The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
William apparently sings Coldplay to George. Should work, they send me to sleep.

Prince William | Prince William sings Coldplay lullabies to George | Contactmusic.com
The Rockabye covers of pop music are very popular here (ROCKABYE BABY! - US Home is the US website - with a UK link in the upper right hand corner). I usually go and find them for myself on Youtube. They are quite clever and this may be how/why the Duke is singing to George - the Coldplay covers are the ones that put him to sleep or please him!
There are other lullaby cover artists as well - this is just the one I know. They are worth a listen.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 48m (Royal Central Editor, Twitter)

KP say the Cambridges visiting Balmoral "would be a private matter" - only way we'd know is if we saw them at Crathie Kirk on Sunday.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-24-2013, 06:22 PM
Nobility

Grandparent suite at A1

Now that's brave William's in-laws to get their own granny flat at the Royal couple's lavish new apartment in Kensington Palace | Mail Online

If true, this will make it very easy and comfortable for the Middleton's to take care of P. George when the Duke and Duchess have an event to attend.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
Now that's brave William's in-laws to get their own granny flat at the Royal couple's lavish new apartment in Kensington Palace | Mail Online

If true, this will make it very easy and comfortable for the Middleton's to take care of P. George when the Duke and Duchess have an event to attend.
It makes me wonder if they really aren't going to hire a nanny. They may just be planning on using grandma. Though the people who don't like Kate seem to think her parents somehow have too much influence over William so hopefully this won't turn out to be controversial.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Aristocracy

Prince William interview on fatherhood, baby George

Born to be King Royal baby BBC full documentary 2013 The new royal baby George Alexander Louis
Old 08-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
It makes me wonder if they really aren't going to hire a nanny. They may just be planning on using grandma. Though the people who don't like Kate seem to think her parents somehow have too much influence over William so hopefully this won't turn out to be controversial.
but we dont know if it is true

Old 08-24-2013, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness

Hopefully IF it is true Michael and Carole will only use thisapartment when theyneed to stay to lookafter George. I hope they don't stay there regularly (especially if they do actually already have an a apartment close by already).
I don't say this because I have anything against Kate's parents (I think its good that for once the in-laws arent being 'cast aside' and excluded) but because from my own experience I think its important for a new family to be able to have "alone" time most of the time if possible, not excluding of course visits to/from friends and families (and that to me includes not having your parents/in-laws in a flat above/nect to you) But thats just my opinion.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

RE their apartment - it is the 2 bedroom apartment lived in by Pippa and James

Old 08-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
but we dont know if it is true
We don't know if any of it is true. I'm just going by Williams comment in his interview that he had the pictures taken by Kate's father because he didn't want to break the privacy bubble around his family. Take that further and he doesn't hire a nanny at all and just has grandma watch the baby. I think she's semi retired or at least she's in a position where she could babysit and if they're building them quarters it sounds like they plan on them being there quite a bit.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Serene Highness

I think Nottingham Cottage would have been perfect for the middletons, away from apartment 1a itself but also close enough that they could walk over if they needed to babysit.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

If this is true, it is the fist indication that they are not going full-time royal duties

Old 08-24-2013, 07:14 PM
Serene Highness

I think it would be great if the 50-something Mrs. Middleton would be used as a baby-minder rather than hiring a 50-something stranger to be a nanny. And surely a nanny would have at least a bed-sit within KP. It seems that this situation would be ideal for the baby and the rest of the family as well.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I think Nottingham Cottage would have been perfect for the middletons, away from apartment 1a itself but also close enough that they could walk over if they needed to babysit.
Isn't Harry supposed to move into Nott Cott?
Old 08-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Isn't Harry supposed to move into Nott Cott?
Yes he is

Old 08-24-2013, 07:17 PM
Serene Highness

apparently so
Old 08-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm not sure this belongs in the current thread but I was thinking there would living quarters for a nanny.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-24-2013, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

of course there would. In fact, they would need more than one eventually.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

That article seems a bit made up to me. Last week Carole was spot at the welsh train station going back to Berkshire which implies that Kate and George are in Wales not Buckleberry. The farmhouse is Wales is owned by Sir George Meyrick a wealthy landowner who doesn't lack housing options.

Why would Mike and Carole need all of those rooms? Two bedrooms, sitting room and a kitchen. If Mike and Carole stayed over wouldn't they sit and eat with William, Kate and George.

I would think those rooms are for the protection officers? Is there one there all the time?
Old 08-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
That article seems a bit made up to me. Last week Carole was spot at the welsh train station going back to Berkshire which implies that Kate and George are in Wales not Buckleberry. The farmhouse is Wales is owned by Sir George Meyrick a wealthy landowner who doesn't lack housing options.

Why would Mike and Carole need all of those rooms? Two bedrooms, sitting room and a kitchen. If Mike and Carole stayed over wouldn't they sit and eat with William, Kate and George.

I would think those rooms are for the protection officers? Is there one there all the time?
Exactly i would go with this not being true. The only person at the DailyFail who somewhat gets correct info is Rebecca English, and even she is hit or miss.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Heir Apparent

If apt 1A is a 21 room apt, I'm sure there will be room for in laws to visit. this is just typical fabrication.

Closed Thread