Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: March-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how can you interpret 0:3 secs into "Catherine looking lost".

I suppose if you are looking for an issue you will find it, but it seemed ok to me. Remember this is not a rehearsed event and he's never done it, and she did it on her own last year. Finding their way.

If that statement is directed toward me, I'm not looking for an issue, it's my perception - as is yours. And it was 0:32 seconds, not 0:3, well enough into the video to view this.

Last edited:
I don't think she looked lost at all. It appears as if she were laughing with the guardsman and then realizes that William and the other gentlemen are leaving.

Yeah, and Charles and Camilla I suppose but if we drift off topic we could be here all day. I just think all this freeloading is damaging and her family should try and keep a low profile.

How are the Middletons freeloading? They don't live off William or Kate. They've worked hard and made their own money. As for keeping a low profile, they do. You rarely hear about them. Pippa is the only one that is really in the media. And to be honest, I never understood the hoopla about her writing a book. It's no different than Tom Parker Bowles and the Queen's cousin..who both seem to get a pass.

I'm not impressed with Kate's uncle and feel he shouldn't have gone to the press to discuss Kate. But unfortunately she can't stop him from talking. Just like Diana couldn't stop her brother and Fergie couldn't stop her parents. Kate and the Middletons have no control over what Gary does and his actions shouldn't be a reflection on them.

Last edited:
how can you interpret 0:3 secs into "Catherine looking lost".

I suppose if you are looking for an issue you will find it, but it seemed ok to me. Remember this is not a rehearsed event and he's never done it, and she did it on her own last year. Finding their way.

I'm not looking for an issue. I was watching the video and in that moment I thought there was something wrong, I re-watched and noticed that for those few seconds she stands there alone, when everyone has already moved on. Of course, this is just for a few seconds.

I don't think she looked lost at all. It appears as if she were laughing with the guardsman and then realizes that William and the other gentlemen are leaving.
But that's the point. William and the other gentlemen have left and she didn't realize. The guardsman leaves and she's left there alone. She looks back and forth and notices she's there alone and eventually moves on too.
About her sharing a laugh with the guardsman: the awkward moment begins before. The 4 of them are laughing, Kate looks forth (to a distant place, it seems) and the 4 of them get serious. The 3 men move on and she stands, the guardsman looks back and she laughs again and only then moves on. It's just an awkward moment because everyone moves on and she stands there.

How are the Middletons freeloading? They don't live off William or Kate. They've worked hard and made their own money. As for keeping a low profile, they do. You rarely hear about them. Pippa is the only one that is really in the media. And to be honest, I never understood the hoopla about her writing a book. It's no different than Tom Parker Bowles and the Queen's cousin..who both seem to get a pass.

I'm not impressed with Kate's uncle and feel he shouldn't have gone to the press to discuss Kate. But unfortunately she can't stop him from talking. Just like Diana couldn't stop her brother and Fergie couldn't stop her parents. Kate and the Middletons have no control over what Gary does and his actions shouldn't be a reflection on them.
I completely agree. IMHO the Middletons receive most of their press due to the fact that they earned their own money instead of inheriting it from titled ancestors.

If that statement is directed toward me, I'm not looking for an issue, it's my perception - as is yours. And it was 0:32 seconds, not 0:3, well enough into the video to view this.

I thought it was a bit like an interpretive dance, the princess left all alone, abandoned, yet beautiful, her love lost while she searched for him in vain. I reached for a tissue, thinking all the while, it's not easy when you're pregnant and can't have pint on St. Paddy's Day.

Speaking of interpretive dance, what was with the while shoe in grate thing? Was it meant to symbolize her being pulled back down into the masses, who claw up through the grates and try and drag her from the celestial plane of royalty - but Will literally grabbed her and held on for dear life. I thought he would sweep her into his arms at some point. Oh, I was very moved indeed!

But that's the point. William and the other gentlemen have left and she didn't realize. The guardsman leaves and she's left there alone. She looks back and forth and notices she's there alone and eventually moves on too.
About her sharing a laugh with the guardsman: the awkward moment begins before. The 4 of them are laughing, Kate looks forth (to a distant place, it seems) and the 4 of them get serious. The 3 men move on and she stands, the guardsman looks back and she laughs again and only then moves on. It's just an awkward moment because everyone moves on and she stands there.

Just because she didn't realize that William was leaving, doesn't mean that she was unsure about what to do. It just means she wasn't paying attention. :lol: It's really not that serious. I'm sure every royal has had a moment like that.

I completely agree. IMHO the Middletons receive most of their press due to the fact that they earned their own money instead of inheriting it from titled ancestors.
Yep. That does seem to be the case.

Last edited:
I thought it was a bit like an interpretive dance, the princess left all alone, abandoned, yet beautiful, her love lost while she searched for him in vain. I reached for a tissue, thinking all the while, it's not easy when you're pregnant and can't have pint on St. Paddy's Day.

Speaking of interpretive dance, what was with the while shoe in grate thing? Was it meant to symbolize her being pulled back down into the masses, who claw up through the grates and try and drag her from the celestial plane of royalty - but Will literally grabbed her and held on for dear life. I thought he would ]

ROFLMAO, but I think you have watched An Officer and a Gentleman one too many times.

Another engagement tomorrow this time one of William's charities
Tuesday 19th March 2013

The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, and The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the offices of Child Bereavement UK, Saunderton, Buckinghamshire. Their Royal Highnesses will meet staff from the charity’s Bereavement Services and Training and Fundraising teams before they are introduced to bereaved families involved in the Children and Young People’s Service (CHYPS), the Young People’s Advisory Group (YPAG) and a Parents’ Support Group.

I know nothing about times I'm thinking it's too early to tell. I'll have a look later on. But I'm really excited for this one.

Why are people stuck ( pardon the pun ) on the fact that Catherine got her heel stuck? It happens. I know that I have done it. It just seems that now the media is going on and on about it. If she chooses to wear heels then it is bound to happen. As for her mom, is that not for a different thread? Just saying. I thought Catherine did a great job and she looked great, well, maybe a slight bit tired. Im just glad she did not fall.

I hope its on the morning, that way we will get pictures sooner!

Well, have the Cambridge's arrived yet?

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
There's a crowd outside the offices of the charity Child Bereavement UK, where the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are due shortly.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
It's a lovely sunny day here in Buckinghamshire, where. William and Kate face the daunting task of talking to bereaved parents and children.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived at the offices of Child Bereavement UK. Kate's wearing a coat by Goat and a Topshop dress.

The royal couple are chatting to well-wishers outside. Kate's been given a teddy bear for the baby.

I'm on rota inside so won't be tweeting until I've sent copy to others. Sorry.

First Picture:
http://williamcatherinecambridge.tumblr.com/post/45758389256

http://williamcatherinecambridge.tumblr.com/

SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison 7m
#royal #Kate meeting staff at @cbukhelp http://t.co/AYT8IqeBpJ

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsRoyal/status/314039339082452993/photo/1

Last edited:
OMG! catherine look every day more beautiful!

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #Kate tells Mary Berry she is "big fan of your cookbooks and cakes". Berry is an @cbukhelp patron pic.twitter.com/RJekSiXc9z

#royal Prince William tells Maey Berry "My wife is a big fan of yours and my stomach is a big fan of yours!" pic.twitter.com/cpL5tr7V7s

#royal Prince #William admits to Mary Berry that he "Luuuvs chocolate brownies", but says he could do with some cooking lessons

#royal #Kate shares earphones with young boy at @cbukhelp - but what were they listening to? pic.twitter.com/UJ6CXGV27J

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror
Kate asked the crowd if they had cold hands. William said: "I never get flowers any more, I just get cold hands."

Nice Video of William & Catherine playing with the kids:
http://twitter.yfrog.com/2ovbtfrrbijupwklbolbrrrmz

SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison 4m
#royal Prince William on bended knee - arise! (but only after he's popped all the bubble wrap - akidatheart!
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsRoyal/status/314057642374995968/photo/1

Nice Pictures of William Giving Catherine the Teddy Bear:
http://willkateroyals.tumblr.com/post/45762928291

Last edited:
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Pregnant Kate Middleton and Prince William visit Child Bereavement UK in Saunderton, Buckinghamshire | Mail Online

Very nice video of the crowds wishing the royal couple and baby well and William handing the teddy bear to Catherine.
I looked forward to this event, because I love to see Kate and Wills interact with kids, and as always, was not disappointed! Kate and Wills are treasures, and the pics are priceless gems!
Lovely mention of Diana as well.....

Last edited:
I personally LOVE Mary Berry. She has such a great name for a TV cook. If you were dreaming up the perfect granny, Mary Berry would be it.

Once again I'm too late on the Topshop dress, sold out in all sizes.

I personally LOVE Mary Berry. She has such a great name for a TV cook. If you were dreaming up the perfect granny, Mary Berry would be it.

Once again I'm too late on the Topshop dress, sold out in all sizes.

I to love Mary Berry and her and Paul on Great British Bake Off are such a good combo!
It's a topshop dress?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom