Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events Thread 2: December 2011-April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A particular comment on that article sums up my feelings perfectly (and from a fellow Angeleno too)

India Andrews said:
Good Lord William and Catherine! It's just the name of your dog! If you want to be that private, why don't you step down, avoid celebrity filled galas with a lot of photographers, avoid places like Boujis that also have a lot of photographers, and stay in the wilds of England where you can be private individuals. The Queen is very private and even she lets the public know the names of her dogs. This is taking privacy to a silly place.

Read more: Kate Middleton and Prince William adopt pet Cocker Spaniel but name remains a mystery | Mail Online

:previous: It could well be that they don't want someone calling their dog and stealing it. We don't have a right to know everything. Kate and William don't even own their lives. They belong to the country, and their children will belong to the country. They'll spend the rest of their lives being gawked at and judged. If they want to keep the odd secret or two, it's okay with me.

Maybe Angelinos are just more used to "celebrities" pouring their hearts out and tweeting about every little thing happening in their lives. The Queen does not issue press releases about her dogs names . We know a few names because others have told them or they have been written about in various bios of her. Somehow I think I can live without knowing the name of William and Catherines new puppy.

When was the last time that they went to a club?

A particular comment on that article sums up my feelings perfectly (and from a fellow Angeleno too)

Oh for cryin' out loud, we do NOT need to know every little detail about Kate and William. I for one can live the rest of my life without knowing the name of their dog.

Somehow I think I can live without knowing the name of William and Catherines new puppy.

Not to forget that some people surely would complain that while they keep quiet of their political opinions or something else that would show their "intellectual depth" they supply instead trivia like the name of their dog.... :whistling:

What they try is an approach to be present to the public with important information, not with trivia. >I personally like such an approach. Shall their private life be theirs!

I'm a big fan of happy news, so the news that they've got a puppy was welcome in my house. I don't think they have an obligation to tell us the name of the dog, though. Come to think of it, they didn't even tell us that they have a puppy. We found out through pictures taken with a long-range telescope. :whistling:

I can't help but to like the pic of Kate with her arm around William. They are such a private couple with their feelings that it's wonderful to see some tactile love. But I feel guilty because you know it was a private moment that was stolen from them and I want to respect their desire for privacy.

I don't think it's important for anyone to know the name of the couple's dog. Let some things, like their pets and family holidays remain private. We get enough details of their lives without that, and once they have children and start full time royal duties, it'll be even more so. They deserve to have something that is just theirs, and not the common knowledge of the general public.

nice pictures I like it :flowers:
gorgeous collection she look soo nice in all pictures I like her Black and White jacket :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duke of Cambridge arrives in the Falkland Islands, while the Duchess had a private meeting with addicts at the charity, Action on Addiction, of which she is a patron.

William looks determined as he arrives in the Falklands
The caption to the article in the Telegraph is inaccurate as the article is headed "Tensions increase as Duke arrives in Falklands". That could be because the Telegraph got it's hand smacked for misleading the public. The photo is an old publicity shot of him in a Sea King helicopter. I don't believe any photo's of his arrival would, if taken, be released at this time.

Releasing any such photos would definitely up the political ante and I don't think the BRF would approve of Prince William being "used" in such a way. I think it would be a brave Prime Minister that "annoyed" the Queen in such a way at any time let alone during her Diamond Jubilee Year and so close to the actual anniversary! I think she would find a way to ensure that he, and Parliament, would know that "We are not amused".

I would sympathize with the reporter more if this situation related to the current Heir Apparent. However, we're dealing with the Heir Presumptive, and there's no reason to have every single detail of his life on display at this time. He can put privacy before 'serving his people' at this time, because he's not anywhere near the throne. Plus, he serves his people pretty darn well as a search and rescue pilot and by supporting good causes. It should be enough for the time being. Knowing the name of his and his wife's dog is not 'serving the people', it's being a nosy busy body.

I don't understand why it is so important to know the dog's name.

But what pub pictures was she talking about?

regardez said:
I don't understand why it is so important to know the dog's name.

Agreed. I think of it this way, if everybody knew the dog's name, who's to say some sleazy paparrazi (or anyone for that matter) wouldn't purposely call the puppy over if it was let out, took the puppy and then say "I found your puppy" just to meet them, take pictures, or whatever. I mean, not the best example of a reason why we don't know the puppy's name (and this isn't William's first dog - a dog who's name was known but eludes me), but people be crazy, right?

Ah, a little diversionary tactic?? I'm sure those photos did the trick to focus attention on Will and Kate rather than Uncle Gary.

I don't know if I believe this story. Why has it taken so long to be released? Were there whispers of a potential plane accident involving an heir to the throne when it first happened?

I'd think if it was a major incident, it would have been reported immediately, not months after the fact. Media is trolling for news.

Last edited:
I just think it's a very slow day/week/month at DM, and they're trying to put anything with Catherine's name out there, even if it's insignificant. Very sad, in my opinion.

I agree that its sad. They dig for things when its slow because they know we who love the BRF will be more likely to read articles if they have something posted about them.

Pity that they need to write about Kate or Pippa's bum to get attention. I've seen at least 3 articles about her gray dress, of course nothing special, DM just wanted more comments and talking about them. Sad that no one noticed great success of Harry who was one of the best during last Apache training, of course Kate's dress is more important.

Pity that they need to write about Kate or Pippa's bum to get attention. I've seen at least 3 articles about her gray dress, of course nothing special, DM just wanted more comments and talking about them. Sad that no one noticed great success of Harry who was one of the best during last Apache training, of course Kate's dress is more important.

The more I've been thinking about it, the more I am getting impressed with how well the press has been made to "tow the line" as far as the young royals are concerned. They really don't have much to write about at all so trivial things that they do get, they make a big deal out of. William's aversion to the press is very well known and it is very clear that he's drawn the proverbial line in the sand as what will be tolerated by the press. Being royal, all three of them realize that they need a good working relationship with the press and vice versa, the press realizes they do not want to be in disfavor. There's a clear understanding I think that what is public can be pounced on whereas their private lives are to be their own. This is the reason I think that Pippamania has been created. :D

I think so, too, that the spotlight has focused more on Pippa since she's more available to the press because she doesn't have protection officers. The press is going into withdrawal because of lack of William and Kate sightings, so they're homing in on Pippa as the next best thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom