The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Majesty

this is not my favourite appearance of kate, but she still looks lovely. however, i very much preferred this dress the last time she wore it because:

1. she looked less curvy and more slender in it (see pics below)
2. that ponytail looked slightly tacky to me this time and wished she had styled her hair differently. this is too ´cheryl cole´ material for my taste.

nevertheless, it would be hard for kate to get it completely wrong for me, and i think she still looks fab.

Kate Middleton White Slit Dress Roland Mouret Photo 10

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like that wore her hair in the modern looking ponytail and that she recycled this dress again. The Zara necklace is one of the largest pieces I've ever seen her wear.

Old 12-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Serene Highness

[QUOTE=TLLK;1623668]I like that wore her hair in the modern looking ponytail and that she recycled this dress again. The Zara necklace is one of the largest pieces I've ever seen her wear.[/QUOTE]

its a start... lets see if next time she puts some real jewels with it.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
The Royal Film Performance of ‘Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom’ at Odeon Leicester Square-
http://dukewilliamandduchesskate.tumb

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

The attendance of The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge at this premiere is now made very touching has it is being officially announced that Nelson Mandela has died.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Courtier

Mad world this is.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The attendance of The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge at this premiere is now made very touching has it is being officially announced that Nelson Mandela has died.
I agree. One of Nelson Mandela's daughters was also present tonight at the premiere.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Aristocracy

Just curious, does anyone know if the movie was over when Nelson Mandela's death was announced? I am wondering if it was announced at the theater?
Old 12-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

According to Katie Nicholl, they made the announcement after the movie ended.

Quote:
katienicholl: We were delivered the news as the credits rolled. Silence here in the cinema where the royal couple have just watched Mandela. RIP
ETA: Richard Palmer just tweeted that aides informed William and Kate during the screening.

Prince William spoke after the screening: "I just wanted to say it's extremely sad and tragic news. We were just reminded what an extraordinary and inspiring man Nelson Mandela was. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family."

Video: William: 'Thoughts and prayers' with Mandela's family - ITV News
Old 12-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Good to know that William made this tribute.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

It was very nice of William & Catherine to pay tribute to Mandela and show their support to the family on this very moving day.

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN 52m
Nelson/Winnie daughters asked that audience at UK #Mandela premiere not be interrupted and be told of death at end of movie. Producer did do

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Courtier

I feel bad for President Mandela's daughters; it doesn't sound like they thought their father would die so quickly. Although obviously with him being so ill they would have known there was a chance this could have happened.

It reflects well on William and Kate's aides, IMO, that they ensured the royal couple was told the news well in advance of them being questioned by the press. I'm sure William would have been able to come up with an appropriate statement regardless, but it's always more professional to not be taken by surprise.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
I feel bad for President Mandela's daughters; it doesn't sound like they thought their father would die so quickly. Although obviously with him being so ill they would have known there was a chance this could have happened.

It reflects well on William and Kate's aides, IMO, that they ensured the royal couple was told the news well in advance of them being questioned by the press. I'm sure William would have been able to come up with an appropriate statement regardless, but it's always more professional to not be taken by surprise.
I agree. Apparently the couple was informed before the film ended. I hope that Mandela's daughters were able to exit without much attention from the press.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge leaving the premiere pretty much very saddened-
william & catherine

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-06-2013, 01:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I agree. Apparently the couple was informed before the film ended. I hope that Mandela's daughters were able to exit without much attention from the press.
This is from The Times

As the final credits rolled, Anant Singh stepped in front of the screen, where he was joined by the director, Justin Chadwick, and the British actor Idris Elba, who plays Mandela in the film. “President Zuma has announced that Madiba passed away peacefully,” Mr Singh said, prompting gasps and tears from the crowd.

He explained that Zenani and Zindzi, President Mandela’s daughters, had left before the screening started and, reached by telephone in their hotel room, had insisted that the film should not be stopped. A minute’s silence was then held in the cinema.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

RoyalKateDebate ‏@RoyalKateDebate 1h
Kate is visiting Shooting Star House Children's Hospice this afternoon, and William is in Aldershot visiting Mons Barracks this morn.

Video:
Only hours before the death of Nelson Mandela was announced the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge walked the red carpet for the annual Royal Film Performance and UK premiere of 'Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom'. The stars of the film, Idris Elba who plays Nelson Mandela and Naomie Harris, who plays his wife Winnie, walked the carpet and talked to reporters at the event-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTer...don%20Premiere

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-10-2013, 11:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

JB ‏@Royal_beans 7h
REMINDER: The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will attend the screening of David Attenborough's Natural History Museum Alive 3D on Dec 11 #royal

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-11-2013, 04:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 30m
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended a board meeting of the Royal Foundation in Kensington yesterday, the Court Circular shows.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness

William and Kate sign condolence book for Mandela at South Africa House

Kate and William arrive at South Africa House to pay their respects to Nelson Mandela and sign book of condolence | Mail Online
Old 12-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 46m
Royal aides had not told the media about William and Kate's visit to South Africa House but a photographer happened to be there and saw them

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 57s
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived at the Natural History Museum for a gala preview of a 3D film featuring David Attenborough.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Closed Thread