The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 03:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Got a bit of news
Quote:
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter @HRHDuchesskate I'm told it's unlikely William and Kate will be at Windsor on Easter Sunday.
Also:
Quote:
@MaxFosterCNN: No more public appearances planned for Kate, William or Harry for a month or so. For now all eyes on Queen & her Jubilee

Old 03-20-2012, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

So now William is coming home today, March 20? What a nice reunion for the two of them.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness

I bet Catherine is so happy that he will be home soon. So much to catch up on. Hopefully they will have time to themselves.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Back home to Kate: Prince William completes Falklands tour of duty
Quote:
Prince William has returned to Britain after his tour of duty in the Falkland Islands and will be reunited with his wife this afternoon. He landed at RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire this morning after seven weeks away and he is expected to see Kate at Kensington Palace this afternoon.The Duke of Cambridge will now be on leave for a few days before he resumes his duties as a search and rescue pilot at RAF Valley in Anglesey, Wales.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Majesty

Another article on the Duke's return home from 'The Telegraph':
Prince William reunited with Duchess of Cambridge as he returns home from the Falklands - Telegraph

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter The March 30 service at Windsor will mark the 10th anniversary of the deaths of the Queen Mother and Princess Margaret.
When asked about William and Kate's attendance
Quote:
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter @IkonPictures He could be on duty that day....
So there you have it folks. I guess time will tell whether or not they will be able to attend. And also found out they are not allowed to disclose the times.

Also when asked whether or not there are any pics of the Duke and Duchess being reunited.
Quote:
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter @OurLovelyDofC Er, if they were, they haven't given it to us yet. I know the MoD and palace weren't planning to put out any new photos.
Just got word:
Quote:
Rebecca English ‏ @RE_DailyMail Duke& Duchess of Cambridge only senior royals not to attend service for Queen Mum and Princess Margaret next week.charles,Camilla,Harry will

Rebecca English ‏ @RE_DailyMail St James's Palace: the couple have prior commitment -but surprising they will miss Windsor Castle service to mark 10th anniversary of deaths
Old 03-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Courtier

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if they were headed up to Balmoral (William's little house) for a bit of R&R.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

It bugs me a bit like I kinda think they should be there. I dunno. I know that William had a few days off and then he was scheduled to go back to work.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, they should be at the memorial. Especially as they are being described as senior royals.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:30 PM
Nobility

I am sure the prior commitment must be super important if they can't make it. Hopefully we will find out what it is.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
It bugs me a bit like I kinda think they should be there. I dunno. I know that William had a few days off and then he was scheduled to go back to work.
I really hope it's not a vacation that will keep them from the thanksgiving service.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Royal reporters right now are betting their money that the prior commitment is prob a pre-planned mini holiday. From what I read Wills is scheduled to have some time off then back to work along with royal duties.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Yes, they should be there. Especially as they are being described as senior royals.
They are being called senior royals by the Daily Mail. Says everything.

This service is not mentioned on the Royal website at all but currently it states that Prince Edward is away on royal duties and so he won't be attending.

All we know for certain is that Prince William is due back on duty in a few days and will be on his normal shift and they have already organised something else.

And this thread is full of wishes that they spent time together. It isn't a terrible thing if they can't attend.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Agree to disagree. I see it differently. And, every once in a while, the DM gets it right.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

that's ok KittyAtlanta - that's what makes the forums go round
Old 03-21-2012, 03:59 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Yes, they should be at the memorial. Especially as they are being described as senior royals.
I suspect that the queen has approved them not being present. And if you ask me, if it's ok with the Queen, it should be ok with everybody else. After all, they was HER mother and her sister. Evidently, the queen is satisfied with the work William and Kate are doing for their country.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez View Post
I am sure the prior commitment must be super important if they can't make it. Hopefully we will find out what it is.
Making the next heir?

And hey: it's just a church service in memory of great-grandmother and great-aunt. It should be up to the family to see who wants to attend. Here in Germany we often have services where nobody or only one member of the family attends, just the priest was asked to pray with the congregation for the late family members. It's a very personal thing, IMHO. No need to make a duty out of it. Especially after being away for 7 weeks and the wife still in need to become a mother to produce heir and spare. Because that is her dynastic job, not attending church services and keep the limelight (even though it's not by purpose) on her instead of the late ladies.

But my, I am glad that Catherine has Camilla and HM as her closest In-laws and not some of the members here.....
Old 03-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter It's not particularly unusual but just to confirm, Charles, Camilla, William, Kate, and Harry won't be with the Queen at Windsor at Easter.
So ya along with William and Kate neither Charles, Camilla nor Harry will be with the Queen this year for Easter
Old 03-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Serene Highness

Hmm. Wonder why. Maybe everyone is doing some official appearance somewhere or has some prior engagement? Odd.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Hmm. Wonder why. Maybe everyone is doing some official appearance somewhere or has some prior engagement? Odd.
Or they're just spending Easter with themselves. It's not like Christmas.