The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I read that the servicemen and their families that were invited to the premiere were William's regiments - RAF SAR, Household Cavalry, Irish Guards, RAF Coningsby, Navy Submariners & Scots Sailors.

I saw Warhorse this weekend,it was very good.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:30 AM
Nobility

That's nice that the Duchess of Cambridge took longer to talk to the military representatives. I heard that on her Canada tour she also took longer at the meet and greets. I'm sure it makes people feel like she really cares

Old 01-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Serene Highness

Catherine has a very caring spirit it seems. She tends to take her time talking to people and I like that about her. She makes people feel like they are important and not her schedule. Now I dont know how it will be in the future but right now I think its good that she take her time and let the people enjoy her presence.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:44 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Another photogallery from the premiere

Kate Middleton Photos - Will and Kate at the "War Horse" Premiere - Zimbio

"Hello" Queen of the red carpet: Long may she rain

"Pure People" Catherine, en dentelle sous la pluie avec le Prince William et Steven Spielberg
Old 01-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate Middleton: Duchess of Cambridge wins in the glamour stakes at War Horse premiere | Mail Online
Old 01-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Courtier

great pics Duke of Marmalade...thanks for posting...
Old 01-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Majesty

Spletnik -Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended the "War Horse" premiere
Old 01-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Video: Kate premiered with 600 soldiers
Billed-Bladet - Video: Kate til premiere med 600 soldater

Google Google Translate

Quote:
Kleenex for Kate as she sheds a tear at War Horse premiere (and director Steven Spielberg admits he cried too)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...cried-too.html
Old 01-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

There are reports on Twitter saying that Kate needed kleenex because she was crying during the movie! I'm not surprised I was moved to tears myself:) Wonder if William was moved by the film.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I had remarked before that I read the book and knew this would be a tearjerker, so I'll have to be equipped with a box of tissues myself. This wasn't just about the atrocities of warfare that affected only the soldiers, but also the horses used in the military.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Majesty

I also liked the fact that Catherine took her time to talk to the servicemen/women and their families. It shows that she cares about those that she meets. I noticed that she does this almost always (as the time allows of course) during walk-abouts. William I think tends to rush a little (maybe because he wants to get to everyone, or just wishes to be out of the spotlight a little quicker). I hope Catherine never loses that about herself. It adds such a warm touch.

As to the film, I'm hesitant about seeing it because I really won't want to sit in a movie theatre and bawl my eyes out. Would be a little awkward. However, I'm very interested in seeing the film, and knowing that I cry at a drop of a hat, I will be sure to have some kleenex ready nearby.

Now, some articles/videos that were posted on my twitter.

Video: Kate Middleton and Prince William attend War Horse premiere - Telegraph

Kate wept at War Horse, says Spielberg | Showbiz

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
As to the film, I'm hesitant about seeing it because I really won't want to sit in a movie theatre and bawl my eyes out. Would be a little awkward. However, I'm very interested in seeing the film, and knowing that I cry at a drop of a hat, I will be sure to have some kleenex ready nearby.
That's why I'll wait for the DVD at my library and watch it at home, if I do; I'd need the theater seat next to me for the amount of tissue boxes I'd have to bring!
Old 01-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Serene Highness

Members of the cast were invited....

...to the champagne reception at BP. Was Joey included?
Old 01-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

If the horse dies then there is no way I'm seeing this movie. Scratch that if "any" horse dies or gets shot then I'm not seeing it; animals that are hurt should be banned from the world.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
Its a movie not real life. In real life, in a real war, both men and animals die or are maimed.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Personally, I like the fact that Kate became emotional, it shows her human sensitivity, im.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Its a movie not real life. In real life, in a real war, both men and animals die or are maimed.
But the realism of the filmmaking, special effects, intense plot and so on that depict real events is what grabs at the gut. And Steven Spielberg excels at that, which makes me always susceptible.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I also liked the fact that Catherine took her time to talk to the servicemen/women and their families. It shows that she cares about those that she meets. I noticed that she does this almost always (as the time allows of course) during walk-abouts. William I think tends to rush a little (maybe because he wants to get to everyone, or just wishes to be out of the spotlight a little quicker). I hope Catherine never loses that about herself. It adds such a warm touch.
I am with you,whenever she talks to people it shows her warm,caring personality and it´s always great to be a good communicator when you are in a public role like her.Prince William has always seemed to be more introverted and didn´t talk to the press as much and as easy as other royals.It is just speculative but I believe it has a lot to do with the fact that he had seen his mother being "hunted" mercylessly by the paparazzi and so he is trying to talk to them only when it is necessary.Dorothy Rowe,a well-known psychologist and author assumes that a good relationship is formed of someone who is extroverted (outgoing) and an introvert (introspective)-they complement each other and build a succesful union!Just judging from what I have seen/read in the media,I believe William and Catherine show every sign of a happy couple and I wish that they will stay so for a long time

Btw,I also cannot see horses (or any animal) being harmed,they are so innocent and can´t run away or defend themselves like we can.I get very emotional when I see films that are sad and/or show a lot of violence,I also need a handy tissue when it gets very intense...
Old 01-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
I am with you,whenever she talks to people it shows her warm,caring personality and it´s always great to be a good communicator when you are in a public role like her.Prince William has always seemed to be more introverted and didn´t talk to the press as much and as easy as other royals.It is just speculative but I believe it has a lot to do with the fact that he had seen his mother being "hunted" mercylessly by the paparazzi and so he is trying to talk to them only when it is necessary.Dorothy Rowe,a well-known psychologist and author assumes that a good relationship is formed of someone who is extroverted (outgoing) and an introvert (introspective)-they complement each other and build a succesful union!Just judging from what I have seen/read in the media,I believe William and Catherine show every sign of a happy couple and I wish that they will stay so for a long time

Btw,I also cannot see horses (or any animal) being harmed,they are so innocent and can´t run away or defend themselves like we can.I get very emotional when I see films that are sad and/or show a lot of violence,I also need a handy tissue when it gets very intense...
I think your assumptions about William are correct. I remember reading biographies of him that were published in late '90s and early 200s, and what they all had in common was the statement of how much William detested the press. I can understand why he doesn't like them and why he would want to avoid them. I think he has struck the right balance though by talking to them just enough to keep them off his heels.

Catherine is definitely the extroverted one in the relationship. It's very obvious when she talks to the public (though William seems to really light up when he's talking to children). Their dynamic reminds me of a married couple of theatre actors; the wife is very extroverted and can handle the public (I'm sometimes baffled by how similar her and Catherine are when dealing with their admirers; their smiles light up the room), but her husband is very quiet, and almost content to walk in his wife's shadow. He's very mellow, while she's very animated (and that can be very intimidating to someone like me, who's very shy). I think that type of balance works in marriages between public figures. Both parties can be of help when it comes to working the crowd; there's the appeal to all types, shy and animated.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe she is a reserved extrovert because she doesn't seem like the obnoxious kind of extrovert like Miley Cyrus. She seems more to be the type of person who is comfortable with herself and in her own skin; either that or she is a great actress.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Closed Thread