The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 08:57 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts re the England v Wales rugby match have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-38398-22.html thread.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will mark World Mental Health Day at an event hosted by @MindCharity @HarrowCollege on Sat 10 October #WMHD

Quote:
The Duke and Duchess will meet young people who have battled their own mental health problems and now volunteer with Mind in Harrow or the anti-stigma campaign Time to Change, to raise awareness about mental health with other young people.

Work to build awareness and understanding of mental health problems is a major priority for both The Duke and Duchess. The Duke recently took part in an anti-bullying workshop run by the Diana Awards charity, and The Duchess visited the Anna Freud Centre in London to continue her work on the mental health of children.
Read more: Royal visit to Mind on World Mental Health Day | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems

Mind in Harrow - Home

Old 10-01-2015, 09:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will mark World Mental Health Day at an event hosted by @MindCharity @HarrowCollege on Sat 10 October #WMHD

Read more: Royal visit to Mind on World Mental Health Day | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems

Mind in Harrow - Home
I'm so glad over how the trio seem to have mental health as one of their big focuses right now!!
Old 10-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I'm so glad over how the trio seem to have mental health as one of their big focuses right now!!
Yes they certainly have found a way to shed light on the issue.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

God bless them is all I can say. And thank you.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Mind in Harrow - Home
So glad that they're focusing on mental health. It's a very serious, and important issue which deserves all the attention it can get, because so many other issues stem from it. Well done!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William and Kate are making meaningful progress in their bid to remove the stigma of openly discussing mental health.

By their actions, and their visits, and often behind-the scenes work, the couple, along with Prince Harry, are starting to have an impact in getting more people to recognize the issue, experts believe.

On Saturday, which is also World Mental Health Day, the couple will pay a visit to leading British charity MIND.

"In many ways for us, it's a sign of how much progress has been made in terms of wider public awareness in how people are understanding mental health," Paul Farmer, chief executive of MIND, tells PEOPLE.
Read more: Prince William and Princess Kate to Step Out to Fight Mental Health Stigma : People.com

Time to Change @TimetoChange
Follow #wmhd15 tomorrow for highlights on the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge's visit discussing mental health & stigma:

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to meet young Time to Change Champions on World Mental Health Day | Time To Change
Old 10-09-2015, 06:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Read more: Prince William and Princess Kate to Step Out to Fight Mental Health Stigma : People.com

Time to Change @TimetoChange
Follow #wmhd15 tomorrow for highlights on the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge's visit discussing mental health & stigma:

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to meet young Time to Change Champions on World Mental Health Day | Time To Change
For some reason I thought this was next Thursday, but I'm glad it's tomorrow, when I don't have work. Looking forward to this engagement.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have marked World Mental Health Day by meeting young people who have battled the issue.

They visited Harrow College in north west London to speak with volunteers at the charity Mind, and the anti-stigma campaign Time to Change, after having dealt with their own mental health problems.

It coincides with World Mental Health Day today - a day when awareness is raised around the world about the issue.
Read more: Caring Kate and William join youngsters who have battled psychological illness to mark World Mental Health Day*at Harrow College | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-10-2015, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Good to see that the visit included opportunities for them to participate in group discussions and that they could also meet with the students, volunteers, and parents individually.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are marking World Mental Health Day at Harrow College, Middlesex.

They are meeting young people who have had mental health problems and now volunteer to raise awareness among other young people.
Video: Royal couple mark World Mental Health Day - BBC News
Old 10-10-2015, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

I love these pictures. I love this couple. They are so.... Don't know the word!
Old 10-10-2015, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I think they are very real...and it comes across.

LaRae
Old 10-10-2015, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were visibly moved on Saturday after hearing the traumatic stories of young people battling with depression.

In a visit to mark World Mental Health Day Prince William and his wife were told by youngsters how they had battled back from depression to help others cope with the same problems.
More: Video: Prince William and Catherine hear young people's stories of struggling with depression - Telegraph
Old 10-10-2015, 03:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I love these pictures. I love this couple. They are so.... Don't know the word!
You and me both. But no words are needed when it comes to this couple. Their actions, and the photographs/videos speak for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think they are very real...and it comes across.

LaRae
Absolutely. They always appear genuine, but it comes across even more prominently when they're interacting with members of the general public. I think they're very aware of where they're needed, and they make sure to help as much as they can. Being so willing to meet with people from all walks of life, and with some very sensitive issues that are generally not talked about takes a lot of heart, and William and Catherine appear to have very, very big hearts. They're not afraid to show emotion, or to share themselves itch those who,are,in need of a listening ear, and a little bit of kindness. People forget that to people who are in pain, a few minutes of someone showing that s/he cares goes a long way.

Bless them. That's all I can say.

Old 10-10-2015, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge mark World Mental Health Day in Harrow

Old 10-10-2015, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

That one girl's school wouldn't let her come back because they were scared her Bi Polar was contagious!?!

My Good Lord...That right there proves just how important William and Kate taking Mental Health on as one of their causes is so very important.

Just...That's going to be staying w/me for quite awhile. :(

Old 10-10-2015, 07:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
That one girl's school wouldn't let her come back because they were scared her Bi Polar was contagious!?!

My Good Lord...That right there proves just how important William and Kate taking Mental Health on as one of their causes is so very important.

I agree! So insane!! I mean... those pepole are supposed to be teaching people things but it sounds like they need to be taught a lesson or two!
Old 10-10-2015, 08:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post

I agree; ignorance like that is the reason so many people with mental illness feel ashamed, and isolated. William and Catherine are doing a great deal of good by raising awareness. Knowledge is power.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
William and Kate visited Harrow College, London, in support of mental health issues on World Mental Health Day. They met young people who have overcome their own personal experiences as well as volunteers-

Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge