Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events Thread 2: December 2011-April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you ghost night for the article. Will be nice to see William and Catherine in the carriage with the Queen and Duke. As for the Easter discussion, I think it might be getting a little heated. Lets all breathe. :)

The Duke and Duchess won't be in the carriage with the Queen and Duke, they will be in the procession - along with the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry. I'd say possibly Andrew and his girls, Anne and Tim and Edward and Sophie will also be in the carriage procession.

If anyone were to ride in the carriage with the Queen and Prince Philip it would be Charles and Camilla as the next in line.

It's just a poorly phrased article and headline to work William and Kate into a story about the Queen and Duke.

The Duke and Duchess won't be in the carriage with the Queen and Duke, they will be in the procession - along with the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry. I'd say possibly Andrew and his girls, Anne and Tim and Edward and Sophie will also be in the carriage procession.

If anyone were to ride in the carriage with the Queen and Prince Philip it would be Charles and Camilla as the next in line.

It's just a poorly phrased article and headline to work William and Kate into a story about the Queen and Duke.

I think it's great that William and Catherine get to participate in the Jubilee celebrations during the Jubilee Weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing this.

Doesn't Trooping the Colour occur in June as well? That'll involve another carriage ride, at least for the Queen and Prince Phillip since this also celebrates her birthday.

Last edited:
Baroness of Books said:
Doesn't Trooping the Colour occur this month as well? That'll involve another carriage ride as well, at least for the Queen and Prince Phillip.

It occurs in June.

Yes, I had meant June and corrected my original post; thanks.

Last edited:
Trooping the Colour

Trooping the Colour is on 16th June

Last edited:
KittyAtlanta said:
This seems to have turned into a vent regarding the validity of the Church of England. For those who are not religious, so be it. No need to grind on and on. For those of us who are religious, same thing. I find it amusing that non-religious people celebrate Christmas with such gusto. Easter is the most important observance in Christendom.

I'm finished with this "discussion."

Perhaps it should be, and to those who are actually religious and not just talking heads it probably is. For example those who practice Lent. I admit that Easter has only been associated with eggs and a bunny for me, but that is definitely not the reason for the season. People who are more religious than me but still a bit lazy about it always say "you go to church at least twice, Easter Sunday and Christmas".
I also recall reading that for Russian Orthodox Christians Easter is the bigger Holiday.

In my family, Easter has always been a time to remembrance of our dead, for some reason (the rising up out of the grave imagery was very important, growing up). Flowers are laid and it's rather somber.

It's William and Kate's first Easter together, is it not? Both of them have families, and they need to combine their traditions - the fact that his family is Royal notwithstanding. It seems to me that as a serviceman, he's doing his duty for his nation in several ways and that as a new husband, he and his wife need to work out what they wish to do with their holidays.

It's William and Kate's first Easter together, is it not? .

Depends what you class as "together". It is their first Easter as a married couple, but most definitely not their first Easter together.

Since when is Easter one of the holiday's that a couple has to spend together? It's one of the most important Christian holiday's but is it known as a day that couples celebrate together? Just go to church and focus on the Lord.

I know plenty of people, my own family included (those who live in the counrty) who spend Easter with our loved ones. Because some may not find it necessary to do so, does not suggest that those who do are in some way mistaken by it's meaning.

Does not Christianity, for the most part, preach love and togetherness? Coming together to observe what has been taught in the company of those we hold dear and in whose presence we feel connected and supported. For many people that would mean them and their partner.

It would make perfect sense that William and Catherine should wish to spend Easter together. Though I'm sure they will attend church with the family.

Last edited:
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if William would like to take Kate off on a romantic interlude somewhere after their time apart and missing Valentine's Day, but a ski trip to an expensive Swiss resort might raise some eyebrows. But, then again, who knows?

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if William would like to take Kate off on a romantic interlude somewhere after their time apart and missing Valentine's Day, but a ski trip to an expensive Swiss resort might raise some eyebrows. But, then again, who knows?

The Ski season is on closing, because the sun is already so strong that those slopes who are in the sunshine are not longer pleasant to ski in the afternoon because the snow gets very sluicy then. And William had been to the Falklands where there was still summer... So on this wonderful warm British weekend, I would take Catherine to the house Charles owns on the Scillies and take her sailing there...

It's nice that they get to spend some time together, but the couple have only gone through what all military families go through on a more regular basis and even worse when they are sent to the front line.

Oh here we go again.
We are very much aware this is a normal situation for military families, and when the spouse returns they usually like to spend time together.

I think it would be nice if they could get away for a bit. If its true that he is taking her on a mini holiday I say have a wonderful time.They deserve to spend some time away in private.

Just a quick comment on the Easter debate - last year Easter was right before the wedding. It was reported at the time that Will & Kate attended a service in Buckleberry and then went to the Middletons. Charles & Camilla were up in Scotland for Easter. The Queen & DOE were at Windsor with Edward & Sophie.

I think that is what we will see this year if William is not on duty in Wales. Kinda of a balance with Christmas that Will & Kate has to go to Sandringham so they spend Easter with Kate's family.

I don't think going on a luxury ski break was a brilliant idea, particularly given that they were in Mustique not that long ago. A week in Scotland would've been much more appropriate. Charles hasn't taken a ski holiday in a good few years partly because in the UK, generally, only the well off go on skiing holidays and given the economic environment it's just not good PR.

Having said all that one of my best friends is off on her 2nd cruise so far this year with her boyfriend. No kids means it's easy for them to head off on a regular basis.

It's nice that they get to spend some time together, but the couple have only gone through what all military families go through on a more regular basis and even worse when they are sent to the front line.

It doesn't matter if lots of other couples go through it. Any newly married couple who are kept apart for 6-7 weeks will really feel the absence. They have as much right as any other couple to miss each other and to take a few days to get reacquainted.

Why are we talking like them going on holiday is a fact when the person who original wrote this (Richard Palmer) said it was speculation. While Paul Harrison and Niraj Tanna are doubting this speculation

I. Charles hasn't taken a ski holiday in a good few years partly because in the UK, generally, only the well off go on skiing holidays and given the economic environment it's just not good PR.

I believe another reason is that Camilla does not like the cold and as Charles is getting older, he, too might prefer the equally cosy fireplaces in Scotland and taking walks there (I think we saw Charles and Camilla skiing there, too).

For the record these are Richard's exact words
https://twitter.com/#!/RoyalReporter
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter @sofia09870 @Mariebeth21 I'm speculating, clearly. I know of a couple of people who've been told they'll be in Mustique at the same time.

Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter @sofia09870 @Mariebeth21 Mustique date, if that info is correct, is next month. Alternatively, Kate was spotted in a ski shop. Speculation.
Plus Kate was spotted on the weekend so clearly they haven't left yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom