The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Courtier

Future Events
NEW ENGAGEMENT FOR DUKE AND DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE Future Events
Sunday 17th March 2013
The Duke of Cambridge, Colonel-inChief, and The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the 1st Battalion Irish Guards at the St. Patrick’s Day Parade at Mons Barracks, Aldershot.

Twitter:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
NEW ENGAGEMENT FOR DUKE AND DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE
Another engagement for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. They'll visit the offices of Child Bereavement UK in Saunderton,Bucks, on Tuesday 19 March 2013
[/COLOR]

60TH ANNIVERSARY SERVICE OF THE QUEEN'S CORONATION
The 60th anniversary of The Queen’s Coronation in June 2013 will be marked with a service of celebration at Westminster Abbey. The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, and other Members of the Royal Family will attend a Service to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the Coronation Service on Tuesday 4 June 2013 at 11am.COLOR]

TROOPING THE COLOUR
The Sovereign's birthday is officially celebrated by the ceremony of Trooping the Colour on a Saturday in June.
In 2013 Trooping the Colour (which is also known as The Queen's Birthday Parade) will be held on 15 June 2013.

ORDER OF THE GARTER SERVICE
Monday 17 June 2013

ROYAL ASCOT
[B]18-22 JUNE 2013/B]
[/COLOR]

Old 03-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Majesty

It will be great to see William & Catherine out supporting this cause.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Courtier

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit the offices of Child Bereavement UK which are based at The Clare Charity Centre in Saunderton on March 19

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news...ks/?ref=twtrec
Old 03-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Commoner

I found an interesting Hungarian news.

A Hungarian chef speaks from couple and Harry, who was working in Switzerland.

I hope you understand the English-language article. (Google translater is not always well paid, in my experience.)

The "Velvet" is a Hungarian online tabloidmagazine (I do not read often), is the same as the British "The Sun".

Google Fordító

Capri

Old 03-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Future Events...
Thank your or the dates. I doubt we would see Kate after May or June at events as she might be on maternity leave or the resting period before baby is due but then she might attend if she feels like it.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Courtier

I expect the Garter Service to be Kate's last official appearance before the birth. I know Diana appeared on the balcony for the trooping the colour in 1982 when William was born days later - does anyone know if she rode in the carriage that day - or was it just a balcony appearance?
Old 03-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Look forward to the visit to CBT. Never fails to be a moving occasion, what with the Duke and Duchess's way with kids, combined with William's personal touch on the subject.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Look forward to the visit to CBT. Never fails to be a moving occasion, what with the Duke and Duchess's way with kids, combined with William's personal touch on the subkect.
This will be the time to bring out the tissues. However, I'm so glad that William and Catherine will give some happiness to children who are grieving over a loss of a loved one.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Majesty

No ‘culture visit’ by Duke and Duchess of Cambridge:
No

"HOPES that one of the iconic UK City of Culture events in Londonderry might receive the Royal seal of approval from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been dashed, with news that the couple have postponed any visit across the Irish Sea until 2014".
Old 03-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
That picture is from Trooping the Colour 1983, not 1982. Two additional pictures from 1983: The Queen Mother and Diana, the Balcony.
I was there and saw it that year (1983)! (Including seeing Charles and Diana up close when they attended the premiere of one of the Bond films earlier that same week).
Old 03-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Royal Highness

I'm looking forward to next Tuesday, the visit will be very interesting. Until then, St. Patrick's Day comes first!

I hope for some more annoucements next week, because after next Tuesday, we don't have more joint engagements of William&Catherine or solo engagements of Catherine.
I hope that we don't get empty months until the baby is born, so I'd be very happy if Catherine (with or without William) had one engagement per month.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Majesty

William & Catherine is just beaming with happiness:
http://williamcatherinecambridge.tum...ge/45431939320

Duke of Cambridge

World of Windsor

Video:
William and Kate watch horse racing in Cheltenham:
http://news.itnsource.com/?cat=Royal
Old 03-15-2013, 10:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
William & Catherine is just beaming with happiness:
http://williamcatherinecambridge.tum...ge/45431939320

Duke of Cambridge

World of Windsor

Video:
William and Kate watch horse racing in Cheltenham:
Home - ITNSource News
Great pictures and video. They definitely looked like they were having a ball, and I have to say, that William looks distinguished and sophisticated with his spectacles. I'd love to see him wear them more often .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Finally home. Been away for 2 weeks missed this place like crazy. Ok so we got a St. Patty's Day engagement tomorrow. See what I can find out about times I assume it would be a morning/early afternoon appearance.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter @dianapearl_ we're not allowed to give out timings but they'll be at the Irish Guards Barracks in Aldershot where Kate will present
Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter
@dianapearl_ shamrocks before the couple meet soldiers and families.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:06 AM
Courtier

Thank you for the links Dman.

I do not see William "beaming with happiness". I see him interacting with the public and having a joke with them. Indeed, the video shows him rather...well not that happy really. He hardly interacts with his pregnant wife from what I could see. And I have seen a rather steely look from him to her (image on DM article).

She turns up on the balcony, behind his friend and looks timid. He eventually puts a hand on her back and includes her in the fold. He is mostly seen interacting with his friends. She interacts less. With the guy next to her and the woman with the fur collar. Not much joviality from those two but evident of others around them.

Where does the "beaming of happiness" come from? I would say this is not their best day.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:24 AM
Majesty

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor
Will be reporting live for @sunriseon7 & @morningshowon7 later with footage of William & Kate's joint engagement on St Patrick's Day

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor
William & Kate today continue a century old tradition of presenting shamrocks to the Irish Guards started by Queen Alexandra in 1901.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine
Happy St Patrick's Day to our Irish followers. The Duchess of Cambridge will present shamrock to the Irish Guards in Aldershot this morning.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post

She turns up on the balcony, behind his friend and looks timid. He eventually puts a hand on her back and includes her in the fold. He is mostly seen interacting with his friends. She interacts less. With the guy next to her and the woman with the fur collar. Not much joviality from those two but evident of others around them.
I read it (just my opinion, of course) as if he in her eyes appeared over-protecting. He says something, she nods, then he looks away and she has that look - "husbands..." but puts her coat closer to her to keep out the wind (weather looks very nasty).

I could imagine he sees her, asks: do you really have to come out in this weather? Seeing that she means it, he brings her to the front like he thinks: if she really wants it she should at least have a good view, then saying something like: at least put your coast around you. Why didn't you bring a scarf? And she gets that look....
Old 03-17-2013, 05:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes
It's raining hard on the parade ground at Aldershot where Baroness Carrickfergus will present Shamrock to the Irish Guards.

British Royals ‏@britishroyals
William & Kate due in 15 min RT @AldershotNews: Duke & Duchess of Cambridge are due to arrive at 10.30. Rain is horizontal. Reporters cheery

It's a grey, drizzly day in Aldershot brightened by the red tunics of the Irish Guards as we await the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

The Irish Guards' new mascot, Domhnall, a seven-month-old Irish Wolf Hound, has just been marched onto the parade ground at Mons Barracks.

The Duchess of Cambridge will be presenting sprigs of shamrock to the 1st Battalion, including her husband, for St Patrick's Day

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror
Friends and family gather to watch Kate present Shamrocks to the Irish Guards http://lockerz.com/s/287319771
Old 03-17-2013, 06:43 AM
Courtier

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
The Duchess of Cambridge will be presenting sprigs of shamrock to the 1st Battalion, including her husband, for St Patrick's Day

Thy said 15 min a while ago