The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Exciting itinerary; 2012 will indeed be a year to remember with members of the Royal Family traveling worldwide on behalf of the Queen.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Nobility

Looking forward to seeing them in Singapore!! I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I read the news!!! I am so excited!!! Hopefully I will know their schedule in Singapore - the government here do not usually announce royal visit schedule out of security reason. I am all ready to take leave off work just to see them!!!

Old 12-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Majesty

A very considerate move on their part. Many people are struggling to find jobs and therefore, cannot go on a holiday of any sort (even those who are working cannot really afford to travel much). I like that William and Catherine are showing solidarity in this case.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are hit by downturn on the slopes - Telegraph

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Good call on their part; nice to know that they're sensitive to the public during these rough times.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Good call on their part; nice to know that they're sensitive to the public during these rough times.
I agree with this sentiment! Also, was glad to see that they will be visiting the homeless before their Christmas trip. I vividly remember Prince William spending the night out with the homeless in his young-adulthood/youth, and I thought, "Wow, this is a young man of character." I still feel the same way!
Old 12-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Royal Highness

Exactly,I believe they are both very considerate,sensitive & caring and they think about every step they take.I am glad they both support charity,visit underprivileged people and always act with so much dignity and class.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Alright new pics of the Duke and Duchess as well as Harry tomorrow at the Sun Military awards.I'm going to be doing some Christmas shopping tomorrow morning but see if I can make it back in time before it starts to keep you guys updated once the news and pics begin to pour in.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Alright new pics of the Duke and Duchess as well as Harry tomorrow at the Sun Military awards.I'm going to be doing some Christmas shopping tomorrow morning but see if I can make it back in time before it starts to keep you guys updated once the news and pics begin to pour in.
The event is today see here
Old 12-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
The event is today see here
I think perhaps it was still Sunday in ghost_night554's timezone when she originally posted.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Yeah it was, it was Sunday night when I first posted it^
Old 12-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Serene Highness

Well, I would certainly hope it wasn't Kate who looks "dapper"! But I do find the way William keeps his hands clasped together (in so many of the photos) a bit uptight looking - the gesture looks anxious to me. I hope he had a good time, though.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Please note that posts regarding the Cambridge appearance at the Sun's Military Awards with Prince Harry have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-31428-12.html .

Thanks!

Zonk

British Forums Moderator

Old 12-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
She looks lovely. I like the red coat
Old 12-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Majesty

Just a little glimpse into William and Catherine's Centerpoint UK visit later this evening.

Homeless girl serenades Wills and Kate and asks: When do you get to be normal? | News

Old 12-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Aristocracy

@Royal Reporter:

William and Kate have arrived at Centrepoint's Camberwell Foyer. She's in an olive green sweater dress.

Kate's in a Ralph Lauren wool dress and her trademark knee high black suede boots.

Some pictures - Getty Images

Poor Catherine seemed to not know what to do her hands, there definitely seemed to be a move to put her hands by her stomach and then a 'no can't do that!!'. It would drive me mad having to constantly think about what I put where!
Old 12-21-2011, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

That's how the rumor mill started with that gesture! She should carry a clutch so she could occupy her hands until she breaks that habit. It seems William's is to clasp his hands, and Kate's to have her hands hover at her abdomen.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Majesty

Some pictures and a blog entry about William and Catherine's visit to Centerpoint UK.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/136...849ABB4A149971

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/136...572133DFBE792F

Duchess Kate: The Cambridges bring Christmas spirit to homeless charity Centrepoint

I also noticed that William has a tendency to fiddle with his tie. I've seen him tug at it near the knot for years. His other trademark fiddling habit is touching his face. He did it a lot when he was a teen. I don't see him doing that as much now.

Now some pictures from the inside are coming through. They're a bit blurry, so I apologize.

https://twitter.com/#!/SkyNewsRoyal/...518657/photo/1

https://twitter.com/#!/SkyNewsRoyal/...787201/photo/1

I'll post more when they're made available.

An article from 'The Daily Mail'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...=feeds-newsxml

Old 12-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks so much for all the pictures and links, Daria. It's nice that the couple's final engagement before Christmas is visiting a charity so close to William's heart. They always seem so relaxed and engaging around young adults, and I hope their visit lifted some spirits during this holiday season.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Dang missed all the fun stupid time difference. But they look lovely. Thanks to everyone for pics and links

Some additional info/pics
Source: twitter
screencap of Kate inside
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw...t60lo1_500.jpg
Picture with one of the contestants of Centrepoint's got talent
https://twitter.com/#!/SkyNewsRoyal/status/149558218421583872/photo/1
Kate made a minced meat pie. They also made gingerbread biscuits
https://twitter.com/#!/SkyNewsRoyal/status/149551736854552576/photo/1

Quote:
SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison

#royal Clarence House: Kate wearing Ralph Lauren wool olive green dress
https://twitter.com/#!/JordonLee/sta...860672/photo/1
Old 12-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Majesty

You're welcome, Baroness . I'm in full agreement. This is a great engagement to have right before Christmas; I'm more than positive that they brought some cheer into these people's lives.

Article from 'The Sun'.

Prince William and Kate make Christmas visit to meet homeless young people in London | The Sun |News

Catherine and William with the performer from 'Centerpoint Got Talent'. What a wonderful memory for all involved.

https://twitter.com/#!/SkyNewsRoyal/...583872/photo/1

Catherine's engaging smile.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/136...5112AC8815AEE0

Closed Thread