Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: September 2012-February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay!! More engagements.

I admit that I am selfishly hoping the DoC decides not to reup with the S&R so he and the duchess can do more engagements.

Yay!! More engagements.

I admit that I am selfishly hoping the DoC decides not to reup with the S&R so he and the duchess can do more engagements.

Duchess of Durham, I'm also hoping they will become full-time royals within the new year. I think they will do just fine.

Last edited:
All indications point to the fact that in the spring of 2013 , TRH will become full-time royals. The Royal couple will be moving into KP. Many changes have been made to their staff

The Prince of Wales - Changes to the Household Office of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry

I don't think those changes indicate to any time frame or any indication that they'll become full time working royals next year. I doubt Henry will.

We know William has to choose the SAR or Royal life next year, if he's got the opportunity to work for another 2 years and nothing has happened family wise, I think he'll take it with the approval of his father and grandmother.

I don't think those changes indicate to any time frame or any indication that they'll become full time working royals next year. I doubt Henry will.

We know William has to choose the SAR or Royal life next year, if he's got the opportunity to work for another 2 years and nothing has happened family wise, I think he'll take it with the approval of his father and grandmother.

Thank you for correcting me
For me , all the changes to the Cambridges's household point to the fact that they are going to become full-time royals starting in 2013

Last edited:
Well, we just have to wait and see what will happen.

As Duke-of-Earl pointed out, the fact that William and Kate now have their own private secretaries suggests to me that they will become more active royals in the short term. If things were going to stay as they are for a few more years, I think their household would have remained as it was before this restructure of staff.

Add another person to the list of those excited to see more engagements for Their Highnesses. They're pros at working the crowds and bring those that get to meet them a great deal of joy.

As Duke-of-Earl pointed out, the fact that William and Kate now have their own private secretaries suggests to me that they will become more active royals in the short term. If things were going to stay as they are for a few more years, I think their household would have remained as it was before this restructure of staff.

Yes, I agree. Indications are that they will have a more active role in the upcoming year.

I'm looking forward to that, if it is the case. It will be interesting to watch Catherine grow in her role, independently.

I also think Princes Harry and William have a strong desire to control their own "brand." As the Princes grew up, if I remember, the Prince of Wales had staff, but less independence from BP in general. The strong structure we see today at Claridge House was in its infancy. The leaks, apparent infighting betwixt the general BP staff and Charles' followers as he married resulted in mixed messages and eventually, Charles moving his staff to CH.

I think all learned from the experience and it did not surprise me when the Princes and Catherine announced they had established their own office.

Harry and William - even as/if they continue full time in the military, in some ways need a support staff MORE than a full time royal. I would imagine scheduling for Prince William - around his odd military schedule has been very difficult this year. With Prince Harry on active duty, he has almost no time for the next four months - with a lot of business that just keeps needing attention. That's what trusted staff are for.

I also think Princes Harry and William have a strong desire to control their own "brand." As the Princes grew up, if I remember, the Prince of Wales had staff, but less independence from BP in general. The strong structure we see today at Claridge House was in its infancy. The leaks, apparent infighting betwixt the general BP staff and Charles' followers as he married resulted in mixed messages and eventually, Charles moving his staff to CH.

I think all learned from the experience and it did not surprise me when the Princes and Catherine announced they had established their own office.

Harry and William - even as/if they continue full time in the military, in some ways need a support staff MORE than a full time royal. I would imagine scheduling for Prince William - around his odd military schedule has been very difficult this year. With Prince Harry on active duty, he has almost no time for the next four months - with a lot of business that just keeps needing attention. That's what trusted staff are for.

Agreed.

I think we're seeing the seeds of change that will define Charles' Monarchy, long live the Queen. A more businesslike approach to the administration of their institution and duties. I think your use of the word "brand" is spot-on. Whatever inflection we give it, branding is an important aspect of anyone in public life ... you know the expression, you make your own brand or the world will make one for you.

I'd love to see Harry have an active public life.

British Royals@britishroyals
According to USA Today William and Kate will meet with law scholars at Middle Temple in London today (October 8), via @HRHDuchessKate

The Duke of Cambridge is a Bencher at Middle Temple.

When you think about it, that title is kind of off. Will and Kate were very much in public on their tour when this whole fiasco started. :D

I think we are going to see their day to day appearances increase. Their full court at KP will get under way in 2013. All the new staff have been hired or promoted. I think there is NO chance William stays in the RAF past May.

Last edited:
The Duchess will fly solo on Wednesday as William will attend the funeral of Olga Powell his nanny.

That's very nice of William taking the time to attend Olga's funeral. Must mean a lot to him that his wife will carry on while he do this.

Last edited:
The media is exaggerating again:bang:. That is no toughest test. The duchess has already overcome hers during the royal tour. They are just finding an excuse to mention the topless scandal in their reports:ermm:

I agree the media overdoes it. However, I would "feel" for my spouse and "feel" my duty in a new way if we missed a public outing together so that he could attend the funeral of someone he had deep childhood feelings for. One would naturally want to be together for each other. It is one of those "Stay Strong and Carry on" choices. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom