William, Catherine and Family: Annual Holiday to Mustique (2012-2015, 2018-2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More and more info coming out - photos said to also show sister Pippa with her new boyfriend.

Sun Lion.

Quoting myself here, but I just thought after the above, and my Nicole Kidman comparison, maybe the Australian posters on this forum are more "relaxed" about these photos and those who are less relaxed about them are the British posters, and this is more about our national character - Nicole's approach vs William and Catherine's approach, are just reflections of Aussie vs English attitudes to such things. (Australian's are supposedly known for their easy-going ways.)

Sun Lion.

Yes, I thought so - just saw "Woman's Day" editor Fiona Connelly being quoted as saying "Aussies are a lot more laid back" and the beach is something we're very used to in our everyday life.

She says the British have "a great deal more sensitivity to the Royals", than Australians do.

My reading of the discussion on this forum.

Cheers, Sun Lion. :crown2:

I think the media have to get out of the habit of violating peoples privacy for a quick buck. I don't care if they are celebrities, royalty or regular people from down the street. We have to learn to respect each others right to privacy.

That´s right,I completely agree!
I don´t buy any of these silly gossip papers,that´s the best way to stop this (and also saves you a lot of money that can be spend in a more meaningful way!)

So, the rest of the world just need to study the wonderful, amazing Australian 'psyche' and be more like them? The arrogance is astonishing. If only the rest of us could be so blessed to even try and attain their outstanding approach to life.

Branson's Necker Island suffered a major fire not that long ago. In addition, anyone who knows anything about Richard Branson would realise that there would be no way he'd be able to resist the PR that William and Kate visiting his island would bring. He's an expert in driving press coverage that's advantageous to him.

I feel for the royals if they can't ever holiday anywhere other than Balmoral or Sandringham. I live in NI where the climate is very similar to Scotland. Pretty as it is, in the handful of days per year (in a good year) when it's not freezing cold and raining, the midges make spending any time outside in the countryside almost torturous. Forget bathing in the sea as it's too cold without a wetsuit. There's a reason why millions and millions of Brits head to the Med or the Caribbean or the Middle East for their holidays every year.

So, the rest of the world just need to study the wonderful, amazing Australian 'psyche' and be more like them? The arrogance is astonishing. If only the rest of us could be so blessed to even try and attain their outstanding approach to life.

Branson's Necker Island suffered a major fire not that long ago. In addition, anyone who knows anything about Richard Branson would realise that there would be no way he'd be able to resist the PR that William and Kate visiting his island would bring. He's an expert in driving press coverage that's advantageous to him.

I feel for the royals if they can't ever holiday anywhere other than Balmoral or Sandringham. I live in NI where the climate is very similar to Scotland. Pretty as it is, in the handful of days per year (in a good year) when it's not freezing cold and raining, the midges make spending any time outside in the countryside almost torturous. Forget bathing in the sea as it's too cold without a wetsuit. There's a reason why millions and millions of Brits head to the Med or the Caribbean or the Middle East for their holidays every year.

I don't think anyone is saying anyone else, let alone the rest of the world, need to be more like Australians EIIR.

And perhaps the arrogance you mention is actually resilience.

I'm sure cold, wet weather and midges aren't pleasant, but after the devastating past months Australia has been through with bushfires and floods, a lot of Aussies would probably not worry too much about them, if that was the worse the environment was throwing at them.

Best wishes from Oz, Sun Lion. :flowers:

This desirable Australian 'psyche', would be the one that thinks its acceptable, even 'funny', to hoax call nurses, going about their important work ?

I find itdifficult to love the psyche that does this, and has produced the reptilian Rupert Murdoch.

In my opinion, a tourist taking pictures of the Cambridges is even worse than the paparazzi lurking around with long-range lenses. So this tourist takes a vacation on an island where he/she can be assured there are no photographers and he/she will have a nice, quiet, carefree holiday .... and then that tourist decides to intrude on another vacationer's holiday. Outrageous. But I suppose one must find a way to pay for that expensive stay on an exclusive island.

Yes, I thought so - just saw "Woman's Day" editor Fiona Connelly being quoted as saying "Aussies are a lot more laid back" and the beach is something we're very used to in our everyday life.

She says the British have "a great deal more sensitivity to the Royals", than Australians do.

My reading of the discussion on this forum.

Cheers, Sun Lion. :crown2:

She sounds exactly like the editor of France's Closer in trying to defend their choice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19598120#TWEET227526

im sorry for going off-topic.
but what is the height of William? is Felipe of Spain taller than him?

A couple of points

1. Let's just say that on this Forum there are differences of opinion between some Australians and UK/European and leave it at that.

2. Even if William decided to give up his royal status, there is no way he suddenly becomes an ordinary person. He would have unique status and he and Catherine would still be targeted. Naive to think otherwise.

3. They should have stayed at home

4. He is 6' 4"

^thank you, so Prince Felipe is taller because he is 6' 5½.
it was just curiosity!

I was just reading some Australian sites and it is reported that Kate was on a public beach with other beachgoers. If that's the case, there is no right to privacy, quite different from the French debacle.

More info coming out -

Now appears there are 39 photos. :eek:

Sun Lion.

Just realised how many 39 photos really is.

"Woman's Day" may spread them out across a couple of issues - can't see them printing them all in one 8 to 10 page article in just one edition. Some of the photos are bound to be fairly large, not four or five little ones per page.

May not be "old" news by mid-next week - some may be held back to print along side the official engagement pics when that happens.

Sun Lion.

This desirable Australian 'psyche', would be the one that thinks its acceptable, even 'funny', to hoax call nurses, going about their important work ?

I find itdifficult to love the psyche that does this, and has produced the reptilian Rupert Murdoch.

I believe the poster was simply pointing out that Australians and Britons might have different ways of looking at the situation. (Which may very well be true.) Is it really necessary to denigrate an entire nation because one person has a different opinion than you do?

The issue is more about the management of this phenomenon. The debate is about what each party is doing or not doing to minimize inappropriate exposure...just my two cents.;)

It is exactly that kind of thinking that gives tabs and paps the excuse to do what they want. You are catering to them by accepting what they do as the status quo.

I can't believe we live in a world where it's ok to invade people's privacies- royal/celebrity or not, it's not ok. They're not on the job, they're on a beach. They should be allowed to be left alone, even in public.

This is preciously why I do not and never will buy tabloids or any other magazine that prints photos like this and I do my best to not see the photos. It's a gross invasion of privacy.

Why is it ok to do this just because they're royalty? I don't understand that mode of thinking: well they should expect it, they're famous! So what? They're still people.

Just because it happens doesn't mean its ok.

just my two cents.

I agree. While the royal couple should EXPECT this, it does not make it RIGHT. And who are these people that wait with baited breath for a picture of a pregnant woman? Go for a walk and you will see one LOL. Very odd!

Andolini, you are right, pining to see a pregnant woman's picture is SICK. She is beautiful but her bump will be like millions of other bumps. Same sickness when people want to see Kim Kardashian's bump. It's the equivalent of being mindless gossips. Who is responsible for making the public a mass of mindless gossips?

@QueenVicMirror: Chi magazine says Kate pictures bought from "international photo agency" Australia's Woman's Day says they were taken by member of public

My thoughts are these. The only time it's okay to take pictures at the beach, are ones of your own family having fun. I think it's an invasion or privacy to take someone's picture without their consent/knowledge. Especially while on vacation at this very posh resort in the middle of the ocean.

:previous: I would agree. IMO this is just a case of some sleezebag wanting to pay for their very expensive holiday. In a way, at least the paps are trying to make a living, not just scrounging to pay for their holiday.

My thoughts are these. The only time it's okay to take pictures at the beach, are ones of your own family having fun. I think it's an invasion or privacy to take someone's picture without their consent/knowledge. Especially while on vacation at this very posh resort in the middle of the ocean.

They are public figures on a public beach. Sorry but I don't understand all the fuss over some bikini photos and the "we are disappointed" comments from Clarence House. Who do they think they are??? If all they have to worry about are these pictures then I can't express in words how much out of touch they are with reality. Move on!

They are public figures on a public beach. Sorry but I don't understand all the fuss over some bikini photos and the "we are disappointed" comments from Clarence House. Who do they think they are??? If all they have to worry about are these pictures then I can't express in words how much out of touch they are with reality. Move on!

I'll love to see you say the exact same thing in Catherine shoes! Bet you'd whistle a different tune.
Can I just point out that neither William nor Catherine have said anything about these photos, and it is Clarence House who are disappointed in the magazines who have published these invasive pictures.

I'll love to see you say the exact same thing in Catherine shoes! Bet you'd whistle a different tune.
Can I just point out that neither William nor Catherine have said anything about these photos, and it is Clarence House who are disappointed in the magazines who have published these invasive pictures.

:clap::clap::clap: Very good post. And your avatar is lovely:flowers:

But the royals have been commenting on these type of photos for years. When those beach photos of a 4 months pregnant Diana were published, the palace called it "one of the darkest days in journalism." Also, Diana released statements (and once or twice threatened to sue) when vacation photos of her and the kids were published. And in 1996, she went to the Press Complaints Commission and complained about pictures of her on holiday in France. She also sued and won (I believe) when those gym photos were published. So William's not doing anything new.

IMO, the media is making more out of this than William and Kate. They haven't threated to take on legal action, they just expressed disappointment.

Like one of the royal reporters noted:

Robert Jobson ‏‪@theroyaleditor
Press language/headlines on Kate baby bump pics too strong. Palace expressed "disappointment" not "outrage or fury" - important distinction.

Last edited:

No I wouldn't - don't marry a Prince, especially not Prince William and all the baggage of the past he has been carrying, if you have a problem with media intrusion.

They have been photographed in France on private property, it doesnt take rocket science to figure out that there will be photos from a public beach in Mustique.

Shock, Horror, ITV showed the picture by mistake. Sometimes I think we still live in the middle ages and people would have to fear that Prince Charles will send his troups and throw all those nasty journos in the tower.

Kate Middleton baby bump bikini photos shown on This Morning: Eamonn Holmes apologises to Duchess of Cambridge | Mail Online

I agree with you- didn't William and Catherine initially plan Mustique to be a private holiday, or am I wrong?

No I wouldn't - don't marry a Prince, especially not Prince William and all the baggage of the past he has been carrying, if you have a problem with media intrusion.

Sure, because that solves the tiny problem of being in love with someone. You crack me up sometimes! :lol:

I agree with you- didn't William and Catherine initially plan Mustique to be a private holiday, or am I wrong?

Nope. Mustique has always been a Middleton family event.

The royal news is slow and the press is trying to milk the crapola out of these pictures. The 19th isn't getting here fast enough.

The media are making it a bigger issue than the palace. All they palace said was they were disappointed and that was that. The only reason a fuss is being made is because the topless photos.

i read that "Lawyers predict Duchess 'likely to take legal action' over snaps". do you reckon it is something they can win? at the end of the day it's not like the naked pictures, where there was a clear humiliation of kate. this is not unlike publishing pictures of kate going shopping in london or any pictures of royals out and about. of course, if their lawyers think it's possible, then i'm no one to judge.

actually, it may do w+k good. seeing their private pictures become public quite often, if their lawyers get in the habit of taking on lawsuits everytime, their fees will be expensive, meaning that w+k won't have any more money for luxury holidays in mustique (5 million a week? seriously?). hence, no bikini pictures will be possible. problem solved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom