William, Catherine and Family: Annual Holiday to Mustique (2012-2015, 2018-2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[
oh and I forgot to say - what about covering up if you dont want to reveal your bump to the paps. But no, their logic is to take off clothes or wear a bikini showing a bump first and then cry "privacy" instead of preventing whatever they don't want to be printed in the papers in the first place. They might feel entitled to do it this way but - reality check - we are not living in la-la land.

Yeah because wearing a snowsuit on the beach makes total sense! Might as well not have gone on holiday at all, bet that would make the most sense to you? Looks like Catherine and William aren't the only ones living in la-la land!

I don't get the want for a baby bump picture, she's four months along an I can't see anything but a perfectly flat stomach. In fact she looks good, healthy in the sun. They've gone on holiday, I personally don't agree with it, however Catherine should be allowed to wear what she likes on holiday in a hot country.

of course she can. but there will be photos, we've been here before. time to move on instead of all these clarence house statements about their disappointment. its like a broken record.

Monarchy is a broken record. Monarchy is the same thing over and over and over for years. Clarence House can say what they like about incredibly invasive pictures taken of the second in line to the throne and his wife. You are right that they are in the public eye and the press can do what they like, that doesn't make the act any less right.

Last edited:
Yeah because wearing a snowsuit on the beach makes total sense! Might as well not have gone on holiday at all, bet that would make the most sense to you? Looks like Catherine and William aren't the only ones living in la-la land!

I don't get the want for a baby bump picture, she's four months along an I can't see anything but a perfectly flat stomach. In fact she looks good, healthy in the sun. They've gone on holiday, I personally don't agree with it, however Catherine should be allowed to wear what she likes on holiday in a hot country.

Nicely put :):):):)

Chi is not the only magazine that will be publishing the photos.

phil dampier ‏@phildampier: The pix of Kate on Mustique have not only been sold in Italy but several other countries and will appear all over world.

oh and I forgot to say - what about covering up if you dont want to reveal your bump to the paps. But no, their logic is to take off clothes or wear a bikini showing a bump first and then cry "privacy" instead of preventing whatever they don't want to be printed in the papers in the first place. They might feel entitled to do it this way but - reality check - we are not living in la-la land.

Well she is about to go swimming in the ocean, so what else (besides a bathing suit) is she supposed to wear? As to the first part, they were at a private home on private land, miles and miles away from the (rarely used) road. They had an expectation of privacy and it's not their fault that some creeper with a lens took photos.

Last edited:
Chi is not the only magazine that will be publishing the photos.

phil dampier ‏@phildampier: The pix of Kate on Mustique have not only been sold in Italy but several other countries and will appear all over world.

Well she is about to go swimming in the ocean, so what else (besides a bathing suit) is she supposed to wear? As to the first part, they were at a private home on private land, miles and miles away from the (rarely used) road. They had an expectation of privacy and it's not their fault that some creeper with a lens took photos.

A perfect disguise would have been swim fins, goggles and snorkel. Perhaps even some gaily colored water wings! Oh and lets not forget the plastic inflatable life ring around her middle. Perfect for a day at the beach!

A perfect disguise would have been swim fins, goggles and snorkel. Perhaps even some gaily colored water wings! Oh and lets not forget the plastic inflatable life ring around her middle. Perfect for a day at the beach!

You are very witty!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: She should add a big floppy sun hat to complete this disguise.

Last edited:
I applaud William and Kate for living life on their own terms. There's no reason on earth why Kate - and Pippa - shouldn't wear bikinis on a public beach.

Sorry, folks. The world is what it is. They now share some responsibility in their angst. It might be a private accommodation, but it's not a private island and it is not a private ocean that surrounds the island.

If they don't want to be constantly riled up about infringement of their privacy, they need to buy their own island.

They're just too whiney.

I, for one, look forward to the new photos.

Sorry, folks. The world is what it is. They now share some responsibility in their angst. It might be a private accommodation, but it's not a private island and it is not a private ocean that surrounds the island.

If they don't want to be constantly riled up about infringement of their privacy, they need to buy their own island.

They're just too whiney.

I, for one, look forward to the new photos.

Then some would complain they bought an island. Can royals even buy an island??

My goodness! They are either slow learners, or very, very, stubborn. Either way, neither one of them is very bright.

They had an expectation of privacy? On planet earth in 2013? I don't think so.

My goodness! They are either slow learners, or very, very, stubborn. Either way, neither one of them is very bright.

What sort of life does one lead as a photographer that requires him or her to skulk around like a second rate Sherlock Holmes hoping to get a picture of a pregnant woman in a bikini??? This is just pathetic and laughable.

Yes they could if they had the money. But you are right, people would have a kidney stone about the money being spent on a island.

What they need to do is make friends (I am sure they already are) with someone who already owns an island, and use that island for their vacation purposes. Doesn't Branson own an island? But I don't think they are really good friends with the father, just Holly and Sam.

If they want to go on vacation with the Middletons (and why wouldn't they) they need to pick a new place. And do it like the honeymoon, don't announce where you are going until you get back.

Yes, Catherine and William are both quite rich in their own right and would be welcome to buy their own Island. However there would initial be cries of taxpayers money like usual, but honestly makes quite a bit of sense to me.

Seriously? You're bringing an intelligence argument into this? :lol::lol:

Yes they could if they had the money. But you are right, people would have a kidney stone about the money being spent on a island.

What they need to do is make friends (I am sure they already are) with someone who already owns an island, and use that island for their vacation purposes. Doesn't Branson own an island? But I don't think they are really good friends with the father, just Holly and Sam.

If they want to go on vacation with the Middletons (and why wouldn't they) they need to pick a new place. And do it like the honeymoon, don't announce where you are going until you get back.

Except when they get to say Necker Island, which is owned by Richard Branson, there are beaches next to water where pictures can be taken just like the ones we apparently have got today. I'm pretty sure if William and Catherine wanted to holiday, Branson would have no objections. Wasn't PMargaret out there occasionally?

As for the "announcement" no announcement was made, it was a rumour that was confirmed by hotel staff on the Island when William and Pippa were seen. Mustique seems to be a family destination for the couple, and it looks like a beautiful place to holiday. Whilst I agree changing location every year might be suitable, the hotel staff does not guarantee you secrecy.

Last edited:

What they need to do is make friends with someone who already owns an island, and use that island for their vacation purposes.

Very good point:flowers:

Royals can buy islands same as anyone else. And I would definitely be among those who complained.
Not that buying an island would have solved anything though; the paparazzi would just hire a boat and wait until the "right" moment.

Perhaps William is going to take a leaf out of Prss Caroline's book - so to speak, and become quite litigious with the media. Perhaps in the hope they will eventually back off. Trouble is any photo of this sort is worth big money, and therefore the paps will continue to take the risk.

What sort of life does one lead as a photographer that requires him or her to skulk around like a second rate Sherlock Holmes hoping to get a picture of a pregnant woman in a bikini??? This is just pathetic and laughable.

But apparently a very financially rewarding life.

But apparently a very financially rewarding life.

Just my opinion, but rewarding does not necessarily involve money. But that's just me. I often find the most rewarding things come with no price tag:)

Just my opinion, but rewarding does not necessarily involve money. But that's just me. I often find the most rewarding things come with no price tag:)
\\Perhaps, but they don't fill your bank account, buy you a house or feed, clothe and educate your children at good schools. That takes money, and if A$400,000 is what a bikini pic is going for that buys a lot of food and pays a lot of school fees.

Unfortunately there were pictures taken (and published) of them on their honeymoon. So announcing after the fact does no good either. They also didn't announce they were going to France, but someone at the airport tipped the photographer off.

Branson's island may be a possibility, but I don't know if he could prevent photographers from renting a boat and taking photos from there. Which is how these new photos of W&K seemed to have been taken.

It's sad to say, but the only way that William and Kate might be able to avoid photographers, is if they stay on one of the Queen's properties. Otherwise, they are just going to have to deal with the paps taking photos of them on vacation.

Last edited:
Well, then, they just need to vacation at Bognor.

They also didn't announced they were going to Mustique

MAybe theQueen could have a word with the Italian president next month?
:whistling: :lol:

Code:
[CODE]
[/CODE]
Pictures of Duchess of Cambridge on holiday in a bikini are published by Chi magazine | Mail Online

:sleeping:It must be a stressful life to be disappointed about yet another breach of privacy. Sometimes I am wondering what planet Wills and Kate are living on. They are not Joe Average and will get photographed whenever they are outside. Its a fact and no outcry, gentlemen's agreement or whatever will change that since they are money-producing A-class celebrities for those who don't give a hoot about monarchy.

They live the high life and have enormous privileges and they happen to pay a price for it which is lack of privacy. You can't have it all, can you. Good luck if they plan to go on complaining for the rest of their lives, I'd wish them not to get bitter but I guess they already are. It would be healthier to accept the unavoidable and move on.

Thanks for the link to "Mail Online" Duke Of Marmalade.

(In their excitement about it all, they've relocate Mustique from the Carribean to the Mediterranean in one of their headlines!)

I noticed in the article a line that - in reference to last year's topless/bottomless photos - "William called for the photographer responsible to be jailed".

Is this true? Does anyone remember?

If so, it makes him seem out of touch with the rest of the world. The days of "off with their heads" are long gone.

The only power the Royal couple have in these situations is not to provide the opportunity, and if they don't want to forgo certain activities where they are at risk, they need to show some grace and not pay public attention to it.

"Never complain, never explain" used to be said of the Royal Family, and that credo served them well as appearing "Royal" and above it all.

I agree with those posting that statements from St James just bring them down to the level of the publishers, paparazzi etc., doesn't look regal at all.

Cheers, Sun Lion. :corgi::coach::crown2:

Last edited:
I can't imagine that W&K are really that upset about these photos. Certainly not surprised, anyway. I imagine they were making wagers amongst the family about how quickly the photos would surface and having a laugh about it. I would, or else risk going beserk with the futility of it in this day and age.

The paps took holiday photos of Diana, now W n K and they will be taking photos when their children go on holiday:whistling::whistling::whistling:....thats life if you are the BRF, hence the Queen KNOWS how to privatise her holiday:p:p:p

I think that it must be disturbing to feel that the world owns you 24/7 and that people are making money out of your body and your baby. I can imagine how frustrated they feel that unless they lock themselves away they will always be in this position. I don't know of another couple on this position. They are not celebrities; they don't rely on being in the public eye to do their job. All they are asking for is some privacy whilst on holiday.

I can't imagine that W&K are really that upset about these photos. Certainly not surprised, anyway. I imagine they were making wagers amongst the family about how quickly the photos would surface and having a laugh about it. I would, or else risk going beserk with the futility of it in this day and age.

Totally agree with you windsorgirl! I seriously doubt W&K are that upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom