The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
My thoughts are these. The only time it's okay to take pictures at the beach, are ones of your own family having fun. I think it's an invasion or privacy to take someone's picture without their consent/knowledge. Especially while on vacation at this very posh resort in the middle of the ocean.
They are public figures on a public beach. Sorry but I don't understand all the fuss over some bikini photos and the "we are disappointed" comments from Clarence House. Who do they think they are??? If all they have to worry about are these pictures then I can't express in words how much out of touch they are with reality. Move on!

Old 02-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

They are public figures on a public beach. Sorry but I don't understand all the fuss over some bikini photos and the "we are disappointed" comments from Clarence House. Who do they think they are??? If all they have to worry about are these pictures then I can't express in words how much out of touch they are with reality. Move on!
I'll love to see you say the exact same thing in Catherine shoes! Bet you'd whistle a different tune.
Can I just point out that neither William nor Catherine have said anything about these photos, and it is Clarence House who are disappointed in the magazines who have published these invasive pictures.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'll love to see you say the exact same thing in Catherine shoes! Bet you'd whistle a different tune.
Can I just point out that neither William nor Catherine have said anything about these photos, and it is Clarence House who are disappointed in the magazines who have published these invasive pictures.
Very good post. And your avatar is lovely
Old 02-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
But the royals have been commenting on these type of photos for years. When those beach photos of a 4 months pregnant Diana were published, the palace called it "one of the darkest days in journalism." Also, Diana released statements (and once or twice threatened to sue) when vacation photos of her and the kids were published. And in 1996, she went to the Press Complaints Commission and complained about pictures of her on holiday in France. She also sued and won (I believe) when those gym photos were published. So William's not doing anything new.

IMO, the media is making more out of this than William and Kate. They haven't threated to take on legal action, they just expressed disappointment.

Like one of the royal reporters noted:

Robert Jobson ‏‪@theroyaleditor
Press language/headlines on Kate baby bump pics too strong. Palace expressed "disappointment" not "outrage or fury" - important distinction.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
No I wouldn't - don't marry a Prince, especially not Prince William and all the baggage of the past he has been carrying, if you have a problem with media intrusion.

They have been photographed in France on private property, it doesnt take rocket science to figure out that there will be photos from a public beach in Mustique.

Shock, Horror, ITV showed the picture by mistake. Sometimes I think we still live in the middle ages and people would have to fear that Prince Charles will send his troups and throw all those nasty journos in the tower.

Kate Middleton baby bump bikini photos shown on This Morning: Eamonn Holmes apologises to Duchess of Cambridge | Mail Online
Old 02-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
My thoughts are these. The only time it's okay to take pictures at the beach, are ones of your own family having fun. I think it's an invasion or privacy to take someone's picture without their consent/knowledge. Especially while on vacation at this very posh resort in the middle of the ocean.
I agree with you- didn't William and Catherine initially plan Mustique to be a private holiday, or am I wrong?

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

No I wouldn't - don't marry a Prince, especially not Prince William and all the baggage of the past he has been carrying, if you have a problem with media intrusion.
Sure, because that solves the tiny problem of being in love with someone. You crack me up sometimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post

I agree with you- didn't William and Catherine initially plan Mustique to be a private holiday, or am I wrong?
Nope. Mustique has always been a Middleton family event.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

The royal news is slow and the press is trying to milk the crapola out of these pictures. The 19th isn't getting here fast enough.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Nope. Mustique has always been a Middleton family event.
Thanks for the info.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Courtier

The media are making it a bigger issue than the palace. All they palace said was they were disappointed and that was that. The only reason a fuss is being made is because the topless photos.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Majesty

i read that "Lawyers predict Duchess 'likely to take legal action' over snaps". do you reckon it is something they can win? at the end of the day it's not like the naked pictures, where there was a clear humiliation of kate. this is not unlike publishing pictures of kate going shopping in london or any pictures of royals out and about. of course, if their lawyers think it's possible, then i'm no one to judge.

actually, it may do w+k good. seeing their private pictures become public quite often, if their lawyers get in the habit of taking on lawsuits everytime, their fees will be expensive, meaning that w+k won't have any more money for luxury holidays in mustique (5 million a week? seriously?). hence, no bikini pictures will be possible. problem solved :)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
The media are making it a bigger issue than the palace. All they palace said was they were disappointed and that was that. The only reason a fuss is being made is because the topless photos.
What? No one's mentioned the topless pictures? I disagree that the media are making the issue, they're just printing pictures like they do. We could completely ignore it and not buy the magazines or look at the pictures, but we will.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i read that "Lawyers predict Duchess 'likely to take legal action' over snaps". do you reckon it is something they can win? at the end of the day it's not like the naked pictures, where there was a clear humiliation of kate. this is not unlike publishing pictures of kate going shopping in london or any pictures of royals out and about. of course, if their lawyers think it's possible, then i'm no one to judge.

actually, it may do w+k good. seeing their private pictures become public quite often, if their lawyers get in the habit of taking on lawsuits everytime, their fees will be expensive, meaning that w+k won't have any more money for luxury holidays in mustique (5 million a week? seriously?). hence, no bikini pictures will be possible. problem solved :)
I am sorry, but I don't believe for a minute they will do this.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

According to a few of the royal reporters, there has been no talk of legal action.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What? No one's mentioned the topless pictures? I disagree that the media are making the issue, they're just printing pictures like they do. We could completely ignore it and not buy the magazines or look at the pictures, but we will.
I think the media are exaggerating the palace response. The official line is "disappointment" - some of the media are talking "rage".

Same with taking legal action - that is a punt by some media outlet (carlota did not quote the source) - slow news day

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I think the media are exaggerating the palace response. The official line is "disappointment" - some of the media are talking "rage".

Same with taking legal action - that is a punt by some media outlet (carlota did not quote the source) - slow news day
I think the media prints what they want people to say, not what they will actually say. Does this make sense? (!!)
Old 02-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Courtier

I do think they will. The topless picture were a red lines. The tone of the statement is mild compared to France.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

If there was a basis for legal action Clarence House would go for it but there isnt. They are expressing disappointment only because that's all they can do. I understand why the British Media wont print the pictures but to expect that the rest of the world follows suit is ridiculous. To them, Wills and Kate are celebrities, nothing more and why would they get special treatment in comparison to other celebrities.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
If there was a basis for legal action Clarence House would go for it but there isnt. They are expressing disappointment only because that's all they can do. I understand why the British Media wont print the pictures but to expect that the rest of the world follows suit is ridiculous. To them, Wills and Kate are celebrities, nothing more and why would they get special treatment in comparison to other celebrities.
Excuse my ignorance, but do you think it would be best for these two to completely ignore the press? Is that even possible? I am asking because I am American, so I do not know a lot about the foreign press, and I see you are from Germany.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Is that such a big dela to have photos taken in bikini in a beach???why can se not se those pictures???she was at the beach lime a normal person...to me no big deal...