The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 03:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Before I head off to bed, here's a bigger picture of the magazine cover .
Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter
Quote:
HELLO! Magazine ‏ @hellomag Good morning and happy @hellomag day! This week we have world exclusive photos of William and Kate skiing..
If I've got this right they went on honeymoon in May came back June things began to start up July/August they were on tour came back spent a weekend in Balmoral in August I think and the rest of the year had appearances. They spent the rest of Christmas/ New year's with the Middletons. I think they spent about a week in the Carribean with the Middleton's around that same time. Wills was deployed in late January early February. Kate worked for 6 weeks doing solo engagement and getting to know her charities as well as spending time with Wills family. Wills came home in late March and they spent one week on the slopes. William goes back to work tomorrow I believe and they still have the Jubilee and Olympics to deal with plus their other normal engagements.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:02 AM
Administrator

Please note that off topic and speculative posts about a Cambridge pregnancy have (and will continue to be) deleted as off topic.

Let's stay on topic with the Cambridge current events.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Nobility

Duchess Kate: New Photos of William and Kate on the Slopes

I am always torn because I do not like their privacy invaded, but I do love seeing new pictures of them.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Yes, the Queen informed William that he had to wear the umake niform of the Colonel of the Irish Regiment for his wedding.
Well that decision makes me go because the uniform wasn't that great. Queen Grandmama needs to have a talkin to by the fashion police.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 04-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

So after the appearance at the Each hospice we were told it would be about a month before we'd see the Duchess again(no word on whether she'd be with the Duke on her next appearance) Some talk about it this morning
Quote:
A Petite Princess ‏ @PetiteHRH @MaxFosterCNN @RoyalReporter @victoriaarbiter @SPerryPeoplemag do we have any idea when the next OFFICIAL outing for Catherine will be?

A Petite Princess ‏ @PetiteHRH
@MaxFosterCNN @RoyalReporter @victoriaarbiter @SPerryPeoplemag I know we thought after the speech at @EACH_hospices it wld be about a month.

Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter
@PetiteHRH @MaxFosterCNN @victoriaarbiter @SPerryPeoplemag @EACH_hospices Yes, that's what we were told that day.

A Petite Princess ‏ @PetiteHRH @RoyalReporter @MaxFosterCNN @victoriaarbiter @SPerryPeoplemag so does that mean there IS something mid April or just be ready for more then
I'd expect based on what I've heard and what we've been told to expect something mid April.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for all these updates and the photos, ghost night! Like another poster said, it may be intrusive but it's nice to see Wills and Kate.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Majesty

They obviously had a lovely time on their skiing holiday. Like some, I'm torn between liking the pictures and feeling like an intruder for clicking on them. This was their private time after all.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Gentry

William wore the uniform of the Irish Guards since it is the dress uniform for the highest rank that he holds, no matter what the color happened to be.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:02 PM

Is there a chance someone could related to HRH Kate Middleton and NOT know it??.

Hi my family originates from England. For many many generations, my family line has carried the name Middleton. My father like HRH Catherine Middletons share the same name, Michael and our grandfathers too share Peter Middleton... I liveso far now and have list contact with my famiy so there is no one i can ask.....
And in my family there is a rumor that has been passed thought the generations that there was infidelity between one of my forefathers and their Master. Now master of royalty I am not sure but, no documents were found yet. I don't think they would document affairs with pride... how would I find out????

Pleas help extremely frustrated lost and possible forgotten Middleton.....
Old 04-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness

Welcome to the Boards SMiddleton!!

First off, to try and make sure you aren't attacked for what's in your post by some around here...

"HRH Catherine Middleton" is not her name nor her title. When she said "I do!!" almost a year ago, Catherine Middleton ceased to exist. She became on that day HRH Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge as well as two other titles. :o)

We usually refer to her around here as Kate or Catherine or by her title. :o)

I really hope this isn't coming across as nasty or snippy, as that really isn't my intent here, but just to let you know. There are some around here who are *very* "correct" around here and will be rather nasty, so trying to avoid that for you. :o)

Secondly...I can't help you w/your questions, but I hope someone around here can. Have you tried Ancestry.ca? It's amazing what you can find over there, as they're linked into most of the major Family History and Genelogy websites out there.

Good luck and welcome to TRF!! :o)
Old 04-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Welcome to the Boards SMiddleton!!

First off, to try and make sure you aren't attacked for what's in your post by some around here...

"HRH Catherine Middleton" is not her name nor her title. When she said "I do!!" almost a year ago, Catherine Middleton ceased to exist. She became on that day HRH Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge as well as two other titles. :o)
As we're putting things in correct perspective here, I'd like to point out that her title is not HRH Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge either. She is HRH The Duchess of Cambridge. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge would be her title should she divorce William.

I'd like to be the second to welcome you to TRF SMiddleton!! There's a lot of good people here that know such a wealth of information. I couldn't begin to recount all that I've learned in my years here.

Happy posting!!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Hi, SMiddleton, and welcome to the boards. Good luck with your research and hope you dig up the information you're looking for. It's not even a year for me here and I've learned so much from the Forums.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554

I'd expect based on what I've heard and what we've been told to expect something mid April.
Isn't HMs birthday is mid/late April?
Old 04-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Her birthday is April 21.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Heir Apparent

William and Kate are home! They're either at the gas station or airport I can't tell. The snapper only managed to shoot William though.
https://twitter.com/#!/Nash_Official/status/186507226763116544/photo/1
Old 04-03-2012, 05:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Skiing seems kind of boring for a holiday, has anyone been? It's too bad they can't jet off to Vegas. : ) :giggles:
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 04-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
William and Kate are reunited on the slopes
Prince William and Kate Middleton are reunited on the slopes - hellomagazine.com
Old 04-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

No frills Wills and Kate: Duke and Duchess fly easyJet to French Alps for skiing holiday
Quote:
They may be our future King and Queen but Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge proved they certainly don't have any airs and graces after flying home from their skiing trip on easyJet. Despite their vast wealth, the Royal couple chose to fly with the budget airline easyJet after a week-long skiing trip in the French Alps. Prince William, 29, and Kate, 30, flew from Geneva to Manchester last Sunday on the low-cost airline after a relaxing break on the slopes.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness

I think its wonderful that they were able to get away together after he got home. Although they were with Catherines family I think they managed to have their alone time I'm sure. As for the fact that they used a regular airline, I think they made a good decision. It shows they were aware what people would think if they used a private jet. Already people are criticizing them for even going on the ski trip. The fact that they even thought about what people would think and took that into consideration shows that they do want people to know they are not extravagant spenders.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

too funny. its like reminding people again how normal they are. no, we are not going on our numerous holidays via private jet but use a budget airline, just like joe bloggs, who happens to pay for this whole excercise this way or another. how thoughtful of us.