The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
The Globe's favorite Royal victim is Camilla. Two or three weeks ago, they had her leaving Charles .... again. I suppose Kate will become another favorite. Lots of Globe covers here:

https://www.google.com/search?gs_rn=...E4Hc8wTlioCIDg
Gosh, got a headache from all the screaming headlines
Okay, so basically: if Globe is the source it's very likely not true
Also pretty much shows the quality of the dutch magazine that they took their headlines from Globe...

Old 09-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Nobility

Let's see, the queen in dying any day now(for the last 3 months) Charles has been disinherited, Camilla is a vengeful drunk divorcing Charles who likes making brain tumor, postpartum Catherine cry and demanded a DNA test for George, William quit the army solely to hunt down Diana's 'killers', Phillip is a serial cheater causing the queen 'agony' in her dying days (in his nineties even, tally ho!)....and Andrew and Fergie are getting married!

Well, then.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Nobility

• Prince Charles is gay
  • Queen is dying
  • Camilla wants divorce
  • Camilla wants to be Queen
  • Wills is the new King
  • Lady Di's Daughter is found
  • Bill Clinton is dying of AIDS
The Globe sounds like the magazin 'MAD' haven't read that in a while
Old 09-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post

• Prince Charles is gay
  • Queen is dying
  • Camilla wants divorce
  • Camilla wants to be Queen
  • Wills is the new King
  • Lady Di's Daughter is found
  • Bill Clinton is dying of AIDS
The Globe sounds like the magazin 'MAD' haven't read that in a while
MAD was funny - wot me worry?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-29-2013, 04:08 PM
Commoner

My sister told me that Katherine has stated that she would not take the title of "Queen" when the time comes. Has anyone else heard that? I know Camilla has stated that and I agree she should never be called Queen but Kate? No way, she should be Queen Kate or Katherine when Prince Williams takes the throne.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

No I haven't. What was her source? The Globe?

Old 09-29-2013, 04:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Shirley View Post
My sister told me that Katherine has stated that she would not take the title of "Queen" when the time comes. Has anyone else heard that? I know Camilla has stated that and I agree she should never be called Queen but Kate? No way, she should be Queen Kate or Katherine when Prince Williams takes the throne.
Neither Catherine nor Camilla have stated such a thing. Both will legally be Queen Consort upon their husbands ascension.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Nobility

Why should Camilla not be called queen consort? She will be married to a king, for taco sakes! any how, i have not heard any such thing. sounds like more silly rumor.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Why should Camilla not be called queen consort? She will be married to a king, for taco sakes! any how, i have not heard any such thing. sounds like more silly rumor.
This debate has come up time after time since I've been here and for the most part, the posts have been moved to the relevant sub forum. I did a bit of backtracking and found part of the many discussions that might help to explain things. Very interesting place to read as it discusses many of the ins and outs of titles, styles and such.

Questions about British Styles and Titles
Old 09-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Serene Highness

Those darn gossip papers, I cant stand them. It is so absurd that people would ever believe that what they say is in any way true. People can be so gullible. It never ceases to amaze me.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Courtier

Kate Middleton and Prince William are expected to move into their apartment at Kensington Palace next week - hellomagazine.com
Old 09-30-2013, 03:18 AM
Courtier

Oh, how wonderful that must feel for them. Finally a new place for them to create a home.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Someone saw them coming back from Balmoral to Kensington Palace yesterday evening.
Twitter: oℓiver• ‏@OliverMoulders 16h Prince William, Kate and baby George just gave way to me in their Rangerover (&smiled) as I was running out of Kensington Gardens! #buzzing
Old 10-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Serene Highness

Likely future Cambridges engagement -100 Women in Hedge Fund Gala. This year is it is benefitting Action on Addiction. Date Oct 24 Location : State Rooms of Kensington Palace

William is the Patron of the 100 Women and Kate and Harry joined him for the next 3 years as Patron. This yr Addiction on Addiction, next year Wellchild, 2015 The Art Room.

The FA 150 gala is Sat Oct 26. William is most likely a given maybe Kate too.

The engagements are usually announced 2 weeks before so any day now for confirmation.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:38 AM
Majesty

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 2h
Kate will be at the Remembrance Service on the Cenotaph on 10th Nov where Prince William will lay a wreath, probably in Irish Guards uniform

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Serene Highness

I don't know about wearing the Irish Guards uniform. William has worn his RAF uniform to the Cenotaph ever since he switched to the RAF. The RAF is under represented with most of the royals in navy uniforms that day. If William does wear the Irish Guards uniform , it wouldn't be the red tunic one but the black bow one that he wore at St Patrick Day.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I don't know about wearing the Irish Guards uniform. William has worn his RAF uniform to the Cenotaph ever since he switched to the RAF. The RAF is under represented with most of the royals in navy uniforms that day. If William does wear the Irish Guards uniform , it wouldn't be the red tunic one but the black bow one that he wore at St Patrick Day.
what we will see is a "great coat" which is what they all wear, but just varies in colour and trimmings by branch of the services. But expect it will be RAF.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Majesty

William and Kate’s new court is opened with £60,000 per table gala dinner:
William and Kate

I think it's great that the Cambridge's and even Prince Harry are bringing the life back to Kensington Palace. It's now their official court and will become the place they will be holding a great deal of events in.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-25-2013, 09:24 AM
Majesty

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 16h
It's just been confirmed to me that William and Kate will be at the Cenotaph on 10th November for the traditional remembrance sunday service

They will not, however, be at the State Banquet for the President of South Korea next month. #WilliamandKate

What will it take to get those two attend a State Banquet?

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-25-2013, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's just been confirmed to me that William and Kate will be at the Cenotaph on 10th November for the traditional remembrance sunday service

They will not, however, be at the State Banquet for the President of South Korea next month. #WilliamandKate

What will it take to get those two attend a State Banquet?
The Queen to invite them

Closed Thread