The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
I don't all the fuss that people (who don't know them) calling her by her birth name instead of her nickname. The argument I would see about her thinking she's too good now that she change her name, never made sense to me.

This doesn't matter since Catherine "Kate" said she doesn't care
To her family she has apparently always been Catherine.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
To her family she has apparently always been Catherine.
I read somewhere (don't recall just where) that she didn't become "Kate" until her university days at St. Andrews. Before that, she was always "Catherine" to family and friends.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Courtier

Kate's nickname for William is Big Willy. The photos of William at work showed him with an RAF mug with Big Willy on it. They are going to use the more formal versions of their names when they are giving speeches and such. William used Kate during their engagement interview. He was talking to a little kid in Glassgow so he was less formal than if he was giving a speech.

People magazine had an article in the royal wedding issue with American who lived in same dorm with them at St. Andrews their 1st year. It had a photo of piece of paper wishing the American a happy birthday and it was signed Kate. So she was Kate then before she started dating William. I don't totally believe the Catherine was always Catherine by her family. Is Pippa always Phillipa at home because that her real name? William even called Kate's dad Mike during the engagement interview. I kinda a think it was a push by the palace to refer to her as Catherine but the media still call her Kate Middleton and it been almost 2 years.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps officially she is Catherine, her birth name, but unofficially she is Kate to a majority of people. Princess Margaret never went by her full first name or I don't think she did. And I always assumed George VI family and friends still called him Bertie even after he was king. And what about Harry, has he ever gone by his proper name?
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 04-09-2013, 11:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Kate's nickname for William is Big Willy. The photos of William at work showed him with an RAF mug with Big Willy on it. They are going to use the more formal versions of their names when they are giving speeches and such. William used Kate during their engagement interview. He was talking to a little kid in Glassgow so he was less formal than if he was giving a speech.

People magazine had an article in the royal wedding issue with American who lived in same dorm with them at St. Andrews their 1st year. It had a photo of piece of paper wishing the American a happy birthday and it was signed Kate. So she was Kate then before she started dating William. I don't totally believe the Catherine was always Catherine by her family. Is Pippa always Phillipa at home because that her real name? William even called Kate's dad Mike during the engagement interview. I kinda a think it was a push by the palace to refer to her as Catherine but the media still call her Kate Middleton and it been almost 2 years.
I wonder if this nickname started after he was photographed exposing his...well, willy whilst taking a "pee break" in Africa?
Old 04-10-2013, 06:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Perhaps officially she is Catherine, her birth name, but unofficially she is Kate to a majority of people. Princess Margaret never went by her full first name or I don't think she did. And I always assumed George VI family and friends still called him Bertie even after he was king. And what about Harry, has he ever gone by his proper name?
Last year at the closing ceremony , he was announced as Prince Henry of Wales. In the program for the wedding, he is listed the same way, but I had never heard anybody refer to his real name when talking about him.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:57 AM
Nobility

I doubt she needed to see a picture. And I'd wonder if she really calls him "Big Willy" at home. "Willy" or "Will" by itself, maybe....
Old 04-10-2013, 07:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
I doubt she needed to see a picture. And I'd wonder if she really calls him "Big Willy" at home. "Willy" or "Will" by itself, maybe....
I bet it depends on what they are doing. :)
Old 04-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Majesty

Kate Middleton horrified by plastic 'lookalike' doll on day two of her tartan tour - YouTube
Old 04-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
I wonder if this nickname started after he was photographed exposing his...well, willy whilst taking a "pee break" in Africa?
I somehow doubt it. Having attended several all-boys schools during his childhood, I'd be willing to bet that he's heard the 'Willy' jokes more than once.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I somehow doubt it. Having attended several all-boys schools during his childhood, I'd be willing to bet that he's heard the 'Willy' jokes more than once.
Like father, like son
Old 04-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

a little question, in april wills and kate will have 3 more official events, and until now 4 in june, in some of them kate will use a tiara?
and when the queen will give to kate the orden of the family? all the royalwoman have one, anne, kent, gloucester, sophie, diana and camilla, the only one that never have one was sarah, kate when?
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
elizabeth until now is liibeth for the family, harry in ''officially'' harry for everyone, nobody call him henry. I think catherine will be always kate.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon View Post
a little question, in april wills and kate will have 3 more official events, and until now 4 in june, in some of them kate will use a tiara?
and when the queen will give to kate the orden of the family? all the royalwoman have one, anne, kent, gloucester, sophie, diana and camilla, the only one that never have one was sarah, kate when?
None of the events are tiara events. The BRF don't bring out the tiaras like some of their European counterparts. The only place with the tiaras come out is a State dinner or the opening of parliament. The queen host 2 inbound state visits a year one in the spring and one in the fall

One of the Middle East shiek is coming at the end of April. The Cambridges have not attended these types of state dinners yet. Until they do we are not going to see Kate with a tiara or a family order (they don 't announce a family order unlike a knight hood)
Old 04-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon View Post
If Catherine is up to it, she will be attending several events in June, including the launch of the Royal Princess liner.

I don't think there will be any tiara events in June of the British royal family.

The Royal Family Order is given by The Queen but its not announced publicly. The only way for us to really know Catherine has received the Order is for Catherine to attend an official event where the Order is worn. That would be a State Banquet or Diplomatic Corps Reception.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

thanks so much for yours ansewrs!
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Royal Highness

Not sure if it belongs here since it includes Harry

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 6m
April 26 the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry who will attend the inauguration of Warner Bros. studios Leavesden
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 4m
The royal trio will tour the Harry Potter film set, meet the creative teams from recent productions & host a meeting in Hogwarts Great Hall
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 2m
It's going to be a day of magic for Will, Kate & Harry with a wand lesson in Gryffindor common room & a special effects demo in Diagon Alley

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 6m
The royal trio will host a meeting for their Charities Forum in the Great Hall, one of the original sets from the Harry Potter film series

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 5m
The tour includes visit to the Great Hall;a wand lesson in The Gryffindor Common Room;and a special effects demonstration on Diagon Alley!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

This is one of the biannual meetings that are hosted, in turn, by members of the Forum.

Here is a link to the Royal Charities Forum page on the website

The Prince's Charities Forum

This is part of how they get the charities to work together

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Not sure if it belongs here since it includes Harry

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 6m
April 26 the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry who will attend the inauguration of Warner Bros. studios Leavesden
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 4m
The royal trio will tour the Harry Potter film set, meet the creative teams from recent productions & host a meeting in Hogwarts Great Hall
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 2m
It's going to be a day of magic for Will, Kate & Harry with a wand lesson in Gryffindor common room & a special effects demo in Diagon Alley

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 6m
The royal trio will host a meeting for their Charities Forum in the Great Hall, one of the original sets from the Harry Potter film series

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 5m
The tour includes visit to the Great Hall;a wand lesson in The Gryffindor Common Room;and a special effects demonstration on Diagon Alley!
Sure they will enjoy it, William once confessed he's a huge fan of Harry Potter.
I went there a month ago and believe me that tour is amazing, we feel like we are in the Harry Potter's films. And the prices are not so bad.
If you are a Harry Potter fan I'd recommend you to visit it.
I'm 30 and I loved it. It's not just for children!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

What I find interesting is that the Charities Forum meetings are not normally publicised. Catherine has attended 2 of them and pix have appeared on the royal website but usually this is low key.

MAybe they realise that this aspect of their work needs more publicity although I think, from what I seen so far, people are more interested in the HP aspect, rather than the Charities. But I'm also intrigued to know which member of the Charities Forum has access to Warner Bros HP studio.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Closed Thread