Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: March-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ive tried to find the statement on theirwebsite, needle in haystack comes to mind.

ive tried to find the statement on theirwebsite, needle in haystack comes to mind.
don't think the official statement has been released to their site yet. I do trust CTV they so far have never lied when it comes to something like this plus other media outlets such as the globe and mail are reporting the same thing so I'm assuming it is true and will be officially released to the site very soon.

Article from the Globe and Mail http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ort-to-alberta-flood-victims/article12784135/
In a statement released Monday through the Canadian Secretary to The Queen, the Duke sent a message on behalf of himself and his bride, the former Kate Middleton.
“Catherine and I have been saddened to learn of the deaths and destruction caused by the unprecedented flooding throughout the Province of Alberta. Please pass on our best wishes to the Lieutenant-Governor and Premier of Alberta and to the brave emergency services and all those volunteering to help their neighbours during this on-going period of intense efforts. Please be assured of our continued thoughts and prayers for all those caught up in the flooding,” the statement says.

Stephen Harper ‏@pmharper 10m I would like to thank The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge for their prayers & kind words of support. http://ow.ly/mleFl #abflood

Last edited:
I know its happened. I actually put thisinfo on another thread. i found out via twitter. They have enough PR people to get this right. UK people need to know this stuff as well.

Ah ok cepe sorry must have missunderstood what you meant by it. You know sometimes things come off wrong(not how the person intended for it to be taken) when reading it online.

NP ghost. I know how tricky it can be. But its annoying that Clarence House hasnt put it up on the website or on their twitter. The website really is bad to navigate around.

I know I rarely use CH's site or twitter account for royal news. They always put things up last like 2-3 days after everybody already knows about it.

That must have been the end of May - although they dont say so specifically. It does say the week after Charles and Camilla had to make an emergency landing, so c. 27/28th May.

The Lupo update in this piece was great. Lupo is not helicopter averse - quite the contrary. Lupo is very well behaved. So, to get Lupo to get all wigglie, you don's say "walkies" or "ride in the car," you say "ride in the helicopter." :lol::ROFLMAO::lol:

Don't forget Lupo is also a seasoned train traveller. He has mastered cars, trains and helicopters next is boats:)

That must have been the end of May - although they dont say so specifically. It does say the week after Charles and Camilla had to make an emergency landing, so c. 27/28th May.

William was playing polo on 28th, so the trip was probably 27th

I love see lupo all the time with catherine and william. the dog is part of the family I love that

They can be happy it's summer and not winter.

Bloody vultures.

LaRae

They're not vultures- just reporters doing their job. Vultures are hoping to feast on the remains of creatures who have died. These reporters just want to report an important and happy event. They are not storming the delivery room, nor have they (yet) disguised themselves as hospital employees. They are just doing their employer's bidding, and the various means they are adopting to get a picture, or to get a hint of the story, seem reasonable under the circumstances.

Chances are good that they will wait for a number of days and still get no picture until the Cambridges leave the hospital.

I am willing to bet that there will also be ordinary 'fans' who will also gather at the hospital, which seems worse in a way, because it has nothing to do with their income, just idle curiosity.

They're not vultures- just reporters doing their job. Vultures are hoping to feast on the remains of creatures who have died. These reporters just want to report an important and happy event. They are not storming the delivery room, nor have they (yet) disguised themselves as hospital employees. They are just doing their employer's bidding, and the various means they are adopting to get a picture, or to get a hint of the story, seem reasonable under the circumstances.

Chances are good that they will wait for a number of days and still get no picture until the Cambridges leave the hospital.

I am willing to bet that there will also be ordinary 'fans' who will also gather at the hospital, which seems worse in a way, because it has nothing to do with their income, just idle curiosity.

Well said. In our own way we are doing what those reporters are doing by coming to the Forums. This thread especially has people going over every minute detail of the coming birth with extra thread for baby names etc. If interest wasn't high there wouldn't be the press attention, its the reality of
modern royalty and it's not going to change IMO.

I can imagine the hue and cry on these threads if the "vultures" didn't do their job.

:lol::lol:

They asked 1,000 and Catherine won by 9 votes. I can't stop laughing. Hardly a current event either. People are getting bored. Also - your link takes me to a page that says cannot be found.
Duchess of Cambridge tops poll as ‘favourite British Royal’

And the poll was done by a monarchy focused site. I'd love to see the stats, methodology on the poll. But of course - that's not shared.

One of their recent headline - Kate is doing great - protocol expert. Wow - that's breaking news

CBC News Network is reporting on their bottom line scroll that Will and Kate have sent a letter of condolence to the Town and People of Lac-Megantic, Quebec in the aftermath of the horrific train derailment on the weekend.

William playing polo today and tomorrow

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 8m
#PrinceWilliam is also playing polo today! His team is up against #PrinceHarry in aid of @TUSKTRUST and @Sentebale.

Tusk Trust ‏@TUSKTRUST 26m
Delighted that Prince William has somehow found time today to play polo today against his brother in aid of Tusk & Sentebale

Sunday:
Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 5m
@RoyalKateDebate apparently so. I believe tomorrow is in aid of WellChild, Centrepoint and Child Bereavement UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom