The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Majesty

Very good to see the Strathearn's and the Duke of Rothesay together.

Video:
ARRIVALS AT DUMFRIES HOUSE FOR TAMAR MANOUKIAN CENTRE:
http://royal-lover.tumblr.com/post/4...ouse-for-tamar

From Yesterday:

Old 04-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

LadyCatherine hoped for a red coat yesterday - and she got it today.

Here is how she looked in the same coat on 2006 at Sandhurst: Kate Middleton Prince Williamss Girlfriend And Her Family

Old 04-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Yes, he was. I've seen some gifs where it's clear he was going to kiss but I don't know to which video it belongs
Here is the video Kleines Mädchen lässt Prinz William abblitzen - Royal - People - Unterhaltung - Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen
Old 04-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86;1535885Daily Mail: [URL="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2303918/Check-Kate-looks-chic-tartan-coat-joins-William-visit-sports-centre-Glasgow.html"
Kate's a blooming good sport! Duchess of Cambridge wraps up in a tartan coat as she joins William on visit to stadium in Glasgow[/URL]
As always , it's the pics of the Earl and Countess with kids that I adore!The little girl, almost shoving flowers up Wills nose is too funny!(And her all dressed up in her Cinderella outfit, asking the Prince for a kiss- too adorable!)
Old 04-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Lovely photo of the Earl and some little persons: http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/165...7FO%2bmg%3d%3d

They are so cute when they compete: http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/165...%2fh%2fw%3d%3d
and
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/165...QX%2bfrg%3d%3d

She's just so pretty with cildren: http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/165...m8GKuB9g%3d%3d

Sorry for the gushing. They are just so darn cute and I do so hope they have a great life together.
Love these! Especially the one of Wills listening to the kids- you can tell that he is truly paying attention- listening with his heart, not just his ears.And the pic of him smiling and laughing? Yeah, how can that not bring a smile to your face, and brighten up your day?
Old 04-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Majesty

Old 04-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

They're pretty good ping pong players, wills is a leftie of course.
Kate needs to practice her free throws, maybe doing all of this in flats would help!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Kate Middleton presented wtih lookalike doll during Scotland visit - hellomagazine.com

Prince William and Kate Middleton with Prince Charles to open outdoor centre at Dumfries House in Scotland - hellomagazine.com
Old 04-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Courtier

just seen they were also visiting Barrow and the BAE shipbuilding there today. thought the piece on the news was interesting because at the end it reported that William and Kate didn't stop to meet the people waiting to see them, the BBC news report had interviews with some people not happy - all along the lines of -- "well they met the dignitaries while Joe public stood in thecold...". Just thought it was interesting as it was the first time i've ever heard a bit of a negative piece about Wills and Kate especially from the BBC.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Serene Highness

So I suppose that Dumfries House is not a place that the BRF use as a get away? I understand that it was purchased for its historical value and the furnishings but, would it not be better to use it as a residence for the Earl and Countess? It seems like such a waste to just have it as a tourist attraction although I understand that having tourists helps with the upkeep.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
So I suppose that Dumfries House is not a place that the BRF use as a get away? I understand that it was purchased for its historical value and the furnishings but, would it not be better to use it as a residence for the Earl and Countess? It seems like such a waste to just have it as a tourist attraction although I understand that having tourists helps with the upkeep.
Dumfries House is not owned by the British Royal Family or Prince Charles. In 2007 it was bought by a consortiumm of business and groups including the Scottish government who put up £5 million to the £45 million raised. The Prince's Charities Foundation backed the renovation project with a £20 million pound loan which was repaid by 2010.

This isn't a royal house, and is preserved for people to enjoy.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2h
The Duchess of Cambridge bumped into an old friend from Berkshire - Matthew Lidiard, 27 - during a visit to BAE Systems in Barrow today.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have to admit, I have never really warmed to William. I like him, seems like a great guy but he just wasn't "it" for me. Today, however, after watching some clips of Catherine and himself in Scotland he grew on me a bit. There was a little clip of him babbling and making a little baby smile and it was so cute! I cannot wait to see him with his little baby and I hope he is very hands on with the little one.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love catherine tartan! a great visit really. william giving the girl is sooooooooo adorable, he will be a great father! and so nice see charles with wills and kate
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
As always , it's the pics of the Earl and Countess with kids that I adore!The little girl, almost shoving flowers up Wills nose is too funny!(And her all dressed up in her Cinderella outfit, asking the Prince for a kiss- too adorable!)
That little girl reminded me of someone I worked with several years ago. She had no qualms whatsoever about telling you to 'go away'. Ms. Shona is definitely a piece of work, and she gave Wills a run for his money .

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Love these! Especially the one of Wills listening to the kids- you can tell that he is truly paying attention- listening with his heart, not just his ears.And the pic of him smiling and laughing? Yeah, how can that not bring a smile to your face, and brighten up your day?
Wills and children always makes me smile. He really does listen with his heart, and the children appreciate it.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Courtier

William seems much more relaxed and happy now that he is married . It has to make the royal life easier when you can share it with some else.

I love how W&K take their time with the crowds. It must drive their Private Secretaries nuts when they are trying to keep them on schedule. You saw it on Friday - Charles and William were moving on from the crowds and Kate is talking with them. Rebecca had to go get her and she then quick stepped to catch up with the guys producing the cute moment when Wills put his hand on her back and asked if she was okay
Old 04-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Courtier

Prince William asked: "Is that for me? Is that for Kate?

Read more: Watch 4-year-old Shona Ritchie reject Prince William's kiss

All this fuss about Kate being called Katherine...
Old 04-09-2013, 06:50 AM
Courtier

I'm sure they aren't so formal with each other...to call each other William and Katherine....few couples are.

LaRae
Old 04-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Nobility

I've read that she has a nickname for him, but I don't remember what it is. Also, when she signs her name, she signs it with a "C".... "Catherine".
Old 04-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Courtier

I don't all the fuss that people (who don't know them) have about calling her by her birth name instead of her nickname. The argument I would see about her thinking she's too good now (to be call Kate) that she change her name, never made sense to me.

This doesn't matter since Catherine "Kate" said she doesn't care