William, Catherine and Family: Annual Holiday to Mustique (2012-2015, 2018-2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The media are making it a bigger issue than the palace. All they palace said was they were disappointed and that was that. The only reason a fuss is being made is because the topless photos.

What? No one's mentioned the topless pictures? I disagree that the media are making the issue, they're just printing pictures like they do. We could completely ignore it and not buy the magazines or look at the pictures, but we will.

i read that "Lawyers predict Duchess 'likely to take legal action' over snaps". do you reckon it is something they can win? at the end of the day it's not like the naked pictures, where there was a clear humiliation of kate. this is not unlike publishing pictures of kate going shopping in london or any pictures of royals out and about. of course, if their lawyers think it's possible, then i'm no one to judge.

actually, it may do w+k good. seeing their private pictures become public quite often, if their lawyers get in the habit of taking on lawsuits everytime, their fees will be expensive, meaning that w+k won't have any more money for luxury holidays in mustique (5 million a week? seriously?). hence, no bikini pictures will be possible. problem solved :)

I am sorry, but I don't believe for a minute they will do this.

According to a few of the royal reporters, there has been no talk of legal action.

What? No one's mentioned the topless pictures? I disagree that the media are making the issue, they're just printing pictures like they do. We could completely ignore it and not buy the magazines or look at the pictures, but we will.

I think the media are exaggerating the palace response. The official line is "disappointment" - some of the media are talking "rage".

Same with taking legal action - that is a punt by some media outlet (carlota did not quote the source) - slow news day

I think the media are exaggerating the palace response. The official line is "disappointment" - some of the media are talking "rage".

Same with taking legal action - that is a punt by some media outlet (carlota did not quote the source) - slow news day

I think the media prints what they want people to say, not what they will actually say. Does this make sense? (!!)

I do think they will. The topless picture were a red lines. The tone of the statement is mild compared to France.

If there was a basis for legal action Clarence House would go for it but there isnt. They are expressing disappointment only because that's all they can do. I understand why the British Media wont print the pictures but to expect that the rest of the world follows suit is ridiculous. To them, Wills and Kate are celebrities, nothing more and why would they get special treatment in comparison to other celebrities.

If there was a basis for legal action Clarence House would go for it but there isnt. They are expressing disappointment only because that's all they can do. I understand why the British Media wont print the pictures but to expect that the rest of the world follows suit is ridiculous. To them, Wills and Kate are celebrities, nothing more and why would they get special treatment in comparison to other celebrities.

Excuse my ignorance, but do you think it would be best for these two to completely ignore the press? Is that even possible? I am asking because I am American, so I do not know a lot about the foreign press, and I see you are from Germany.:):)

Is that such a big dela to have photos taken in bikini in a beach???why can se not se those pictures???she was at the beach lime a normal person...to me no big deal...

Is that such a big dela to have photos taken in bikini in a beach???why can se not se those pictures???she was at the beach lime a normal person...to me no big deal...

I would hate to see myself in a bikini in print! JOKEJOKEJOKE

Excuse my ignorance, but do you think it would be best for these two to completely ignore the press? Is that even possible? I am asking because I am American, so I do not know a lot about the foreign press, and I see you are from Germany.:):)

They cannot and should not ignore the press but they should accept that, as public figures, they cannot cry "privacy" every time they are not working in their supposed function, in this case as representatives of the crown (and I am not talking about incidents where a red line has been crossed).

You cannot wear or take off the public figure like a coat, its the full package. Take it or leave it, you cant pick and chose certain parts you like and say the rest is not for me.

In that case I would like to see your bikini-fotos all over the world in every paper and every forum ... how would you feel?

I still believe that everybody has the right to his/her own image and voice! No publications should be legal without consent.

If they represent officially - pictures can be taken - but not on private occasions. No one has a right to follow me around and film or take fotos of every of my movements - thats called harassment and stalking and worse!

Small piece in this morning's Sydney paper about the forthcoming publication of the photos here next week.

It says the pictures show Catherine mingling with other island guests.

It seems, despite the protests about invasion of privacy, the Duchess was happy enough for real, live people to see her bump "in the flesh", so to speak.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Small piece in this morning's Sydney paper about the forthcoming publication of the photos here next week.

It seems, despite the protests about invasion of privacy, the Duchess was happy enough for real, live people to see her bump "in the flesh", so to speak.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

That was a choice she made

It is so sad that people will believe any story writte by the media. There is no evidence that William or Kate is enraged and this new violation of their privacy but already there are people taking magazine articles as gospel. That's like basing all your knowledge on Wikipedia articles.
Also who exactly took the photos? A scum bag pap or a scum bag vacationer?

That's all they are doing. The media is making more of the pictures than William & Catherine and the palace. The media want some royal news and pictures, so they are printing basically the same story over and over again. Adding words and making it seem like there's fire coming out of the Cambridge's ears and eyes.

Gosh, just saw the report that millions of British viewers saw the un-censored cover of "Chi" when one of the TV shows there accidentally broadcast it.

St James Palace must be reeling.

Sun Lion.

So Germany, France and the USA are also going to publish.

Seemed inevitable.

Sun Lion.

Well Ive seen the photos and to be honest I really dont see what the fuss is about. The bikini isnt skimpy and her so called pregnant stomach is hardly noticeable. They are actually quite tasteful.
What I find concerning are the headlines of William trying so hard to protect Catherine from the press (unfortunately exacerbated by Princess Diana).
It must be putting so much stress on him as well as her because Catherine would be looking to him for the lead on how to deal with this invasion of her privacy and I dont think he is handling it well. He doesnt really have a right to get all outraged it just comes with being royal.
Its not a 9-5 job with 4 weeks holidays. Being royal is basically all the time. Now the topless fotos I would definitely defend but these fotos there is nothing wrong with them.

Surely Catherine knew before she married William that she would no longer enjoy the level of privacy that anonymity offers?

Just my thoughts :)

Maybe she needs to pick up the phone and have a chat with mary who seems to have handled the paps well.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

If this is true, then why would she complain about the paps snapping away and selling them to tabloids?

There's been plenty of paparazzi pics of her food shopping in Anglesey or out and about in London, so why would she and William be upset this time? Because she's pregnant? If so, that's silly because her belly will get bigger, this baby will be third in line to the throne, etc.

I really hope these two are not really upset as it is reported to be.

Maybe because other "celebrities" work hard to become such. William and Kate have been made out by the media to be celebrities, but they are not. They have no choice but to be thrust into the limelight. William had the fortune or misfortune, depending on how you look at it, to be born into a royal family that is famous worldwide. On top of that, he had the fortune or misfortune to be the first-born. Kate happened to fall in love with this first-born Royal and desired to marry him. The British Royals understand that they need the goodwill of the media, and so they tolerate being followed around and gossiped about. However, enough is enough. Even a world-famous Royal has a right to privacy.

But in case anyone has missed the previous posts ... neither William nor Kate has made any statement about the pictures being taken or published. And SJP said that it is "disappointed" ... it has not kicked up a fuss.

Well Ive seen the photos and to be honest I really dont see what the fuss is about. The bikini isnt skimpy and her so called pregnant stomach is hardly noticeable. They are actually quite tasteful.
What I find concerning are the headlines of William trying so hard to protect Catherine from the press (unfortunately exacerbated by Princess Diana).
It must be putting so much stress on him as well as her because Catherine would be looking to him for the lead on how to deal with this invasion of her privacy and I dont think he is handling it well. He doesnt really have a right to get all outraged it just comes with being royal.
Its not a 9-5 job with 4 weeks holidays. Being royal is basically all the time. Now the topless fotos I would definitely defend but these fotos there is nothing wrong with them.

Surely Catherine knew before she married William that she would no longer enjoy the level of privacy that anonymity offers?

Just my thoughts :)

Maybe she needs to pick up the phone and have a chat with mary who seems to have handled the paps well.

I agree. Catherine knew what she was getting herself into the minute she started dating William back at St. Andrews'. Besides, she seemed to enjoy the paps during their split back in 2007. At least, to me she did.

As for William, he needs to get over himself. Based on what is being reported, he seems to think he can move heaven and earth to protect his wife, but it is not that easy. Thanks to camera phones, anyone can be paparazzi. We even have ordinary people going on Twitter squealing about how they spotted these two shopping or skiing in Switzerland. Is William going to try to ban camera phones or even censor social media?

Not that I really think he would - I hope not - but it is not that easy to maintain privacy these days. Giving a famous person privacy is a complex issue. It is sad that William's entire life will be spent in a fishbowl, but he has got to find better ways to deal with that.

I think the Palace was wrong to make a statement, It's drawn unnecessary attention to the situation. It would of been better to let it go under the radar. Now everyone will be searching for the pics. :flowers:

Just popping in to say that if I had paid a lot of money for a fancy holiday at a fancy resort, and I was lounging around enjoying myself on the public beach near the fancy resort, and taking photographs of the goings-on on said public beach, and William and Kate were also there on the public beach and were mingling and enjoying themselves on said public beach - or even just walking along said public beach - I would take photographs of them, and if some magazine offered me $150,000 or so for those photographs, you can be damn sure I would sell them. No qualms whatsoever.

William and Kate have been made out by the media to be celebrities, but they are not. They have no choice but to be thrust into the limelight. William had the fortune or misfortune, depending on how you look at it, to be born into a royal family that is famous worldwide.

William had the fortune or misfortune, depending on how you look at it, to be born Diana's son, and that is the reason he and his wife are celebrities no matter how much they don't want to be. And they are celebrities. Diana made herself and her children celebrities. I am fairly sure that if Charles had married Camilla, or Davina Sheffield, or Lady Jane Wellesley, or maybe even Lady Sarah Spencer, instead of Diana, their children would not be attracting the same level of attention from the public and, by extension, the press.

Well, I don't blame William for wanting to protect his wife. That's what us men do naturally. We protect our family and will bite anyones head off who dare mess with our own. William grew up in the royal world, he knows dealing with the media isn't easy and I think he tries to be nice as much as possible.

I think dealing with the paparazzi today is getting hard. These paps don't care about your privacy. They only care about getting the right shot that everyone want to see and sell it for money.

I don't think the royal couple is all that upset as the media is making them out to be. The media crossed the line with the pictures from last year but I'm not sure William & Catherine is pulling their hair out over these pictures. I think the media stretching this story out and putting words into the palace official mouths for effect. It's done to grab the viewers attention and make big headlines. The royal reporters have already said that there's no plans for the palace to seek legal actions over the pictures.

Members of the media is starving for some more royal news and official pictures. This story is all they have to write about at the moment. That's why I said before, the 19th isn't getting here fast enough for some.

Who do they think they are???

Human beings.

What if the next time it's a stalker taking pics of them??

Seriously, we don't have a right to take away every piece of privacy from them. It's ridiculous and inhumane!! We treat animals at a zoo better - they at least get taken out of the public eye if they exhibit distress. Catherine tries to do that, and people accuse her of being lazy.

Well, I don't blame William for wanting to protect his wife. That's what us men do naturally. We protect our family and will bite anyones head off who dare mess with our own.

And that attitude really cheeses me off. Always has; always will. I'd be a lot more sympathetic if I were reading about Kate complaining and threatening legal action. Or, better still, initiating legal action, not just huffing and puffing indignantly. Why does her husband have to be the one doing it? She's a university educated woman who should be standing up for herself. She'd earn some respect from me if she did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom