone out that attendance was not optional. Obviously that was not the case and if she is fine with it I don't really see what the issue is. They will all spend Easter as they wish with their families and/or friends, which may well include church services for Easter and private remembrances for The Queen Mother and Princess Margaret. I doubt if any of The Queens children have forgotten their grandmother and aunt.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/RoyalReporter"]
So ya along with William and Kate neither Charles, Camilla nor Harry will be with the Queen this year for Easter
IT would please me to find out that William and Kate were spending Easter with Kate's family.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Thank you ghost night for the article. Will be nice to see William and Catherine in the carriage with the Queen and Duke. As for the Easter discussion, I think it might be getting a little heated. Lets all breathe. :)
The Duke and Duchess won't be in the carriage with the Queen and Duke, they will be in the procession - along with the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry. I'd say possibly Andrew and his girls, Anne and Tim and Edward and Sophie will also be in the carriage procession.

If anyone were to ride in the carriage with the Queen and Prince Philip it would be Charles and Camilla as the next in line.

It's just a poorly phrased article and headline to work William and Kate into a story about the Queen and Duke.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

More information about 5th June and carriage ride

link to information on official Royal site

Announcement of Diamond Jubilee events taking place on 5 June 2012
Old 03-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
The Duke and Duchess won't be in the carriage with the Queen and Duke, they will be in the procession - along with the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry. I'd say possibly Andrew and his girls, Anne and Tim and Edward and Sophie will also be in the carriage procession.

If anyone were to ride in the carriage with the Queen and Prince Philip it would be Charles and Camilla as the next in line.

It's just a poorly phrased article and headline to work William and Kate into a story about the Queen and Duke.
I think it's great that William and Catherine get to participate in the Jubilee celebrations during the Jubilee Weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing this.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Doesn't Trooping the Colour occur in June as well? That'll involve another carriage ride, at least for the Queen and Prince Phillip since this also celebrates her birthday.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books
Doesn't Trooping the Colour occur this month as well? That'll involve another carriage ride as well, at least for the Queen and Prince Phillip.
It occurs in June.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I had meant June and corrected my original post; thanks.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Trooping the Colour

Trooping the Colour is on 16th June
Old 03-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Let's stay on topic with William and Catherine's actual current events. If you wish to discuss the Trooping, you may do so here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...a-9989-31.html .
Thanks!

Zonk

British Forums Moderator

Old 03-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta
This seems to have turned into a vent regarding the validity of the Church of England. For those who are not religious, so be it. No need to grind on and on. For those of us who are religious, same thing. I find it amusing that non-religious people celebrate Christmas with such gusto. Easter is the most important observance in Christendom.

I'm finished with this "discussion."
Perhaps it should be, and to those who are actually religious and not just talking heads it probably is. For example those who practice Lent. I admit that Easter has only been associated with eggs and a bunny for me, but that is definitely not the reason for the season. People who are more religious than me but still a bit lazy about it always say "you go to church at least twice, Easter Sunday and Christmas".
I also recall reading that for Russian Orthodox Christians Easter is the bigger Holiday.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 03-22-2012, 11:57 PM
Serene Highness

In my family, Easter has always been a time to remembrance of our dead, for some reason (the rising up out of the grave imagery was very important, growing up). Flowers are laid and it's rather somber.

It's William and Kate's first Easter together, is it not? Both of them have families, and they need to combine their traditions - the fact that his family is Royal notwithstanding. It seems to me that as a serviceman, he's doing his duty for his nation in several ways and that as a new husband, he and his wife need to work out what they wish to do with their holidays.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
It's William and Kate's first Easter together, is it not? .
Depends what you class as "together". It is their first Easter as a married couple, but most definitely not their first Easter together.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Since when is Easter one of the holiday's that a couple has to spend together? It's one of the most important Christian holiday's but is it known as a day that couples celebrate together? Just go to church and focus on the Lord.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 03-24-2012, 12:36 AM
Heir Apparent

I know plenty of people, my own family included (those who live in the counrty) who spend Easter with our loved ones. Because some may not find it necessary to do so, does not suggest that those who do are in some way mistaken by it's meaning.

Does not Christianity, for the most part, preach love and togetherness? Coming together to observe what has been taught in the company of those we hold dear and in whose presence we feel connected and supported. For many people that would mean them and their partner.

It would make perfect sense that William and Catherine should wish to spend Easter together. Though I'm sure they will attend church with the family.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Prince WIlliam, Duchess Catherine on romantic ski trip

Read more: Prince WIlliam, Duchess Catherine on romantic ski trip | CTV News
Old 03-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Courtier

I take that with a pinch of salt.

Closed Thread