The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 02:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

That's all what's happening. The media is blowing the story out of proportion. I think they should drop the story now.

They will have another story to report on when William & Catherine and Harry get back to their official engagements.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
CH onkly expressed dissappointment, which in itself, IMO, was unnecessary.
and hopefully they see what's come out of it and learn to shut up the next time unless they do indeed consider legal action.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
and hopefully they see what's come out of it and learn to shut up the next time unless they do indeed consider legal action.
"Shut up"??

I don't think it's quite this simple. I think they have to comment otherwise it looks like acceptance. It may be part of a ritual, if you like, but it has to be done. Otherwise, people will say that they can't complain because they "shut up" last time.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Security:
IF you believe last year's DM article about the Middleton Mustique holiday, the Middletons borrow a 3-5 BR resort from a friend. It is called Aurora. You can see it here - down to a floor plan and video tour: Mustique - Aurora

I'm amazed at the amount of public info out there about the property used (if you believe the DM) by the wife of the future king. There's detailed info about all the properties on the island. Even if you believe very little in the DM articles (this and last year) - it does seem likely they would be staying at a larger property. Go ahead and search the Mustique Company site - there are few 5 BR properties and it is not hard to guess where they might be staying.

It does make me wonder how the palace security folk prepare to protect the Duke and Duchess when they visit here. Wow - just wow!
Old 02-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness

If Mustique is a desired warm weather destination for W&K and their family, it wont surprise me if they purchase a home there - one with a private beach ... where they can put the private walls. Perhaps they may try and re-purchase Les Jolies Eaux - Pss Margaret's former home - I'm sure that was built with heavy security in mind. It appears they only way they will get the privacy and security their desire is to own it like at Balmoral or Sandringham.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm not surprised because I thought that these properties are for holiday rents. floor plans would be a standard feature. How secure they are would be determined by access.

Im not sure that they will be going again!!

Old 02-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
"Shut up"??

I don't think it's quite this simple. I think they have to comment otherwise it looks like acceptance. It may be part of a ritual, if you like, but it has to be done. Otherwise, people will say that they can't complain because they "shut up" last time.
cepe- you're right. The tabloid press (and I mainly enjoy their product) is like a toddler. You've got to tell them every single time.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
"Shut up"??

If they keep on commenting on something that has become common sense (as a public figure you will be photographed when out in public, no matter if you are on duty or not) people will become more and more annoyed because they have other problems that are pressing them and the royals show themselves more and more out of touch and it won't do William and Kate any favours. Instead of crying out privacy all the time, they should be out and about and make use of their extremely priviledged position.

A bit off topic but I believe that in the very long run (I am not talking about lifetime of the TRF members) this will be the downfall of monarchies, the next generations not willing any longer to pay the price of being public figures (lack of privacy, constant scrutiny), apart from simply not being up to the demands/task/expectations.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
If they keep on commenting on something that has become common sense (as a public figure you will be photographed when out in public, no matter if you are on duty or not) people will become more and more annoyed because they have other problems that are pressing them and the royals show themselves more and more out of touch and it won't do William and Kate any favours. Instead of crying out privacy all the time, they should be out and about and make use of their extremely priviledged position.

A bit off topic but I believe that in the very long run (I am not talking about lifetime of the TRF members) this will be the downfall of monarchies, the next generations not willing any longer to pay the price of being public figures (lack of privacy, constant scrutiny), apart from simply not being up to the demands/task/expectations.
I agree with this 101% If this is all Will and Kate are seen complaining about, if this is all they have to complain about, how does the average person searching futilely for a job feel about Will and Kate? Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt did it right; release the first photos of their twins themselves, and then donate the extraordinary amount of money to a worthy charity.

I agree that monarchies will not be voted out, it's members will simply leave for the reasons stated by Duke above.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Nobility

Well, again, William and Kate have not complained. They haven't said anything at all.

That said, it probably would have been a lot better if SJP hadn't released that statement. Still, it's a little rude to say they should "shut up".
Old 02-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
If your not fan why are you on The Royals Forums.

I'm very much interested in history, in traditions, in culture, in art, I love to see jewels and stunning gowns; I'm very interested in ceremonies as such - and so on do I qualify for being around here?

As a public relation officer I am also interested how people react to news and stories in the media - and I'm often very much taken by surprise, that after all people know how the media distort or make up stories, they are still a lot believed - against better judgement (or so I feel).
Old 02-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

To the people who insist WnK are up in arms about this I would like to understand what is going on in your head. No where was it said that either of them are upset or are taking action. So why this desire to paint William in particular as livid over this situation and some kind of bully?
As for just accepting this crap because they are rich and have nice lives, what is the deal with this mentality? Because someone has money they should just lie back and accept people using them and invading their lives? These are human beings not zoo animals! Not expressing opposition to such actions would come off as accepting them; and no matter what a few jealous magazine readers feel about my life of luxury, I would never accept being treated like an animal because people think I'm a celebrity.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 02-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Surely you jest. I would never pass up an opportunity to snap a future Queen of England in a bikini, pregnant or not. I can't say that I would not offer it for sale, either.

If we can't be honest, we can't be anything.
In the spirit of honesty then, would you ask permission, first seeing as they are not "at work" I.e. not on an official visit for the Crown? If not, what bad manners ! And then to sell such pictures.....
Old 02-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Serene Highness

They aren't at work when they are pictured out shopping or she's watching him play polo etc but the media in the UK publish these so why didn't they publish the holiday or the Christmas day pics? there is no difference. The only ones that were controversial IMO were those topless ones. Really don't know what the big fuss is. Maybe they don't like getting there pics taken but life isn't perfect for anyone and as long as the pics are't embarrassing or hurtful it's nothing to the inconveniences most people in the world have to endure.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Gentry

This is the same media "scrum" that is subject to the Leveson Inquiry regarding their "ethical practices", yes?
Old 02-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Gentry

I don't think anyone finds the idea of bikini photos distasteful, but it must be pretty annoying not even to be able to walk along a beach on holiday without photos being taken of you and ending up on the front pages of magazines.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Security:
IF you believe last year's DM article about the Middleton Mustique holiday, the Middletons borrow a 3-5 BR resort from a friend. It is called Aurora. You can see it here - down to a floor plan and video tour: Mustique - Aurora
Did anyone notice the contact details for Aurora?

UK Office
pippa@mustique

Old 02-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post

Did anyone notice the contact details for Aurora?

UK Office
pippa@mustique.vc
Tel +44 207 201 6831

Is posting that information allowed on these boards? Everywhere else I post frowns on the posting of email addresses and phone numbers.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
A couple of points

1. Let's just say that on this Forum there are differences of opinion between some Australians and UK/European and leave it at that.

2. Even if William decided to give up his royal status, there is no way he suddenly becomes an ordinary person. He would have unique status and he and Catherine would still be targeted. Naive to think otherwise.

3. They should have stayed at home

4. He is 6' 4"
I agree with 1/2/3 &4,but I believe they also deserve holydays like everyone else

at 2.:If they became private citizens they would lose most of the protection&bodyguards,the press would be even more intrusive than now-If you remember,Diana has been much more followed after her divorce but didnt believe she needs so much security,which was a mistake (I know its a futile comment but I still find it very sad that she passed away)
. Helen Keller
Old 02-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that key royals would have protection for ever. Like ex prime ministers and presidents. Diana should never have turned down the protection offered.

Closed Thread