The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 07:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Aldershot News ‏@AldershotNews
Kate understood to be wearing outfit by Emilia Wickstead, William will be in the full ceremonials he wore at his wedding.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
And down comes the rain, as 200 men from the 1st Battalion Irish Guards line up on parade. Good job I brought my brolly.

Aldershot News ‏@AldershotNews
Doormen for royal car now in place in front of dais. Stay tuned.

Looks like they're 40 minutes+ late.

Duchess Kate Blog ‏@HRHDuchesskate
Kate's wearing the same Emilia Wickstead coat she wore to last years parade.

Kate's wearing the same green Emilia Wickstead coat dress she wore to this event last year.

That's this one folks - http://assets1.gcstatic.com/u/apps/a...989-view-1.jpg

William's in ceremonial No 1 uniform. We had thought he would be in his wedding tunic but not so.

That would be this one - http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7079/610xd.jpg

She has her hair up!!!
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...27025530746047

Old 03-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Courtier

Live on BBC News

Old 03-17-2013, 08:32 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Kate's had a bit of a mishap on parade here. She got one of her four inch heels caught in a grate and had to lean on William to get it out.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes
Awkard moment after the Shamrock presentation the Duchess of Cambridge caught her heel in a grate & had to hang on to Wills to pull it out.

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror
Kate still wearing stilettos despite being five and a half months pregnant, black three inch
Old 03-17-2013, 08:59 AM
Courtier

Here you can see this
Britains Catherine Duchess Of Cambridge Holds On To
Old 03-17-2013, 09:23 AM
Courtier

Thank you for the link Liv.

At least she did not fall, that would have been disastrous! I don't know how she does it, it can't be comfortable and it is certainly risky as today's event proves. Could she not wear smaller heels?
Old 03-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Courtier

Pics including Kate's heels moment

Rex Features - Photographic press agency and picture library

Search - Getty Images UK: duchess of cambridge
Old 03-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Hello: Pregnant Kate Middleton: Kate Middleton and Prince William attend the Irish Guard Parade - hellomagazine.com

Daily Mail: Calamity Kate! Pregnant Duchess of Cambridge get her high heel stuck in a grate and has to be helped by laughing Prince William

Belga Picture ** Getty Images: The Duchess Of Cambridge Attends the Irish Guards' St Patrick's Day Parade

Popsugar: Kate Middleton Goes Green For St. Patrick's Day

Pure People: Kate Middleton, enceinte, se sort souriante d'une situation très délicate

Zimbio: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William attend The Irish Guards St Patricks Day Parade in London
Old 03-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Live on BBC News
Saw that earlier,thanks for the heads up!
Old 03-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Courtier

I think lower heels are on the way!
Old 03-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for links. Wow her bump looks so much bigger with the green coat, she didn't look this much on the pink short coat. Perhaps its because of the green Emilia Wickstead coat cut.

I don't mind the heels, if she feels comfortable and safe, why not wear them? I would wear them until I felt uncomfortable, besides she's not that huge yet, so she doesn't feel any diference yet. But it could've happened with a smaller heel...but it was a cute momemt anyway!
Old 03-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Nobility

I agree. If she feels comfortable in heels, why not wear them? I think most women who wear heels know how to extricate them from a grate. Some find it irritating, some find it funny. At least Kate found it funny.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Courtier

According to Hello magazine Kate has an engagement with the Queen on Thursday - attending the anniversary of the Bakerloo underground line
Let's wait until there is a confirmation
Old 03-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully as Kate gets bigger, the heels will get lower. I remember Princess Mary got her heel caught in a crack and she managed to extricate herself while balancing on one leg. Now that's a pro!
Old 03-17-2013, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Good to see the Cambridge's on parade for St Patricks Day.

It would be good to see The Queen & Catherine on another official engagement together. Hope it's true.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate Middleton: Duchess of Cambridge reveals she wants a son but says Prince William would prefer a daughter | Mail Online
Old 03-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

More great photos here
william & catherine

Video here:
Home - ITNSource News
Old 03-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Lower heels wouldn't have stopped Kate from getting stuck in the grate. If she feels comfortable wearing higher heels, than I don's see why she should lower them.

Thanks for the links, ghost_night. There are some really cute photos there.

There's also a funny moment in the video, where a guardsman has his bearskin pulled way down and Kate asks him if he can see.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

If she were to wear shoes with a wider heel, then she wouldn't get stuck in grates, high or low. But then, again, it all depends on your comfort level and ability to balance while pregnant. I still think of Victoria Beckham wearing platform stilettos with, what, 6-inch heels while hugely pregnant at the Cambridges' wedding and I can't imagine how anyone could do that. But then, again, I zip around in sneakers and low wide-heeled boots so what do I know?
Old 03-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby
According to Hello magazine Kate has an engagement with the Queen on Thursday - attending the anniversary of the Bakerloo underground line
Let's wait until there is a confirmation
Now that would be so great! I hope its true and be confirmed
Old 03-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Kate looked lovely today and it was a nice event to see William as well. I disliked her hair style but it was nice to see it up IMO for a change. I also wonder if she will recycle the same coat to the coming same events in the coming years or if it was just a coincidence that its a repeat from last years event.