Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: March-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I somehow doubt it. Having attended several all-boys schools during his childhood, I'd be willing to bet that he's heard the 'Willy' jokes more than once.
Like father, like son:lol:

a little question, in april wills and kate will have 3 more official events, and until now 4 in june, in some of them kate will use a tiara?
and when the queen will give to kate the orden of the family? all the royalwoman have one, anne, kent, gloucester, sophie, diana and camilla, the only one that never have one was sarah, kate when?

Perhaps officially she is Catherine, her birth name, but unofficially she is Kate to a majority of people. Princess Margaret never went by her full first name or I don't think she did. And I always assumed George VI family and friends still called him Bertie even after he was king. And what about Harry, has he ever gone by his proper name?
elizabeth until now is liibeth for the family, harry in ''officially'' harry for everyone, nobody call him henry. I think catherine will be always kate.

a little question, in april wills and kate will have 3 more official events, and until now 4 in june, in some of them kate will use a tiara?
and when the queen will give to kate the orden of the family? all the royalwoman have one, anne, kent, gloucester, sophie, diana and camilla, the only one that never have one was sarah, kate when?

None of the events are tiara events. The BRF don't bring out the tiaras like some of their European counterparts. The only place with the tiaras come out is a State dinner or the opening of parliament. The queen host 2 inbound state visits a year one in the spring and one in the fall

One of the Middle East shiek is coming at the end of April. The Cambridges have not attended these types of state dinners yet. Until they do we are not going to see Kate with a tiara or a family order (they don 't announce a family order unlike a knight hood)

If Catherine is up to it, she will be attending several events in June, including the launch of the Royal Princess liner.

I don't think there will be any tiara events in June of the British royal family.

The Royal Family Order is given by The Queen but its not announced publicly. The only way for us to really know Catherine has received the Order is for Catherine to attend an official event where the Order is worn. That would be a State Banquet or Diplomatic Corps Reception.

thanks so much for yours ansewrs!

Not sure if it belongs here since it includes Harry

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 6m
April 26 the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry who will attend the inauguration of Warner Bros. studios Leavesden
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 4m
The royal trio will tour the Harry Potter film set, meet the creative teams from recent productions & host a meeting in Hogwarts Great Hall
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 2m
It's going to be a day of magic for Will, Kate & Harry with a wand lesson in Gryffindor common room & a special effects demo in Diagon Alley

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 6m
The royal trio will host a meeting for their Charities Forum in the Great Hall, one of the original sets from the Harry Potter film series

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 5m
The tour includes visit to the Great Hall;a wand lesson in The Gryffindor Common Room;and a special effects demonstration on Diagon Alley!

:previous: This is one of the biannual meetings that are hosted, in turn, by members of the Forum.

Here is a link to the Royal Charities Forum page on the website

The Prince's Charities Forum

This is part of how they get the charities to work together

Not sure if it belongs here since it includes Harry

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 6m
April 26 the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry who will attend the inauguration of Warner Bros. studios Leavesden
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 4m
The royal trio will tour the Harry Potter film set, meet the creative teams from recent productions & host a meeting in Hogwarts Great Hall
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 2m
It's going to be a day of magic for Will, Kate & Harry with a wand lesson in Gryffindor common room & a special effects demo in Diagon Alley

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 6m
The royal trio will host a meeting for their Charities Forum in the Great Hall, one of the original sets from the Harry Potter film series

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 5m
The tour includes visit to the Great Hall;a wand lesson in The Gryffindor Common Room;and a special effects demonstration on Diagon Alley!
Sure they will enjoy it, William once confessed he's a huge fan of Harry Potter.
I went there a month ago and believe me that tour is amazing, we feel like we are in the Harry Potter's films. And the prices are not so bad.
If you are a Harry Potter fan I'd recommend you to visit it.
I'm 30 and I loved it. It's not just for children!

What I find interesting is that the Charities Forum meetings are not normally publicised. Catherine has attended 2 of them and pix have appeared on the royal website but usually this is low key.

MAybe they realise that this aspect of their work needs more publicity although I think, from what I seen so far, people are more interested in the HP aspect, rather than the Charities. But I'm also intrigued to know which member of the Charities Forum has access to Warner Bros HP studio.

More detail from CH

Clarence House‏@ClarenceHouse5m
The visit to @wbpictures will include the "Making of Harry Potter" tour with children supported by Their Royal Highnesses's charities.

plus lots of people

Paul Harrison‏@SkyNewsRoyal11m
#royal 500 guests from #william, #Kate and #Harry's charities will tour Warner Bros. Studios - The Making of Harry Potter #Hogwarts

They all work very well together and I'm looking forward to these engagements.

More detail from CH

Clarence House‏@ClarenceHouse5m
The visit to @wbpictures will include the "Making of Harry Potter" tour with children supported by Their Royal Highnesses's charities.

plus lots of people

Paul Harrison‏@SkyNewsRoyal11m
#royal 500 guests from #william, #Kate and #Harry's charities will tour Warner Bros. Studios - The Making of Harry Potter #Hogwarts

Touring Harry Potter with 2 princes, and a princess, those kids will be in heaven!
And if the Minister of Magic (actor Robert Hardy) shows up, I will be! William, Kate, Harry, and RH are too magical for words on their own with special kids. Together- cannot imagine!

Last edited:
I am glad they know/love HP. I love HP and the royals.

(I am not Half-Blood Princess :), my mother's hungarian surname "Prince". :) )

The Cambridge Baby is Half-Blood Prince/Princess. :)

I am obviously thrilled about this particular visit :) I cannot wait to see pictures!

Touring Harry Potter with 2 princes, and a princess, those kids will be in heaven!
And if the Minister of Magic (actor Robert Hardy) shows up, I will be! William, Kate, Harry, and RH are too magical for words on their own with special kids. Together- cannot imagine!

You and me both! The kids will be in for some serious magic on that day, in more ways than one :D.

I am obviously thrilled about this particular visit :) I cannot wait to see pictures!

Same here! William, Catherine, and Henry with all those children will be an absolute delight. Makes me wish my bunch of preschoolers could participate. They're prince/princess-crazy, and three of them have caught my Anglophilia bug, so it would be such a treat.

I think it's especially cool that their charities forum meeting is going to take place on the set for the Hogwarts Great Hall. Personally, I hope William gets to sit in Dumbledore's chair.

The photos should be amazing.

:)

Well, the DoC are Ambassadors for EVERYthing British, and Harry Potter for sure is VERY British. And: it suites them better as if the Queen would come (wheras: a pic with the queen holding a wand would be priceless as well).
Bye Bine

Please note that all posts regarding Harry Potter and 50 Shades of Grey that have nothing to do with the Cambridges have been deleted as off topic.

Just a reminder- the 29th is next Friday!

:previous:

:whistling: hmmm....I'm not too sure it's next Friday....maybe it's a Monday....:flowers:

Last edited:
Definitely Monday since that's my birthday as well as another noteworthy occasion!;)

Oops- Meant the 26th-Harry Potter is the 26th- next Fri. Catherine's visit to Naomi House Child Hospice is the 29th- the following Monday.The Cambridges are so busy- cannot keep it straight.

You need a calendar to keep track of the Cambridges' hectic schedule now, Roseroyal!

Seriously, the thought has crossed my mind, LOL!

Great, isn't it? We'd better enjoy now, because we know we won't be seeing much of them after the baby Prince or Princess arrives. :)

You need a calendar to keep track of the Cambridges' hectic schedule now, Roseroyal!

That has crossed my mind too, since lately, they've been on the 'go' almost non-stop.

Seriously, the thought has crossed my mind, LOL!

I started making notes in my lesson plan book, to the great amusement of my colleagues. Though they shouldn't be surprised, sinceI did pin a Union Jack to the bulletin board above my desk (my TA added a picture of Wills to that, which has raised questions from various subs that worked in my classroom).

Great, isn't it? We'd better enjoy now, because we know we won't be seeing much of them after the baby Prince or Princess arrives. :)

I'm sure they'll be off the radar in order to bond with their child and get used to the new family dynamic and routine, and I hope people will be understanding, and not complain...too much (no complaints will not happen, so no use to even suggest it).

I imagine we'll get a big announcement relatively soon about their future plans. I'm hoping the increase in their activity lately means they're gearing up to go full time after Kate's maternity leave is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom