Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice treat for George to attend this engagement with his parents - when he arrived he looked a little scared maybe of the crowds, noise and photographers.

with this being close to his birthday we might not get an official birthday picture now maybe the duke and duchess will see this appearance as enough. they do tend to spread out photographs/appearances by the children

Nice treat for George to attend this engagement with his parents - when he arrived he looked a little scared maybe of the crowds, noise and photographers.

with this being close to his birthday we might not get an official birthday picture now maybe the duke and duchess will see this appearance as enough. they do tend to spread out photographs/appearances by the children

If nothing else, we'll get a birthday pic taken by Kate! Never fear.

That was in london. It's mostly the public who takes a snap here and there and sell to magazines or post online. There is simply not the same market for pictures of the SRF as for the BRF. Two different beasts.

Thank you
Its wrong but its a different beast than grown men hiding in car truck, bushes or trying to lure the child into view

Also this is not Prince George first official engagements, he had one in New Zealand.
He shouldn't be having one, just b/c the Swedes do it doesn't mean everyone has to follow suit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George of Cambridge visits Airshow in Gloucestershire-
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
George's day out at the airshow-
https://amp.twimg.com/v/2372af99-c067-4a6d-8086-a686f6a96909

The noise got to him a bit, but he seemed to have enjoyed his engagement out with his parents. I know how it is. Train station noise used to be a nightmare for me as a kid.

Cadets salute their Honorary Air Commandant of the Air Cadets-
https://mobile.twitter.com/aircadets/status/751415418670243840

Last edited:
George looks to be enjoying himself. His parents stated several times that he's interested in airplanes and helicopters, so this event is right up George's alley, if you will. In terms of seeing more of George and his sister out and about, I have to agree that at this point in time, the two should be allowed to simply be children. They can be seen at official family events, such as Trooping the Colour and via occasional release of photographs by their parents. There's just no need to have them at a lot of engagements. Not all children are Estelle and that should be accepted.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

For a kid that loves airplanes, this event was the one that dreams are made of for George. It might have been a bit overwhelming at first but I thought it fitting that the last picture on the first page listed from Getty showed George taking off at a fast pace towards a helicopter. Things kind of warmed up from that point and the photos are excellent.

It truly was an event where not only the interest of a child was a big factor but also a treat for royal watchers having George appear with his parents on a official engagement.

Not only is there noise. There is a bunch of strangers. It's different from the balcony of BP for the fly past with his family. It's probably why he kept wanting to be picked up.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

On TV and from a distance, these aircraft also don't look so big, imposing and scary too. George quickly got the swing of things though as he actually got to go inside of the aircraft and get to pretend to be a pilot like Daddy. Reminds me of pictures taken years ago with a happy William and Harry in camouflage gear getting an inside view of aircraft. Its the kind of thing little boys dream of.

I love that the couple brought George along! And may i say that I kind of expected that? It was also a wise PR move imo.
The little boy looked adorable and very curious and interested in what he saw. When he wanted to be rushed on the arms of his mom, he made me smile broadly.

Nice to see the Cambridge's working. Loved all the pix of the family and George seemed to enjoy himself once the noise was taken care of. Kate looked to be having so much fun and loved to show off George.

George looks so much like William ...and then you can see a glimpse of Mike in his features.

Lovely day for him/them...lots of great pics. Great to see he's very close to his mother (and father)....lovely to see them all together for an event.

LaRae

Great that they took George! great event for him. :flowers:
to me, he looks like grandpa Charles.

Last edited:
to me, he looks like grandpa Charles.
He looks a bit his every male relative. Imo he resembles more Mike, much less Charles and almost nothing from William.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have made a special visit today (Friday, July 8) to the Air Tattoo to mark the 75th anniversary of the RAF Air Cadets.

The Duchess, who is Patron of the Air Cadet Organisation, was present as the airshow staged its official celebrations for the Air Cadets' 75th anniversary where they met just some of the 1,500-plus air cadets taking part in the airshow this weekend.

On arrival, the Duke and Duchess were presented to Air Chief Marshal Sir Andrew Pulford Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sir Kevin Leeson, Chairman RAFCT, General David Goldfein, Commander USAF and Dame Janet Trotter, Lord Lieutenant of Gloucestershire, before meeting 12 cadets, Air Cadet Commandant, Air Commodore Dawn McCafferty, and Air Cadet Ambassador, Honorary Group Captain Carol Vorderman.
Read more: Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises - News: Royal Visit Marks Cadets 75th Anniversary

I wasn't expecting to see George at the event today, so that was a nice surprise to come home to! I think he seemed a little scared by the noise and the large planes. But that's only natural for a young child, and he seemed to be rather excited about the helicopter, which was cute to see.

I think George looks like a mixture of Charles, William and Catherine. He's a very sweet little boy, and appears to be rather tall, too.

I have really enjoyed watching the videos. George's relationship with his parents is very sweet, lovely to see the way he reaches for his mummy!

He looks a bit his every male relative. Imo he resembles more Mike, much less Charles and almost nothing from William.

I think people see what they want to see. He has always resembled a blonde Michael and more Middleton than Windsor. I've heard people say Charlotte looks like Diana. :rolleyes:

Gorgeous photos especially the close ups. Of course he was a bit scared of the crowds and the noise but soon cheered up. I think George looks like a young William around the nose but has Mike Middleton's eyes. He probably loved it all, especially getting the stickers! It's not George's first public engagement though. As well as an appearance in New Zealand he went to the zoo in Sydney and saw the bilby.

He has Mike's face shape and eyes...the rest is very William to me.

LaRae

I think people see what they want to see. He has always resembled a blonde Michael and more Middleton than Windsor. I've heard people say Charlotte looks like Diana. :rolleyes:

I always hear how Charlotte looks like Her Majesty although IMO she looks a lot like Catherine's mother, Carol. But I prefer to wait until Charlotte's second birthday to decide what is my opinion.

William even in toddlerhood had a thin long face when his son has it more wide and rounded. And it doesn't resemble Charles's face too (maybe for the better) But Charles's ears are bit like his grandchild's)))

Last edited:
I've thought for awhile Charlotte looks like Carole...that may change but right now she looks like George and Carole.

LaRae

I've thought for awhile Charlotte looks like Carole...that may change but right now she looks like George and Carole.
Features may change but not too radically. The genes are set. Her basic face structure and shape are already done. Nose shape is unknown yet and chin is still undefined. But head shape and eyes will not change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom