The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

No I haven't. What was her source? The Globe?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-29-2013, 04:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Shirley View Post
My sister told me that Katherine has stated that she would not take the title of "Queen" when the time comes. Has anyone else heard that? I know Camilla has stated that and I agree she should never be called Queen but Kate? No way, she should be Queen Kate or Katherine when Prince Williams takes the throne.
Neither Catherine nor Camilla have stated such a thing. Both will legally be Queen Consort upon their husbands ascension.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Nobility

Why should Camilla not be called queen consort? She will be married to a king, for taco sakes! any how, i have not heard any such thing. sounds like more silly rumor.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Why should Camilla not be called queen consort? She will be married to a king, for taco sakes! any how, i have not heard any such thing. sounds like more silly rumor.
This debate has come up time after time since I've been here and for the most part, the posts have been moved to the relevant sub forum. I did a bit of backtracking and found part of the many discussions that might help to explain things. Very interesting place to read as it discusses many of the ins and outs of titles, styles and such.

Questions about British Styles and Titles
Old 09-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Serene Highness

Those darn gossip papers, I cant stand them. It is so absurd that people would ever believe that what they say is in any way true. People can be so gullible. It never ceases to amaze me.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Courtier

Kate Middleton and Prince William are expected to move into their apartment at Kensington Palace next week - hellomagazine.com
Old 09-30-2013, 03:18 AM
Courtier

Oh, how wonderful that must feel for them. Finally a new place for them to create a home.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:07 AM
Courtier

Someone saw them coming back from Balmoral to Kensington Palace yesterday evening.
Twitter: oℓiver• ‏@OliverMoulders 16h Prince William, Kate and baby George just gave way to me in their Rangerover (&smiled) as I was running out of Kensington Gardens! #buzzing
Old 10-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Courtier

Likely future Cambridges engagement -100 Women in Hedge Fund Gala. This year is it is benefitting Action on Addiction. Date Oct 24 Location : State Rooms of Kensington Palace

William is the Patron of the 100 Women and Kate and Harry joined him for the next 3 years as Patron. This yr Addiction on Addiction, next year Wellchild, 2015 The Art Room.

The FA 150 gala is Sat Oct 26. William is most likely a given maybe Kate too.

The engagements are usually announced 2 weeks before so any day now for confirmation.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 2h
Kate will be at the Remembrance Service on the Cenotaph on 10th Nov where Prince William will lay a wreath, probably in Irish Guards uniform

The Honourable Frances Shand Kydd
Old 10-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Courtier

I don't know about wearing the Irish Guards uniform. William has worn his RAF uniform to the Cenotaph ever since he switched to the RAF. The RAF is under represented with most of the royals in navy uniforms that day. If William does wear the Irish Guards uniform , it wouldn't be the red tunic one but the black bow one that he wore at St Patrick Day.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I don't know about wearing the Irish Guards uniform. William has worn his RAF uniform to the Cenotaph ever since he switched to the RAF. The RAF is under represented with most of the royals in navy uniforms that day. If William does wear the Irish Guards uniform , it wouldn't be the red tunic one but the black bow one that he wore at St Patrick Day.
what we will see is a "great coat" which is what they all wear, but just varies in colour and trimmings by branch of the services. But expect it will be RAF.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

William and Kate’s new court is opened with £60,000 per table gala dinner:
William and Kate

I think it's great that the Cambridge's and even Prince Harry are bringing the life back to Kensington Palace. It's now their official court and will become the place they will be holding a great deal of events in.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 16h
It's just been confirmed to me that William and Kate will be at the Cenotaph on 10th November for the traditional remembrance sunday service

They will not, however, be at the State Banquet for the President of South Korea next month. #WilliamandKate

What will it take to get those two attend a State Banquet?

Old 10-25-2013, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's just been confirmed to me that William and Kate will be at the Cenotaph on 10th November for the traditional remembrance sunday service

They will not, however, be at the State Banquet for the President of South Korea next month. #WilliamandKate

The Queen to invite them

Old 10-25-2013, 09:49 AM
Courtier

...Or rather command them
Old 10-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, maybe someone should remind her to invite them. Hopefully they will start attending next year. We have yet to get a regalia event out the Cambridge's. If not a State Banquet, then at least next months or December's Reception for the Royal Diplomatic Corps. Then again, this kind of event slips by without much of a mention and pictures.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman;1612174 [U
Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK [/U]16h

Well, clearly all our hopes and outrage that it has not yet happened are not working.
“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 10-25-2013, 10:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
...Or rather command them
This is just my opinion but I think the Queen respects William and his choices. She nudges, but except for the Irish Guards black coat, I think she rests easy with his choices.

She learned a lot while watching her own boys become the men they are. And I think she is realistic enough to know that every action, even a monarch's can cause unexpected reactions in family.

Will's a sound man with a sound wife. Not much reining in required. (Horsey pun intended)
“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 10-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Well, clearly all our hopes and outrage that it has not yet happened are not working.
Do you think if we Americans expressed our desires we would start to see W&K at state dinners?