Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: March-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Future Events
NEW ENGAGEMENT FOR DUKE AND DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE Future Events
Sunday 17th March 2013
The Duke of Cambridge, Colonel-inChief, and The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the 1st Battalion Irish Guards at the St. Patrick’s Day Parade at Mons Barracks, Aldershot.

Twitter:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
NEW ENGAGEMENT FOR DUKE AND DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE
Another engagement for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. They'll visit the offices of Child Bereavement UK in Saunderton,Bucks, on Tuesday 19 March 2013
[/COLOR]

60TH ANNIVERSARY SERVICE OF THE QUEEN'S CORONATION
The 60th anniversary of The Queen’s Coronation in June 2013 will be marked with a service of celebration at Westminster Abbey. The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, and other Members of the Royal Family will attend a Service to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the Coronation Service on Tuesday 4 June 2013 at 11am.COLOR]

TROOPING THE COLOUR
The Sovereign's birthday is officially celebrated by the ceremony of Trooping the Colour on a Saturday in June.
In 2013 Trooping the Colour (which is also known as The Queen's Birthday Parade) will be held on 15 June 2013.

ORDER OF THE GARTER SERVICE
Monday 17 June 2013

ROYAL ASCOT
18-22 JUNE 2013/B]
[/COLOR]

Last edited:
It will be great to see William & Catherine out supporting this cause.

I found an interesting Hungarian news.

A Hungarian chef speaks from couple and Harry, who was working in Switzerland.

I hope you understand the English-language article. (Google translater is not always well paid, in my experience.)

The "Velvet" is a Hungarian online tabloidmagazine (I do not read often), is the same as the British "The Sun".

Google Fordító

Capri

:flowers:

Future Events...
Thank your or the dates. I doubt we would see Kate after May or June at events as she might be on maternity leave or the resting period before baby is due but then she might attend if she feels like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I expect the Garter Service to be Kate's last official appearance before the birth. I know Diana appeared on the balcony for the trooping the colour in 1982 when William was born days later - does anyone know if she rode in the carriage that day - or was it just a balcony appearance?

Look forward to the visit to CBT. Never fails to be a moving occasion, what with the Duke and Duchess's way with kids, combined with William's personal touch on the subject.

Last edited:
Look forward to the visit to CBT. Never fails to be a moving occasion, what with the Duke and Duchess's way with kids, combined with William's personal touch on the subkect.

This will be the time to bring out the tissues. However, I'm so glad that William and Catherine will give some happiness to children who are grieving over a loss of a loved one.

No ‘culture visit’ by Duke and Duchess of Cambridge:
No

"HOPES that one of the iconic UK City of Culture events in Londonderry might receive the Royal seal of approval from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been dashed, with news that the couple have postponed any visit across the Irish Sea until 2014".

I'm looking forward to next Tuesday, the visit will be very interesting. Until then, St. Patrick's Day comes first!

I hope for some more annoucements next week, because after next Tuesday, we don't have more joint engagements of William&Catherine or solo engagements of Catherine.
I hope that we don't get empty months until the baby is born, so I'd be very happy if Catherine (with or without William) had one engagement per month.

Last edited:
Thank you for the links Dman.

I do not see William "beaming with happiness". I see him interacting with the public and having a joke with them. Indeed, the video shows him rather...well not that happy really. He hardly interacts with his pregnant wife from what I could see. And I have seen a rather steely look from him to her (image on DM article). :glare:

She turns up on the balcony, behind his friend and looks timid. He eventually puts a hand on her back and includes her in the fold. He is mostly seen interacting with his friends. She interacts less. With the guy next to her and the woman with the fur collar. Not much joviality from those two but evident of others around them.

Where does the "beaming of happiness" come from? I would say this is not their best day.

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor
Will be reporting live for @sunriseon7 & @morningshowon7 later with footage of William & Kate's joint engagement on St Patrick's Day

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor
William & Kate today continue a century old tradition of presenting shamrocks to the Irish Guards started by Queen Alexandra in 1901.

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine
Happy St Patrick's Day to our Irish followers. The Duchess of Cambridge will present shamrock to the Irish Guards in Aldershot this morning.

She turns up on the balcony, behind his friend and looks timid. He eventually puts a hand on her back and includes her in the fold. He is mostly seen interacting with his friends. She interacts less. With the guy next to her and the woman with the fur collar. Not much joviality from those two but evident of others around them.

I read it (just my opinion, of course) as if he in her eyes appeared over-protecting. He says something, she nods, then he looks away and she has that look - "husbands..." but puts her coat closer to her to keep out the wind (weather looks very nasty).

I could imagine he sees her, asks: do you really have to come out in this weather? Seeing that she means it, he brings her to the front like he thinks: if she really wants it she should at least have a good view, then saying something like: at least put your coast around you. Why didn't you bring a scarf? And she gets that look....

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes
It's raining hard on the parade ground at Aldershot where Baroness Carrickfergus will present Shamrock to the Irish Guards.

British Royals ‏@britishroyals
William & Kate due in 15 min RT @AldershotNews: Duke & Duchess of Cambridge are due to arrive at 10.30. Rain is horizontal. Reporters cheery

It's a grey, drizzly day in Aldershot brightened by the red tunics of the Irish Guards as we await the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

The Irish Guards' new mascot, Domhnall, a seven-month-old Irish Wolf Hound, has just been marched onto the parade ground at Mons Barracks.

The Duchess of Cambridge will be presenting sprigs of shamrock to the 1st Battalion, including her husband, for St Patrick's Day

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror
Friends and family gather to watch Kate present Shamrocks to the Irish Guards http://lockerz.com/s/287319771

Last edited:
Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
The Duchess of Cambridge will be presenting sprigs of shamrock to the 1st Battalion, including her husband, for St Patrick's Day

Thy said 15 min a while ago

Aldershot News ‏@AldershotNews
Kate understood to be wearing outfit by Emilia Wickstead, William will be in the full ceremonials he wore at his wedding.

And down comes the rain, as 200 men from the 1st Battalion Irish Guards line up on parade. Good job I brought my brolly.

Aldershot News ‏@AldershotNews
Doormen for royal car now in place in front of dais. Stay tuned.

Looks like they're 40 minutes+ late.

Duchess Kate Blog ‏@HRHDuchesskate
Kate's wearing the same Emilia Wickstead coat she wore to last years parade.

Kate's wearing the same green Emilia Wickstead coat dress she wore to this event last year.

That's this one folks - http://assets1.gcstatic.com/u/apps/...ge-on-st-patricks-day-6-1332146989-view-1.jpg

William's in ceremonial No 1 uniform. We had thought he would be in his wedding tunic but not so.

That would be this one - http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7079/610xd.jpg

She has her hair up!!!
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=436209999790900&id=227025530746047

Last edited:
Kate's had a bit of a mishap on parade here. She got one of her four inch heels caught in a grate and had to lean on William to get it out.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes
Awkard moment after the Shamrock presentation the Duchess of Cambridge caught her heel in a grate & had to hang on to Wills to pull it out.

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror
Kate still wearing stilettos despite being five and a half months pregnant, black three inch

Thank you for the link Liv.

At least she did not fall, that would have been disastrous! I don't know how she does it, it can't be comfortable and it is certainly risky as today's event proves. Could she not wear smaller heels?

I think lower heels are on the way!

Thanks for links. Wow her bump looks so much bigger with the green coat, she didn't look this much on the pink short coat. Perhaps its because of the green Emilia Wickstead coat cut.

I don't mind the heels, if she feels comfortable and safe, why not wear them? I would wear them until I felt uncomfortable, besides she's not that huge yet, so she doesn't feel any diference yet. But it could've happened with a smaller heel...but it was a cute momemt anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom