Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events Thread 2: December 2011-April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

In the Centrepoint video, I LOVE how much Prince William reminds me of his mother, Diana. The way he rolls his eyes, or cracks a joke is JUST like her at times, IMO. Thanks for posting the video, I had seem pictures, but not the video from the engagement.

In the Centrepoint video, I LOVE how much Prince William reminds me of his mother, Diana. The way he rolls his eyes, or cracks a joke is JUST like her at times, IMO. Thanks for posting the video, I had seem pictures, but not the video from the engagement.

William has a great deal of his late mother's mannerisms. Their smiles are very similar (at times identical even), as well as their facial expressions at certain times. I think his open and easy manner is what attracts him to people. After all, it's what attracted them to his mother too.

Last edited:
I love the way William helps his wife in the Centerpoint video. At the beginning of this video, we can clearly see that while he is talking to the young girls, he uses discretly his arm to indicate to Kate that she has to lean forward. They are a nice couple!
And I agree with both of you: William reminds me a lot of his mother.

You know your right. William is like his mom alot in his mannerisms. I love the way he is protective of Catherine. He seems to always be there, somewhere around her. Very caring and loving young man. Thanks for those video clips.:flowers:

You know your right. William is like his mom alot in his mannerisms. I love the way he is protective of Catherine. He seems to always be there, somewhere around her. Very caring and loving young man. Thanks for those video clips.:flowers:

You're welcome. Glad you liked them. William certainly appears to be a very loving and caring husband. The subtlety of their interactions in public says a great deal. I really enjoy watching them.

Oh, I'm sure someone will lift this idea if they haven't already. After all, there are biographies, dolls, calendars and other material on this couple that are pretty popular. I'm sure soon there will be games, too.:)

The industry will stop at nothing to make a profit, and some people will stop at nothing to have everything that is available when it comes to certain public figures/movies, music groups/artists. The 'Where are Will and Kate' books would definitely be a riot.

There are dolls?! I want a doll! And I wonder what a game would be like; William has to slay the dragon and get Kate to the church. OR William and Kate have to make it fromliving together in "sin" (LoL) in Anglessey, to making it respectable in the eyes of the Lord. BTW my last idea was a joke and not a judgement on couples living together.

Last edited:
So it appears that the duchess has finally chosen her patronages. Unfortunately the article detailing the charities has been taken - there is an embargo on the information and a reporter accidentally published it too early.

So it appears that the duchess has finally chosen her patronages. Unfortunately the article detailing the charities has been taken - there is an embargo on the information and a reporter accidentally published it too early.

What article are you referring to?

Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi
There are dolls?! I want a doll! And I wonder what a game would be like; William has to slay the dragon and get Kate to the church. OR William and Kate have to make it fromliving together in "sin" (LoL) in Anglessey, to making it respectable in the eyes of the Lord. BTW my last idea was a joke and not a judgement on couples living together.

Well, you're certainly making a joke of my beliefs. Not appreciated.

What article are you referring to?

There was an article on Birmingham Mail detailing Kate's new charities, but it was quickly taken down. A few of the royal reporters on twitter are saying that there is an embargo in place, so they can't publish her charities yet.

Birmingham news, features, information and sport from the Birmingham Mail

RoyalReporter Richard Palmer

Rule 1 of modern journalism in the internet age: there's always an idiot journalist who, deliberately or accidentally, breaks the embargo.

44 minutes ago

Last edited:
That means they'll probably release the information in a day or two right? If it's already out to the press and they're just awaiting the embargo lift?

^Yep, they should be releasing the info soon.

You're welcome, muriel.

^Yeah, I got a chance to read some of it. Since there is an embargo, I don't think I'm allowed to name the specific charities, but there were 4 mentioned in the article.

ETA: Rosapru, was able to find part of the original article. It's posted in the 'General information on the Duchess' thread.

Last edited:

There are indeed dolls, but the majority are very creepy/scary-looking. One in particular has Catherine grinning like she's about to hack someone to death. But, there's a bride doll of Catherine which is really gorgeous, and I believe is manufactured by Ashton-Drake. Here's the link for you; http://www.ashtondrake.com/products...anner->p301652002&utm_term=royal wedding doll

Last edited:
lol ur funny daria...and imo that doll does look scary..why not stick with the plates,cup and mugs and leave the dolls alone

Im sorry but I dont get it. What council and why are they giving the public this information?

This boggles the mind to think that security plans are available for public scrutiny, no matter how well people are monitored who look at these plans. I doubt very much that there is a critical need for people to know everything, especially when it comes to the safety and security of public figures. And for what reason?

Last edited:
Seems to me it would public information if it was Council related. However, the Council needs to be sent to Coventry (or the Tower).

This boggles the mind to think that security plans are available for public scrutiny, no matter how well people are monitored who look at these plans. I doubt very much that there is a critical need for people to know everything, especially when it comes to the safety and security of public figures. And for what reason?

I agree. It's not something we need to know about, and there's no reason to have members of the public actually look at the plans. Heaven knows what psycho could get access and then use the information for some foul play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom