The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 05:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
What annoys me is that it appears to me that there isn't really a plan for what to do with the Cambridge's now William hasleft the military. I'm sure (i'd like to hope anyway) that a lot is going on behind the scenes but there seesm to me to a lack of cordination between each royal office. IMO it would have been been better if they announced William was leaving the RAF but look here he is at a state banquet (one not ever single one from now until he dies),here he is at the Remembrance festival (again once not every year). It would help show he is capable of beign King which, yes might be years away andhe have to get htrough Charles' reign first, but it shows he can. The investiture was a step in the right direction but I'd personally like to see more like it. They would both still have plenty of time to work behind the scenes (which I think is important - Sophie Wessex is known to have worked quietly withcharities for alon long time helping them with strategy etc and I appluad that) but William and Kate need to be seen to be doing something and showing the country that they could be king and queen.
This is not an attack on them, its a comment on a discussion, which is what I thought forums were for.
I think it might be a bit presumptuous for us to assume that there isn't a plan of what the Cambridge's will do. I am sure the plan is well thought through. William's leaving the armed forces was not a decision taken on a whim, and I am sure a plan was developed that covers, IMO the following:

a) focussing on further developing the charitable interests of the couple, and expanding the scope of their involvement with their existing charities and taking on new ones;

b) considering the workings of the Prince's Trust, and seeing how William and Catherine may want to involve themselves with it in the medium term;

c) getting a more in-depth understanding of the matters relating to the Duchy of Cornwall; and

d) gradually increasing the scope of their public duties in support of HM, though I suspect in the first instance their increased public roles would be related to the organisations they are associated with.

A lot of this work is behind the scenes, and as a result, it is quite likely that William will not be seen much in public, irrespective of how much work he may be engaged in.

As far as Catherine is concerned, she has a 3 month old child. Most UK employers allow maternity leave of up to a year, and increasingly, I see those that can afford to, take it. Catherine has already carried out some engagements and I suspect, in time, will increase her public activities.

Quote:
I'm sure (i'd like to hope anyway) that a lot is going on behind the scenes but there seesm to me to a lack of cordination between each royal office.
What makes you think there is a lack of co-ordination between the royal offices? Have there been any conflicting messages delivered?

Quote:
IMO it would have been been better if they announced William was leaving the RAF but look here he is at a state banquet (one not ever single one from now until he dies),here he is at the Remembrance festival (again once not every year).
I am not sure that achieves very much other than exposing them to criticism for when they do not attend a Festival of Remembrance or State Banquet in the future.

Quote:
It would help show he is capable of beign King which, yes might be years away andhe have to get htrough Charles' reign first, but it shows he can. The investiture was a step in the right direction but I'd personally like to see more like it. They would both still have plenty of time to work behind the scenes (which I think is important - Sophie Wessex is known to have worked quietly withcharities for alon long time helping them with strategy etc and I appluad that) but William and Kate need to be seen to be doing something and showing the country that they could be king and queen.
This is not an attack on them, its a comment on a discussion, which is what I thought forums were for.
They do not need to do anything to prove they are capable of being King and Queen. The role, when they succeed, and I suspect they are 15-20 years away from it, just requires them to continue to follow what HM and Charles will have dutifully done in their times.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
Halloween is in Three Days, I wonder if William and Catherine are going to dress Prince George up? And what his costume going to be? We will probably never know but it still fun to wonder. Is Halloween in the U.K same as in the U.S where kids go Trick or treating?
Off-topic, but most children in the UK usually go trick or treating nowadays, and some have Halloween themed sleepovers and parties (or at least in my area, I'm not sure about the rest of the country but I would imagine it's the same). I used to have them when I was younger.

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 10-29-2013, 10:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
Halloween is in Three Days, I wonder if William and Catherine are going to dress Prince George up? And what his costume going to be? We will probably never know but it still fun to wonder. Is Halloween in the U.K same as in the U.S where kids go Trick or treating?
Wouldn't he make the cutest chipmunk!! Or a little mouse.. Those cheeks! Oh how I would love to see him dressed up.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
Wouldn't he make the cutest chipmunk!! Or a little mouse.. Those cheeks! Oh how I would love to see him dressed up.
Or as a little green frog and then go over to Grandpa Charles' house for trick or treat.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Courtier

well partypieces do have some kids dressing-up kits and face paint ;-)
Old 10-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Or as a little green frog and then go over to Grandpa Charles' house for trick or treat.
I bet Grandpa Charles would love that .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

There are now 5-6 engagements for William and 2 for Catherine in the 1st 2 weeks of November. That seems like a plan to me.

This is in addition, of course, to the behind scene work that we will not see or be told about.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Heir Apparent

What are they? I lost count. Try to keep track, but need a calendar for those 2- do not want to miss 1
Old 10-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
What are they? I lost count. Try to keep track, but need a calendar for those 2- do not want to miss 1
Prince William steps up pace in becoming a full time royal | Royal Central

All the dates are in this article. This is a good site, about 99% reliable. And they are great at answering questions and are open to ideas about articles. And no, I've no connection with them and have not been paid for this endorsement

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-29-2013, 08:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Prince William steps up pace in becoming a full time royal | Royal Central

All the dates are in this article. This is a good site, about 99% reliable. And they are great at answering questions and are open to ideas about articles. And no, I've no connection with them and have not been paid for this endorsement
Thanks.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Oh a little green frog would be perfect!! And I think that Camilla gave away all the sweets today to the horses! Wouldn't go over to their house, maybe great granny's house, bound to be some really great goodies over there. That is if the corgis didn't get to the first!
Old 11-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Majesty

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 15m
Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will visit Only Connect head office Tues 19 November to see how the charity supports ex-offenders.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 17m
The couple will also visit Bounce Back + Handmade Alliance based in the same building before heading to an Only Connect dance perf.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I swear you always beat me to it Dman!

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 9m
That joint William and Kate visit to ex-offenders and crime prevention charity Only Connect on Vov 19 is in the Kings Cross area of London.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 11m
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit offices and projects of ex-offenders charity Only Connect on Nov 19.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I swear you always beat me to it Dman!

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 9m
That joint William and Kate visit to ex-offenders and crime prevention charity Only Connect on Vov 19 is in the Kings Cross area of London.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 11m
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit offices and projects of ex-offenders charity Only Connect on Nov 19.
Lol, I'm just always excited when we get a chance to see this couple.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 15m
Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will visit Only Connect head office Tues 19 November to see how the charity supports ex-offenders.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 17m
The couple will also visit Bounce Back + Handmade Alliance based in the same building before heading to an Only Connect dance perf.
Looking forward to this. You can never have too much Cambridge magic.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Majesty

JB ‏@Royal_beans 50m
REMINDER: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will meet London Poppy Day supporters at Kensington Palace on Nov 7

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-07-2013, 05:21 AM
Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 43s
I'm at Kensington Palace, where William and Kate will be meeting campaigners aiming to raise £1m in London today for the British Legion.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Majesty

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge surprised hundreds of commuters today as they joined poppy sellers at a London Tube station. The royal couple travelled on a 1960s Routemaster bus to High Street Kensington station where they met military personnel and volunteers supporting London Poppy Day. William and Kate were swamped by members of the public taking photographs as they walked along the high street to the station's entrance hall-
Home - ITNSource News

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Serene Highness

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
Co-ordinatey Katie! Duchess of Cambridge dresses to match Remembrance Day poppies in claret coat and black boots | Mail Online
I think she looks very tired and her new hair style doesn't suit her at all
Old 11-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Majesty

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge stun commuters with an appearance at tube station-
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge stun commuters with an appearance at tube station | Royal | News | Daily Express

Dr. Maya Angelou
Closed Thread