Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: March-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume that the Queen issued her invitations to this event some time ago.... at least several months, if not closer to a year.

William was on active duty until recently. So he may not have been available when the Queen was preparing her guest list.

Has anyone noticed how Charles and even the Queen seem to protect or accept the limited public roles of William and Catherine.
Their wedding was far more family and friends oriented than any state event, baptism was small and limited. also, either have been tossed into a hectic schedule of multiple appearances like Charles, Anne or Diana.

I would assume that the Queen issued her invitations to this event some time ago.... at least several months, if not closer to a year.

William was on active duty until recently. So he may not have been available when the Queen was preparing her guest list.

Has anyone noticed how Charles and even the Queen seem to protect or accept the limited public roles of William and Catherine.
Their wedding was far more family and friends oriented than any state event, baptism was small and limited. also, either have been tossed into a hectic schedule of multiple appearances like Charles, Anne or Diana.

A lot of this is because William is second in line and the third Generation. it has been a long time since a monarch has been alive with a grandchild (direct in line of succession) over 18. If William was Heir I am sure it would have been a much larger wedding and it would have been a state wedding like Charles but it wasn't because he not the heir.

And Christening has always usually been (even before Queen Elizabeth times)'a private family affair with a few photos released.

At the same time, some babies won't go back to the breast after they're introduced to the bottle.

We don't know how George is feeding - be it breast, bottle, or both - and we don't really need to know. What's is that in the 21st century, it's not really accurate to say that any one way is "normal" and any other way is "abnormal." Some babies take to the breast, others take to the bottle. Some women are able to produce enough milk and don't need to supplement, others don't; some are completely comfortable with breast feeding, others aren't. It's not our place to judge them for the decisions they make regarding that, especially if the baby is clearly well fed (as George is).

Very true.

Halloween is in Three Days, I wonder if William and Catherine are going to dress Prince George up? And what his costume going to be? We will probably never know but it still fun to wonder. Is Halloween in the U.K same as in the U.S where kids go Trick or treating?

:flowers: Maybe W is taking this time to learn the ropes so to speak. He needs the guidance from his father on being the future PofW and all that goes with the duchy. I think there is a lot to learn and he can['t do it in one day or even a week. This is a good time for him to learn and I bet as time goes on, he will be out and about more in public view. I am of the firm belief that what the Queen says goes 100% and no one says otherwise. After all she has survived this long on the throne and nobody would dare cross her path, I know I would not that is for sure. Catherine oh how she loves her baby, those smiles and looks of love have her all wrapped up in baby love as it should be....and I bet this time next year she will be on her way to another baby. I sure hope so..........I want to see William very happy, he deserves it after all he has been through, his life is played on the stage for the whole world to see and he deserves that much.

What annoys me is that it appears to me that there isn't really a plan for what to do with the Cambridge's now William hasleft the military. I'm sure (i'd like to hope anyway) that a lot is going on behind the scenes but there seesm to me to a lack of cordination between each royal office. IMO it would have been been better if they announced William was leaving the RAF but look here he is at a state banquet (one not ever single one from now until he dies),here he is at the Remembrance festival (again once not every year). It would help show he is capable of beign King which, yes might be years away andhe have to get htrough Charles' reign first, but it shows he can. The investiture was a step in the right direction but I'd personally like to see more like it. They would both still have plenty of time to work behind the scenes (which I think is important - Sophie Wessex is known to have worked quietly withcharities for alon long time helping them with strategy etc and I appluad that) but William and Kate need to be seen to be doing something and showing the country that they could be king and queen.
This is not an attack on them, its a comment on a discussion, which is what I thought forums were for.

I think it might be a bit presumptuous for us to assume that there isn't a plan of what the Cambridge's will do. I am sure the plan is well thought through. William's leaving the armed forces was not a decision taken on a whim, and I am sure a plan was developed that covers, IMO the following:

a) focussing on further developing the charitable interests of the couple, and expanding the scope of their involvement with their existing charities and taking on new ones;

b) considering the workings of the Prince's Trust, and seeing how William and Catherine may want to involve themselves with it in the medium term;

c) getting a more in-depth understanding of the matters relating to the Duchy of Cornwall; and

d) gradually increasing the scope of their public duties in support of HM, though I suspect in the first instance their increased public roles would be related to the organisations they are associated with.

A lot of this work is behind the scenes, and as a result, it is quite likely that William will not be seen much in public, irrespective of how much work he may be engaged in.

As far as Catherine is concerned, she has a 3 month old child. Most UK employers allow maternity leave of up to a year, and increasingly, I see those that can afford to, take it. Catherine has already carried out some engagements and I suspect, in time, will increase her public activities.

I'm sure (i'd like to hope anyway) that a lot is going on behind the scenes but there seesm to me to a lack of cordination between each royal office.

What makes you think there is a lack of co-ordination between the royal offices? Have there been any conflicting messages delivered?

IMO it would have been been better if they announced William was leaving the RAF but look here he is at a state banquet (one not ever single one from now until he dies),here he is at the Remembrance festival (again once not every year).

I am not sure that achieves very much other than exposing them to criticism for when they do not attend a Festival of Remembrance or State Banquet in the future.

It would help show he is capable of beign King which, yes might be years away andhe have to get htrough Charles' reign first, but it shows he can. The investiture was a step in the right direction but I'd personally like to see more like it. They would both still have plenty of time to work behind the scenes (which I think is important - Sophie Wessex is known to have worked quietly withcharities for alon long time helping them with strategy etc and I appluad that) but William and Kate need to be seen to be doing something and showing the country that they could be king and queen.
This is not an attack on them, its a comment on a discussion, which is what I thought forums were for.

They do not need to do anything to prove they are capable of being King and Queen. The role, when they succeed, and I suspect they are 15-20 years away from it, just requires them to continue to follow what HM and Charles will have dutifully done in their times.

Halloween is in Three Days, I wonder if William and Catherine are going to dress Prince George up? And what his costume going to be? We will probably never know but it still fun to wonder. Is Halloween in the U.K same as in the U.S where kids go Trick or treating?

Off-topic, but most children in the UK usually go trick or treating nowadays, and some have Halloween themed sleepovers and parties (or at least in my area, I'm not sure about the rest of the country but I would imagine it's the same). I used to have them when I was younger.

Last edited:
Wouldn't he make the cutest chipmunk!! Or a little mouse.. Those cheeks! Oh how I would love to see him dressed up. :ROFLMAO:

Wouldn't he make the cutest chipmunk!! Or a little mouse.. Those cheeks! Oh how I would love to see him dressed up. :ROFLMAO:

Or as a little green frog and then go over to Grandpa Charles' house for trick or treat. :cool:

well partypieces do have some kids dressing-up kits and face paint ;-)

Last edited:
There are now 5-6 engagements for William and 2 for Catherine in the 1st 2 weeks of November. That seems like a plan to me.

This is in addition, of course, to the behind scene work that we will not see or be told about.

What are they? I lost count. Try to keep track, but need a calendar for those 2- do not want to miss 1

Or as a little green frog and then go over to Grandpa Charles' house for trick or treat. :cool:
Oh a little green frog would be perfect!! And I think that Camilla gave away all the sweets today to the horses! Wouldn't go over to their house, maybe great granny's house, bound to be some really great goodies over there. That is if the corgis didn't get to the first!

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 15m
Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will visit Only Connect head office Tues 19 November to see how the charity supports ex-offenders.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 17m
The couple will also visit Bounce Back + Handmade Alliance based in the same building before heading to an Only Connect dance perf.

I swear you always beat me to it Dman!

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 9m
That joint William and Kate visit to ex-offenders and crime prevention charity Only Connect on Vov 19 is in the Kings Cross area of London.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 11m
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit offices and projects of ex-offenders charity Only Connect on Nov 19.

I swear you always beat me to it Dman!

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 9m
That joint William and Kate visit to ex-offenders and crime prevention charity Only Connect on Vov 19 is in the Kings Cross area of London.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 11m
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit offices and projects of ex-offenders charity Only Connect on Nov 19.

Lol, I'm just always excited when we get a chance to see this couple.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 15m
Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will visit Only Connect head office Tues 19 November to see how the charity supports ex-offenders.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 17m
The couple will also visit Bounce Back + Handmade Alliance based in the same building before heading to an Only Connect dance perf.

Looking forward to this. You can never have too much Cambridge magic.:D

JB ‏@Royal_beans 50m
REMINDER: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will meet London Poppy Day supporters at Kensington Palace on Nov 7

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 43s
I'm at Kensington Palace, where William and Kate will be meeting campaigners aiming to raise £1m in London today for the British Legion.

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge surprised hundreds of commuters today as they joined poppy sellers at a London Tube station. The royal couple travelled on a 1960s Routemaster bus to High Street Kensington station where they met military personnel and volunteers supporting London Poppy Day. William and Kate were swamped by members of the public taking photographs as they walked along the high street to the station's entrance hall-
Home - ITNSource News

A brave show, but I'd like to see her "bloom" and "sparkle" back...

Huge changes for this couple. as William said today, it is nice to be based in one place but he is used to the new environment but its different for Catherine. she is now the mistress of a large property and it takes time to adjust to a new home on this scale. she has domestic help but she needs to get full time permanent help with George. she needs the "me" time all mothers need. So new baby, new home, more domestic responsibility, more staff responsibility, less domestic privacy and a husband who is missing his old job. Im exhausted thinking about it!

Something is off with her hair in the pics....not sure what it is.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom