The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=Osipi;1616014]If she is still breastfeeding, that is natural birth control in itself I believe.)

Well, a nice fairy-taile - I got pregnant again while breastfeeding....
he is a fantastic young man toaday

Old 11-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=justina;1616103]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
If she is still breastfeeding, that is natural birth control in itself I believe.)

Well, a nice fairy-taile - I got pregnant again while breastfeeding....
he is a fantastic young man toaday

I was actually curious about this subject (not kate being pregnant)...I had looked it up and as long as your ovulating you can get pregnant..so if your breast feeding and still ovulating you can get pregnant.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE=iisuzieii;1616134]
Quote:
Originally Posted by justina View Post

I was actually curious about this subject (not kate being pregnant)...I had looked it up and as long as your ovulating you can get pregnant..so if your breast feeding and still ovulating you can get pregnant.
Yes - I have two close friends who got caught out when relying on breastfeeding as birth control. It is far from a reliable method.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Majesty

Can we get out of the Cambridge's bedroom. I'm sure it's too active already.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Aristocracy

lol...technically we weren't even talking about them anymore...we were talking about if someone can get pregnant during breastfeeding..its interesting because I am 29 and I never thought people thought of breastfeeding as a form of birth control...you know you learn something new everyday.

But, I do agree we are getting a tad off topic now..
Old 11-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Serene Highness

Sorry, just a bit off topic and slightly too personal. Not sure if we should be talking about that on this thread. Just my opinion. :)
Old 11-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Serene Highness

Don't know if it should be here, in this thread, but I find it very sweet:

Royal Commuters Prince William, Kate Middleton Ride the Bus | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo
Old 11-10-2013, 12:27 AM
Courtier

Kate Middleton in £500-a-ticket gala mystery | Royal | News | Daily Express
THE Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were last night at the centre of a charity tickets riddle involving a £500-a-head dinner and concert at their Kensington Palace home.

All 200 tickets for the glittering Winter Whites Gala event featuring Jon Bon Jovi, Taylor Swift and James Blunt were snapped up within hours of going on sale last week.

The evening, set to raise thousands of pounds for homeless charity Centrepoint, a cause close to Princess Diana’s heart, will be attended by Prince William on November 26.

Yesterday questions were being asked about why the tickets were priced way beyond most people’s pockets, how much security will cost and why the charity wrongly implied Kate would be attending.

Not sure why they seem to single Kate out ...

I have to say personally I've never been comfortbale with royals attending paid for events like this but then I suppose if it raises money for good causes.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Frankly, getting very rich people to give money that can be used to help the homeless seems like a win-win to me.

Sound and fury signifying nothing (good old Will Shakespeare - quote for everything)

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Courtier

I agree, it all goes to a good cause. The issue of ot being open to most people is most likely down to teh fact that last years concert was at the Royal Albert Hall and 4,000 people attended. Personally I'm surprised they have replaced a 4,000 person concert with a 200 person dinner. But that is likely the charity's own decision.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Serene Highness

It wasn't a concert but a tennis exhibition last year.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Courtier

Britain unites for Remembrance Sunday commemorations | Mail Online
Old 11-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for sharing that link, angieuk. What a wonderful service, and what gorgeous photos.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:18 AM
Majesty

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 2h
Expecting some new engagements for William, Kate and Harry to be announced in the next few days, inc. today

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Majesty

Videos:
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge join Poppy appeal- Extended Coverage-
ARMED FORCES / ROYAL: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge join Poppy appeal of cambridge 2013#videoPopUpDiv

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-14-2013, 07:13 AM
Serene Highness

Future Events

Thursday 5th December 2013

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the Royal Film Performance 2013, the UK Premiere of Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, at the Odeon Leicester Square, London.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Future Events

Thursday 5th December 2013

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the Royal Film Performance 2013, the UK Premiere of Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, at the Odeon Leicester Square, London.
Wow! Did not know that was a film. Loved the book. Will have to see it. And love a Cambridge red carpet.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Majesty

TRH THE DUKE AND DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE
TO ATTEND
THE ROYAL FILM PERFORMANCE™ 2013
MANDELA: LONG WALK TO FREEDOM-

http://www.ctbf.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Royal_Film_2013_TRH_Announcement.pdf

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-15-2013, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

On November 28, the couple will attend a charity ball

Duchess of Cambridge to attend SportsAid’s charity ball - See more at: Duchess of Cambridge to attend SportsAid's charity ball | Royal Central
Old 11-15-2013, 09:25 AM
Serene Highness

The SportsAid Gala is just Kate. No William who is on George duty.