The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Well now this is what I call rude.
Falklands: Morrissey's band wear 'We Hate William and Kate' T-shirts in Argentina - Telegraph

I know things are tense in Falklands but come on!
This is in very bad taste. These celebrities are blowing the issue out of proportion, in my opinion.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Serene Highness

This is just sheer stupidity. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but for petes sake. There is a way to make your opinions known without making a total fool out of yourself. Obviously there are people in this world that don't know how to behave like intelligent human beings. I'm very disappointed and shocked to think that people would even involve William and Catherine in this. They had nothing to do with any of this dispute. The nerve.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...k-William.html
Old 03-12-2012, 03:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I apologize I dunno where to put this
The Prince of Wales pays for Duchess of Cambridge to pose for surprise present - Telegraph
Old 03-12-2012, 04:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

So no longer a secret then?
Old 03-12-2012, 04:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen
So no longer a secret then?
That was my thought.... If this is supposed to be a surprise for william.... Sshhhh
Old 03-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
That's Mandrake (Richard Eden) for you. Already in May 2011 he mentioned a conversation with the painter who had painted William and Harry. Then she said the same things he quotes here: how difficult it is to do justice to a beauty like Catherine.

It was IMHO very much a promotion article for the painter to do Catherine as well... And now we hear that the campaign was successful. Tst, tst, tst....
Old 03-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
If this is true, Charles continues to climb my ladder of respect. This is how families should treat the members who marry into it, particularly for love. Also, it clearly shows that Charles has a lot of affection for his daughter-in-law, which we've heard several times in the past. And, this makes me love all of them a bit more.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I agree. So far, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, as well as every other member of the royal family, have done absolutely everything to make Kate feel at ease, so to speak. They have certainly welcomed her into family.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Royal Highness

I believe all Charles wanted was for William to be happy in his marriage. That Catherine is a woman who enjoys a lot of Charles' leisure interests is something that adds fun to the fact that she is absolutely suitable and is William's beloved. I really got a bit sentimental when I heard that Harry refered to her as his "sister", for I have a liking for families who work just because the members work on it and succeed, even though they have a hard job etc.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

I agree. So far, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, as well as every other member of the royal family, have done absolutely everything to make Kate feel at ease, so to speak. They have certainly welcomed her into family.
I agree. I think Catherine is very lucky to be surrounded by such caring and supportive in-laws. It's a sweet gesture on the part of the Prince of Wales to commission a portrait of his son's wife for the said son's thirtieth birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I believe all Charles wanted was for William to be happy in his marriage. That Catherine is a woman who enjoys a lot of Charles' leisure interests is something that adds fun to the fact that she is absolutely suitable and is William's beloved. I really got a bit sentimental when I heard that Harry refered to her as his "sister", for I have a liking for families who work just because the members work on it and succeed, even though they have a hard job etc.
Well said. I think Catherine just fits in naturally.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope this article is true; what a lovely gift that would be and very thoughtful of Charles. It really indicates the depth of feeling he has for Kate and the warm relationship they have.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Aristocracy

Kudo to Kate who earned the in-law respect and love
Old 03-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I am so happy how much Charles and everyone else has welcomed Kate into the family with open arms. I remember in the early days after the engagement I read an article that said how Charles referred to her as the daughter he always wished to have. I don't want to drag Diana into this but as well all remember back in 92 she openly revealed that Charles always longed for a daughter so I'm sure now that he has one he loves Catherine to bits.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate & Charles share a love of the arts that William & Harry do not appear to have that much interest in. They have gone to the Royal Ballet together. According to Harry's interview when he was out of the polar trek, his dad & Kate were working together to pick the music for the wedding.

The one advantage of William & Kate of dating for so long is that Will's family got to know Kate and Kate's family got to know Will in an informal setting. Looking forward to Kate with Camilla & Charles this week.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Kate & Charles share a love of the arts that William & Harry do not appear to have that much interest in. They have gone to the Royal Ballet together. According to Harry's interview when he was out of the polar trek, his dad & Kate were working together to pick the music for the wedding.

The one advantage of William & Kate of dating for so long is that Will's family got to know Kate and Kate's family got to know Will in an informal setting. Looking forward to Kate with Camilla & Charles this week.
I disagree. I think William is interested in the arts, he is President of BAFTA.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Coins to commemorate William and Kate's wedding anniversary.

Two Coins, Two Anniversaries for Britain
Old 03-13-2012, 12:54 AM
Majesty

To me,the coin does not resemble Kate at all!
Old 03-13-2012, 01:25 AM
Majesty

Nor William. He has the look of someone who's forgotten to put his false teeth in.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator

Hmm, lovely to have these coins minted, but really, the art of getting people's faces right in coin minting seems to have been lost!