The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 10:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge delighted waiting crowds when they found the time to stop to say hello and shake hands with members of the public during an official visit in Scotland to raise awareness about mental health issues. William and Kate were attending The Scottish Mental Health Arts and Film Festival in Dundee when they were greeted by cheering crowds outside the Dundee Rep theatre-

Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-23-2015, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William told drugs workers in Dundee how he has helped rescue the victims of legal highs in his role as an air ambulance pilot.

The Earl of Strathearn discussed the scourge of the so-called legal highs with members of the Body Matters team on a visit to The Corner.

Addiction lead youth worker Alain Saum told the Earl and Countess that she now does outreach work at all nine of the city’s high schools because the problem is so widespread.
Red more: Prince William reveals his role in saving legal highs victims on Dundee visit - Evening Telegraph

Old 10-23-2015, 01:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
Prince William and Kate visit Dundee Rep-

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...e=3&uploaded=9

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-23-2015, 01:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Captain Scott's tall ship 'The Discovery' - which was built in Dundee and now has pride of place at Discovery Point in the heart of the city.

Home - ITNSource News
Old 10-23-2015, 03:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate Middleton takes the wheel as she and Prince William board famous Dundee ship* | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-23-2015, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

It's so nice seeing them together...their body language is wonderful between each other!

LaRae
Old 10-23-2015, 07:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It's so nice seeing them together...their body language is wonderful between each other!

LaRae
Me too. They're so natural with one another.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just what is a legal high? Could one of our UK Members explain please?

Great to see them out and about again and shining a light on such important issues.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post

Great to see them out and about again and shining a light on such important issues.

I'm not a UK member but I would guess it's similar to the U.S.- prescription pain killers or synthetic substitutes for other substances.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-23-2015, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I love this photo. I think one of the best things about the Duchess is that she's a gamer - she loves being tossed into the deep end of the pool and she will she will find a way out. Not that today was "the deep end of the pool, but this pic shows her love of adventure and things new or things prized by others.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5609573260.jpg

The photo of them glancing at/whispering to one another is dear, too.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Captain Scott's tall ship 'The Discovery' - which was built in Dundee and now has pride of place at Discovery Point in the heart of the city. .

Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-23-2015, 08:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post

Well here in NZ Legal High's are things such as synthetic cannabis, psychoactive drugs referred to as PartyPills, Herbal Highs, etc. none of which are prescription drugs.

The reason they call them legal high's is simply because they have yet to have been placed on the illegal list. Any and all can be mixed with alcohol and the results of these drugs are pretty wild. There is no control so last week's party pill could have had you partying all night and this week's could put you in ICU for the weekend.

Here they legislate against various component parts of drugs as fast as they can, but it's an uphill battle because they just seem to find another and another, etc. all of which are aimed at increasing the high that they get from just drinking booze or getting high without getting drunk. The fact they could fry their brain cells seems to escape them.

So that's why they are legal highs, because TPTB cannot keep up with the speed and variation of production and but they are trying. Only a couple of years ago legal high shops were making a killing because what they were selling was not illegal. We don't know if or when they will make a comeback.

How long before legal highs return? | Pundit
Old 10-23-2015, 09:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I'm not a UK member but I would guess it's similar to the U.S.- prescription pain killers or synthetic substitutes for other substances.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

This is what happens when I try to do three things at once...I have a Brain Cramp. I think it was the word legal that threw me. Thanks to those who answered. :)

Old 10-23-2015, 09:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

KATE and William took a romantic trip down memory lane this week as they enjoyed a rare night out together-
Kate and William go on rare romantic date on trip down memory lane in St Andrews | Royal | News | Daily Express

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-23-2015, 10:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Catherine is looking particularly beautiful these days (love her healthy mane of hair, really impressive) as well as relaxed in her duties. Nice to see. Motherhood agrees with her (and fatherhood with him). Life is good methinks.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:49 PM
Heir Apparent

His dad (and her parents) must be very happy to see them mesh so well.

LaRae
Old 10-25-2015, 06:23 AM
Heir Apparent

A lovely account from someone who met with William and Kate in Dundee

For Fox Sake... ♡ : Meeting the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate Middleton to discuss mental health.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:33 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What a great article and IMO, it amplifies just how interested and involved the Cambridges are when it comes to their passions and their charity work. You just can't paste a smile on and make small talk and get through a visit and in exchange, get these kind of reactions from the people who attend.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
This is yet another testament of how sincere, and genuine William, and Catherine are. Only professional,actors could fake something like this. They may not shout about their passions from the rooftops, but when it counts, they're all in. I guess because of stories like this I'll never be convinced that this couple doesn't like to take part in these types of engagements.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014

It is a good counter to the arm chair internet critics who are judging a person's character and heart from a photo and not from what people who actually interact with the person.

With W&K, It's almost always how they put people at ease and well informed they are about what they are discussing.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge