Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014 - September 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was expected since it will be certainly Kate's last official engagement!

James Brookes @james_elliott_ · 50m 50 minutes ago
New engagement for #DuchessOfCambridge: She'll present sprigs of shamrocks to 1st Battalion Irish Guards at Mons Barracks on 17 March.

I am sooooo glad. This is a favorite for me. Kate and Wills and Dohmnall together on the 17th. Woof! And I love Kate in green. And Wills in his Irish Dress Uniform? And clumps of shamrocks and getting shoes caught in drain grates and.... I will shut up now.

James Brookes @james_elliott_ · 50m 50 minutes ago
New engagement for #DuchessOfCambridge: She'll present sprigs of shamrocks to 1st Battalion Irish Guards at Mons Barracks on 17 March.
YES!! I was hoping, but it wasn't a sure thing. I love that she will be able to do it. :)

This is good news and then afterwards it will be the final countdown to the birth!

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 3h 3 hours ago
William and Kate join the Irish Guards at Mons Barracks for traditional St Patrick's Day celebrations tomorrow. Kate will hand out shamrocks

RKD @RoyalKateDebate · 2m 2 minutes ago
Reminder: Kate and William are in Aldershot for the annual St Patrick's Day engagement tomorrow. Usually starts at 11ish

Last edited:
I am sooooo glad. This is a favorite for me. Kate and Wills and Dohmnall together on the 17th. Woof! And I love Kate in green. And Wills in his Irish Dress Uniform? And clumps of shamrocks and getting shoes caught in drain grates and.... I will shut up now.

And Irish Wolfhound Mascot trying to lick Kate's face while she's attaching the shamrocks to his collar. :D. Wonder if he'll try again tomorrow? :D

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

First photos of the Irish Guards St Patrick's Day event, from the Twitters of Kensington Palace and Richard Palmer:

One ** Two ** Three

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 28m28 minutes ago
Kate's wearing a brown Catherine Walker coat and hat by Lock & Co.

Duchess of Cambridge presents shamrocks to Irish Guard soldiers to mark St Patrick's Day | Royal | News | Daily Express
THE Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were guests of honour at the annual Irish Guards' St Patrick's Day parade in Aldershot today.

Prince William, 32, was there as Colonel of the regiment and Kate, 33, wearing a gold shamrock brooch given to the Queen Mother by the Irish Guards, presented the traditional sprigs of shamrocks to officers, guardsmen, and the regimental mascot, Domhnall, a three-year-old Irish wolfhound.

In a Catherine Walker coat and Lock & Co hat, the Duchess was following a century-old tradition inaugurated in 1901 by Edward VII's wife, Queen Alexandra, of a senior female member of the Royal Family presenting the shamrock.

For many years the Queen Mother carried out the duty.

Princess on parade! Pregnant Duchess of Cambridge presents the Irish Guards with their traditional St. Patrick's Day shamrocks | Daily Mail Online
After spending last week meeting artists in Margate and the cast of Downton Abbey in London, the Duchess of Cambridge was back on military duty today as she joined Prince William for the traditional St. Patrick's Day visit to the Irish Guards.

Kate, 33, is eight months pregnant but showed no signs of fatigue as she arrived looking every inch the yummy mummy in a brown coat by Catherine Walker, a hat by the Duchess of Cornwall's favourite milliner, Lock & Co and brown suede shoes by Emmy London.

Once inside the Guards' Mons Barracks in the Hampshire town of Aldershot, the Duchess, who was also wearing a gold Irish Guards Brooch that once belonged to the Queen Mother, sat smiling as she watched 200 men from the battalion put through their paces on the Parade Square.

Last edited:
Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has presented officers and guardsmen from the 1st Battalion Irish Guards with sprigs of shamrock today, in a traditional ceremony marking St Patrick’s Day. Accompanied by her husband Prince William, Her Royal Highness also met the regiment’s Irish wolfhound mascot ‘Domhnall’, before posing for a formal photograph at Mons Barracks in Aldershot-

Home - ITNSource News

A dog with a Twitter account??:lol:
What would Siegfried Farnon say? :lol:
As always, loved the Duchess with kids. :wub:

Siegfried would complain that there are too many pets and then go out and adopt one himself. :p

Siegfried would complain that there are too many pets and then go out and adopt one himself. :p

And he would also add that dogs were not to be spoilt either, all while engaging the hound in some sort of interaction. Those scenes in the show never failed to make me laugh.

As to the engagement itself, I'm always happy to see this couple among the people. They have so much charisma.

And he would also add that dogs were not to be spoilt either, all while engaging the hound in some sort of interaction. Those scenes in the show never failed to make me laugh.

As to the engagement itself, I'm always happy to see this couple among the people. They have so much charisma.

Exactly right both of you. I loved those scenes in the show too. :lol: Love him.:lol::D
As to the Royals Daria- you and me both!

Roseroyal-Watching "All Creatures Great and Small" was the only time my parents permitted us to watch television during dinner on Sunday evenings. We loved those episodes.

Roseroyal-Watching "All Creatures Great and Small" was the only time my parents permitted us to watch television during dinner on Sunday evenings. We loved those episodes.

Your parents had great taste. ;):D

I now have the show's theme music running through my head.

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 3 mins3 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge is not done just yet. She and William have three engagements in south London on 27 March!

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4 mins4 minutes ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit the Stephen Lawrence Centre in Deptford, XLP in Gipsy Hill, and the XLP studio in Sydenham.

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 2 mins2 minutes ago
On 27 Mar The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will undertake 3 engagements supporting development opportunities for young people in South London

Last edited:
Looking forward to it! The COW and probably Robert Hardy one day- Duke and Duchess the next! Yay!
I see 2 engagements. What's the 3rd one?

Looking forward to it! The COW and probably Robert Hardy one day- Duke and Duchess the next! Yay!
I see 2 engagements. What's the 3rd one?

Took me a few reads:

Stephen Lawrence Centre in Deptford,
XLP in Gipsy Hill,
and the XLP studio in Sydenham

Thank you! I couldn't figure it out even after a few reads!

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 3 mins3 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge is not done just yet. She and William have three engagements in south London on 27 March!

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4 mins4 minutes ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit the Stephen Lawrence Centre in Deptford, XLP in Gipsy Hill, and the XLP studio in Sydenham.

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 2 mins2 minutes ago
On 27 Mar The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will undertake 3 engagements supporting development opportunities for young people in South London

Great to see the calendar continuing to be populated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom