William, Catherine and Family: Annual Holiday to Mustique (2012-2015, 2018-2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw an "uncensored" copy of Chi's cover, and what looks to be an inside page.

(Blue bikini, not much baby bump, headline of "La Pancia Cresce".)

Photos seem quite close up.

Sorry, still don't know how to link/post photos, but maybe some here would rather not see this, and those that do will be able to find this as easily as I just did.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Last edited:
I think its the PR people overreacting. The French photos was one of Williams red lines. I don't think these are. I really think they probably rolled their eyes and went typical paps. :lol:

well, the same story again, Charles and diana (pregnant of five months with wills) go to bahamas and the photos in the beach was so adorable.
the photos of catherine and william are so sweet.

Code:
[CODE]
[/CODE]
I noticed in the article a line that - in reference to last year's topless/bottomless photos - "William called for the photographer responsible to be jailed".

Is this true? Does anyone remember?

Sorta, but not exactly. William complained to the French police, the magazine that published the pictures was fined, and the last that was heard about the photographer was that he/she was being sought because no one knew exactly who took the pictures. Obviously, the magazine must know, but they obviously weren't talking. On his own, William couldn't do anything more than complain, since it was a French magazine. I don't think he could do anything more than complain in the U.K., either. But naturally, he probably did want to see the photographer jailed, as would any husband whose wife's privacy was invaded.

I would've wanted the photographer jailed too. Taking photos of my wife like that and parading it around the world would've blew my blood pressure up.

Sorta, but not exactly. William complained to the French police, the magazine that published the pictures was fined, and the last that was heard about the photographer was that he/she was being sought because no one knew exactly who took the pictures. Obviously, the magazine must know, but they obviously weren't talking. On his own, William couldn't do anything more than complain, since it was a French magazine. I don't think he could do anything more than complain in the U.K., either. But naturally, he probably did want to see the photographer jailed, as would any husband whose wife's privacy was invaded.

Thank you cinrit. :flowers:

I was laid up with a broken ankle when all the French photos hit the fan, and could only hear the Australian morning TV shows in another room. But that whole episode was a "feast" - top story every day for about a fortnight.

They went quiet when the bottomless photos became known - perhaps that was a bit too much for them.

Oz has a topless beach culture, so topless Kate was only news because it was a Royal, but bottomless was too hot a potato and they didn't run with that.

Not the first British Royal seen topless in an Australian magazine though.

Fergie's famous photos went across several pages and the cover at the time she was caught, and I have seen a censored, (blacked out section), photo of Diana published a few years after she was snapped in Spain.

Also, people seem to have forgotten the photos of a young Lady Helen Windsor, now Taylor, photographed topless in her parent's garden - before she lost weight and was called by that untasteful nickname.

Those photos were run by one of our magazines at the time - (many years ago now).

Sun Lion.

Last edited:
Pictures of Duchess of Cambridge on holiday in a bikini are published by Chi magazine | Mail Online

:sleeping:It must be a stressful life to be disappointed about yet another breach of privacy. Sometimes I am wondering what planet Wills and Kate are living on. They are not Joe Average and will get photographed whenever they are outside. Its a fact and no outcry, gentlemen's agreement or whatever will change that since they are money-producing A-class celebrities for those who don't give a hoot about monarchy.

They live the high life and have enormous privileges and they happen to pay a price for it which is lack of privacy. You can't have it all, can you. Good luck if they plan to go on complaining for the rest of their lives, I'd wish them not to get bitter but I guess they already are. It would be healthier to accept the unavoidable and move on.

oh and I forgot to say - what about covering up if you dont want to reveal your bump to the paps. But no, their logic is to take off clothes or wear a bikini showing a bump first and then cry "privacy" instead of preventing whatever they don't want to be printed in the papers in the first place. They might feel entitled to do it this way but - reality check - we are not living in la-la land.

Spot on Duke!:clap::clap::clap:

(They went quiet when the bottomless photos became known - perhaps that was a bit too much.)
Sun Lion.

Interesting comment. I too noticed that no mention was made about THAT!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that it must be disturbing to feel that the world owns you 24/7 and that people are making money out of your body and your baby. I can imagine how frustrated they feel that unless they lock themselves away they will always be in this position. I don't know of another couple on this position. They are not celebrities; they don't rely on being in the public eye to do their job. All they are asking for is some privacy whilst on holiday.

my thoughts exactly. this twitter world of the continuous news cycle and cameras on every phone must be a horrible fishbowl existence way to live. to think you truly NEVER have any down time. I respect William for trying to establish boundaries and for not going quietly. more than any person on the planet he has lived this fishbowl existence his entire life. If anyone can change the game, it will be him.

There was plenty of mentions about the bottomless photos. In fact, they were published in a Danish magazine. But by the time those pics became known, people were tired of hearing about the story/photos and had moved on.

Whoops sorry, Zonk. I posted this before I saw your post.

Last edited:
A perfect disguise would have been swim fins, goggles and snorkel. Perhaps even some gaily colored water wings! Oh and lets not forget the plastic inflatable life ring around her middle. Perfect for a day at the beach!

I actually think would be an excellent idea.

Seriously.

These two are going to be photographed when they go to places like this. William needs to accept it and not huff and puff about it. They should do their best to secure their privacy in the circumstances, but assume they're going to be photographed and just get on with their holiday. I reckon that if they just went about enjoying themselves, and maybe turned up wearing something silly occasionally, it would show they have a sense of humour and endear more people to them.

Uncensored "Chi" cover broadcast over Australia by morning TV shows - (just put the telly on) - so no power over the situation for St James Palace. People are seeing the photos without having to go looking.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

10.20 am Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time. The tiny, barely discernible, bump you'd never know was a "bump" unless you had been told in adance, is on TV. :D

So she can never walk on a beach again in swimwear? Cannot bathe in the sea?
And neither, it seems can her sister! I think the world has gone mad.

also I don't think they live the high life, they pay a lot of money for privacy when on holiday and it's hasn't worked. Otherwise it's been a house on Anglesey for a number of years.

Ages ago, there were compact beach houses a lady would enter and remove her robes. Servants would move the house (it had poles attached) out into the surf and the lady would remain inside the little tent to bathe in the ocean.
I say we start a kitty fund and chip in to buy Catherine one of these little moveable enclosures. Chi could then print pictures of the tent that enclosed the Duchess.
Ok - I am being silly - but it was a rough day. :lol:

Pictures of Duchess of Cambridge on holiday in a bikini are published by Chi magazine | Mail Online

:sleeping:It must be a stressful life to be disappointed about yet another breach of privacy. Sometimes I am wondering what planet Wills and Kate are living on. They are not Joe Average and will get photographed whenever they are outside. Its a fact and no outcry, gentlemen's agreement or whatever will change that since they are money-producing A-class celebrities for those who don't give a hoot about monarchy.

They live the high life and have enormous privileges and they happen to pay a price for it which is lack of privacy. You can't have it all, can you. Good luck if they plan to go on complaining for the rest of their lives, I'd wish them not to get bitter but I guess they already are. It would be healthier to accept the unavoidable and move on.

oh and I forgot to say - what about covering up if you dont want to reveal your bump to the paps. But no, their logic is to take off clothes or wear a bikini showing a bump first and then cry "privacy" instead of preventing whatever they don't want to be printed in the papers in the first place. They might feel entitled to do it this way but - reality check - we are not living in la-la land.

Spot on.

It would be better if they did just accept it and move on.

There's many a couple going through far greater crises than these two, I will hardly lose sleep that Kate was photographed in her bikini..... again. I refuse to wring my hands over a couple who have a lifetime of financial security through pure luck of the draw, who are in good health, who by all appearances have a healthy fetus, who are surrounding by family and friends who love and care for them. Yes, they can't bathe in the sea without the paps selling their photos. They will never be able to fully control their privacy because their photos are worth serious cash. So it would be far better for them mental healthwise to in fact just shrug their shoulders, count their blessings and move on, and teach that little baby she's carrying the same thing.

When you think about it, Will and Kate had to have known that the first photos of that bump would be worth some serious cash. And they were all too aware that chosing to go to Mustique at this point in her pregnancy, the bikini photos would be far too tempting for any pap. If the photos in France had told them anything, it's that paps will break and law and risk jail time for the price they fetch.

I personally find that Will's parents had FAR GREATER invasions of their own privacies, such as the recordings of phone conversations with their respective lovers. If Will and Kate think these photos are cause for embarrassment, they should ask Dad about that "tampon" reference...... :whistling:

and the fact that they are never allowed to forget it

I adore Catherine and William, and I am probably going to get a bit of heat for saying this but...
After the pics of their honeymoon and the pics in Provance (and the pics of Wills and Co. with body boards in Anglesey, and all all the photos of them shopping or leaving a club) do they or any of us really believe that they have privacy outside the gates of the Palaces and the walls of their homes?
And given the cell phone tapping scandal, they have to be aware that home may not be all that secure as well.
I'm not saying it's RIGHT - I'm saying it's REALITY.
It really is a cruddy job being a British royal, you know?

Off to watch TV....:D

Just saw Rob Jobson explaining Chi's headline as "the belly grows".

(On "Sunrise" show I recorded earlier this morning - just catching up with it.)

AfricanAUSSIE don't forget this may turn up on tonight's "A Current Affair" or "Today Tonight" - their sort of story.

Cheers, Sun Lion. :auflag:

P.S. tone of the Australian's reporting is that the Palace is making too big a deal out of it - just "nice" , "flattering" photos.

Last edited:
P.S. tone of the Australian's reporting is that the Palace is making too big a deal out of it - just "nice" , "flattering" photos.

Yeah. If they'd just shrug and get on with their holiday, and maybe - here's a radical thought - maybe even smile in the direction of the paps, life would be a bit easier for them; less stress. The media wouldn't lose interest, but if W&K gave the impression they didn't care, it would make the chase less interesting and improve W&K's image.

I adore Catherine and William, and I am probably going to get a bit of heat for saying this but...
After the pics of their honeymoon and the pics in Provance (and the pics of Wills and Co. with body boards in Anglesey, and all all the photos of them shopping or leaving a club) do they or any of us really believe that they have privacy outside the gates of the Palaces and the walls of their homes?
And given the cell phone tapping scandal, they have to be aware that home may not be all that secure as well.
Well maybe they thought they could get privacy on a private island where no paps are allowed.

I agree - it is a cruddy job and very few people cut them any slack. I spent a short part of my career in the public eye and the day I stopped the relief - I can't describe how it felt. But I had a choice, lived with it for a while and could escape - no chance for these 2.

Yeah. If they'd just shrug and get on with their holiday, and maybe - here's a radical thought - maybe even smile in the direction of the paps, life would be a bit easier for them; less stress. The media wouldn't lose interest, but if W&K gave the impression they didn't care, it would make the chase less interesting and improve W&K's image.

Diana did just that and they still continued to chase her. Photos of William, Kate and Harry sell. Setting up photo sessions or pretending they don't care, is not going to stop the photographers from chasing them on vacation, or in their every day life. For the rest of their lives, they and their children are going to be media magnets.

At the same time, having St. James issue statements won't stop photographers either. Their best bet, is to just some how figure out a way to deal with the madness, because the press coverage will only continue to grow as they take up full-time duties.

Last edited:
....because the press coverage will only continue to grow as they take up full-time duties.

Its no wonder they are reluctant to turn over any more of their life.
I think their only chance for true privacy (especially with their family) will be Brittania II. Reportedly that is where HM truly felt on vacation.

Spot on.

It would be better if they did just accept it and move on.

There's many a couple going through far greater crises than these two, I will hardly lose sleep that Kate was photographed in her bikini..... again. I refuse to wring my hands over a couple who have a lifetime of financial security through pure luck of the draw, who are in good health, who by all appearances have a healthy fetus, who are surrounding by family and friends who love and care for them. Yes, they can't bathe in the sea without the paps selling their photos. They will never be able to fully control their privacy because their photos are worth serious cash. So it would be far better for them mental healthwise to in fact just shrug their shoulders, count their blessings and move on, and teach that little baby she's carrying the same thing.

When you think about it, Will and Kate had to have known that the first photos of that bump would be worth some serious cash. And they were all too aware that chosing to go to Mustique at this point in her pregnancy, the bikini photos would be far too tempting for any pap. If the photos in France had told them anything, it's that paps will break and law and risk jail time for the price they fetch.

I personally find that Will's parents had FAR GREATER invasions of their own privacies, such as the recordings of phone conversations with their respective lovers. If Will and Kate think these photos are cause for embarrassment, they should ask Dad about that "tampon" reference...... :whistling:

Spot on Giraffe!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Just saw Rob Jobson explaining Chi's headline as "the belly grows".

(On "Sunrise" show I recorded earlier this morning - just catching up with it.)

AfricanAUSSIE don't forget this may turn up on tonight's "A Current Affair" or "Today Tonight" - their sort of story.

Cheers, Sun Lion. :auflag:

ABC is not reporting it at all, as usual only commercial TV news. And they are lovely photos...couldn't expect better if they had posed!;)

So "flattering photos" are ok are they?

As a comparison Roslyn check the cover of this week's "New Idea".

Nicole Kidman and husband papped swimming at Sydney's Balmoral beach last week and no fuss about it - (and yet both very aware of their public image and how to sell themselves always looking their best.)

Sun Lion.

(And I think the number of times Nicole has been photographed swimming in Sydney, this is a genuine paparazzi moment caught by those following them about, hoping for just such a chance - not a publicity setup.) :sun:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom