Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events Thread 2: December 2011-April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Do you mean the documentary that was made in 1969? The Queen is said to regret that she allowed it. In this clip, Princess Anne says she thought it was a mistake:

That's the one, it was talked about in the last episode. But slightly off topic, my point was that that little comment from Philip kind of summed up the Lupo incident.

Last edited:
Just watching the Diamond Queen Ep3 and Prince Philip says in regards to a documentary made about the RF back in the 70s, "It's better to tell them than to let them speculate". Maybe Catherine and William took a leaf out of DofE's book? ;)

This is a very astute way to be, I think, especially when speculation and rumours get out of control.

Just watching the Diamond Queen Ep3 and Prince Philip says in regards to a documentary made about the RF back in the 70s, "It's better to tell them than to let them speculate". Maybe Catherine and William took a leaf out of DofE's book? ;)

In what respect would you like W&C to take a leaf out of the DoE's book?

muriel said:
In what respect would you like W&C to take a leaf out of the DoE's book?

If you read what I wrote, I never said they should take a leaf i suggested they may have. Philips comment about telling the press a piece of info rather than letting them speculate was perfect regarding the Ludo situation.

:previous:
Agreed. Right to self-determination is one of the undeniable human rights.
I find the T-shirts in really bad taste; PR of cheapest and cheesiest kind. I wish "stars" stayed away from politics. Sean Penn, for example, lost all respect from me. :bang:

I used to think like that, but celebrities don't forfeit their right to opinions when they become famous. Even though I don't agree with Wyclef Jean's opinions; I admire him for taking a concern in his country.

OH MY GOD! please people, I ask forgiveness on behalf of all Argentines who have common sense. thisis so horrible! william not born when was the war pf malvinas. this is ridiculous. please you don't think that all the argentines are equal.

Please there is no need to apologise. This idiot is British with no sense of history, fairness or justice. The only one who should apologise is Morrissy - such a stupid man

Don't worry, Corazon, people shouldn't judge others on one person's tasteless actions, so there's no need to feel any shame. Morrissey is British and the culprit here. And I'm sure in his mind publicity never hurts, and the more distasteful the better by involving innocent parties.

Last edited:
This is just sheer stupidity. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but for petes sake. There is a way to make your opinions known without making a total fool out of yourself. Obviously there are people in this world that don't know how to behave like intelligent human beings. I'm very disappointed and shocked to think that people would even involve William and Catherine in this. They had nothing to do with any of this dispute. The nerve.

Lumutqueen said:
So no longer a secret then?

That was my thought.... If this is supposed to be a surprise for william.... Sshhhh

That's Mandrake (Richard Eden) for you. Already in May 2011 he mentioned a conversation with the painter who had painted William and Harry. Then she said the same things he quotes here: how difficult it is to do justice to a beauty like Catherine.

It was IMHO very much a promotion article for the painter to do Catherine as well... And now we hear that the campaign was successful. Tst, tst, tst....

If this is true, Charles continues to climb my ladder of respect. This is how families should treat the members who marry into it, particularly for love. Also, it clearly shows that Charles has a lot of affection for his daughter-in-law, which we've heard several times in the past. And, this makes me love all of them a bit more.

I agree. So far, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, as well as every other member of the royal family, have done absolutely everything to make Kate feel at ease, so to speak. They have certainly welcomed her into family.

I believe all Charles wanted was for William to be happy in his marriage. That Catherine is a woman who enjoys a lot of Charles' leisure interests is something that adds fun to the fact that she is absolutely suitable and is William's beloved. I really got a bit sentimental when I heard that Harry refered to her as his "sister", for I have a liking for families who work just because the members work on it and succeed, even though they have a hard job etc.

I agree. So far, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, as well as every other member of the royal family, have done absolutely everything to make Kate feel at ease, so to speak. They have certainly welcomed her into family.

I agree. I think Catherine is very lucky to be surrounded by such caring and supportive in-laws. It's a sweet gesture on the part of the Prince of Wales to commission a portrait of his son's wife for the said son's thirtieth birthday.

I believe all Charles wanted was for William to be happy in his marriage. That Catherine is a woman who enjoys a lot of Charles' leisure interests is something that adds fun to the fact that she is absolutely suitable and is William's beloved. I really got a bit sentimental when I heard that Harry refered to her as his "sister", for I have a liking for families who work just because the members work on it and succeed, even though they have a hard job etc.

Well said. I think Catherine just fits in naturally.

I hope this article is true; what a lovely gift that would be and very thoughtful of Charles. It really indicates the depth of feeling he has for Kate and the warm relationship they have.

Kudo to Kate who earned the in-law respect and love

I am so happy how much Charles and everyone else has welcomed Kate into the family with open arms. I remember in the early days after the engagement I read an article that said how Charles referred to her as the daughter he always wished to have. I don't want to drag Diana into this but as well all remember back in 92 she openly revealed that Charles always longed for a daughter so I'm sure now that he has one he loves Catherine to bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom