The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1501  
Old 02-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
My thoughts are these. The only time it's okay to take pictures at the beach, are ones of your own family having fun. I think it's an invasion or privacy to take someone's picture without their consent/knowledge. Especially while on vacation at this very posh resort in the middle of the ocean.
They are public figures on a public beach. Sorry but I don't understand all the fuss over some bikini photos and the "we are disappointed" comments from Clarence House. Who do they think they are??? If all they have to worry about are these pictures then I can't express in words how much out of touch they are with reality. Move on!
__________________

  #1502  
Old 02-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

They are public figures on a public beach. Sorry but I don't understand all the fuss over some bikini photos and the "we are disappointed" comments from Clarence House. Who do they think they are??? If all they have to worry about are these pictures then I can't express in words how much out of touch they are with reality. Move on!
I'll love to see you say the exact same thing in Catherine shoes! Bet you'd whistle a different tune.
Can I just point out that neither William nor Catherine have said anything about these photos, and it is Clarence House who are disappointed in the magazines who have published these invasive pictures.
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1503  
Old 02-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Andolini's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'll love to see you say the exact same thing in Catherine shoes! Bet you'd whistle a different tune.
Can I just point out that neither William nor Catherine have said anything about these photos, and it is Clarence House who are disappointed in the magazines who have published these invasive pictures.
Very good post. And your avatar is lovely
  #1504  
Old 02-13-2013, 02:03 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 3,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
They are public figures on a public beach. Sorry but I don't understand all the fuss over some bikini photos and the "we are disappointed" comments from Clarence House. Who do they think they are??? If all they have to worry about are these pictures then I can't express in words how much out of touch they are with reality. Move on!
But the royals have been commenting on these type of photos for years. When those beach photos of a 4 months pregnant Diana were published, the palace called it "one of the darkest days in journalism." Also, Diana released statements (and once or twice threatened to sue) when vacation photos of her and the kids were published. And in 1996, she went to the Press Complaints Commission and complained about pictures of her on holiday in France. She also sued and won (I believe) when those gym photos were published. So William's not doing anything new.

IMO, the media is making more out of this than William and Kate. They haven't threated to take on legal action, they just expressed disappointment.

Like one of the royal reporters noted:

Robert Jobson ‏‪@theroyaleditor
Press language/headlines on Kate baby bump pics too strong. Palace expressed "disappointment" not "outrage or fury" - important distinction.
  #1505  
Old 02-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'll love to see you say the exact same thing in Catherine shoes! Bet you'd whistle a different tune.
Can I just point out that neither William nor Catherine have said anything about these photos, and it is Clarence House who are disappointed in the magazines who have published these invasive pictures.
No I wouldn't - don't marry a Prince, especially not Prince William and all the baggage of the past he has been carrying, if you have a problem with media intrusion.

They have been photographed in France on private property, it doesnt take rocket science to figure out that there will be photos from a public beach in Mustique.

Shock, Horror, ITV showed the picture by mistake. Sometimes I think we still live in the middle ages and people would have to fear that Prince Charles will send his troups and throw all those nasty journos in the tower.

Kate Middleton baby bump bikini photos shown on This Morning: Eamonn Holmes apologises to Duchess of Cambridge | Mail Online
  #1506  
Old 02-13-2013, 02:15 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
My thoughts are these. The only time it's okay to take pictures at the beach, are ones of your own family having fun. I think it's an invasion or privacy to take someone's picture without their consent/knowledge. Especially while on vacation at this very posh resort in the middle of the ocean.
I agree with you- didn't William and Catherine initially plan Mustique to be a private holiday, or am I wrong?
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #1507  
Old 02-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

No I wouldn't - don't marry a Prince, especially not Prince William and all the baggage of the past he has been carrying, if you have a problem with media intrusion.
Sure, because that solves the tiny problem of being in love with someone. You crack me up sometimes!


Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post

I agree with you- didn't William and Catherine initially plan Mustique to be a private holiday, or am I wrong?
Nope. Mustique has always been a Middleton family event.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1508  
Old 02-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,505
The royal news is slow and the press is trying to milk the crapola out of these pictures. The 19th isn't getting here fast enough.
  #1509  
Old 02-13-2013, 02:29 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Nope. Mustique has always been a Middleton family event.
Thanks for the info.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #1510  
Old 02-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ipswich, United Kingdom
Posts: 775
The media are making it a bigger issue than the palace. All they palace said was they were disappointed and that was that. The only reason a fuss is being made is because the topless photos.
  #1511  
Old 02-13-2013, 02:58 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,378
i read that "Lawyers predict Duchess 'likely to take legal action' over snaps". do you reckon it is something they can win? at the end of the day it's not like the naked pictures, where there was a clear humiliation of kate. this is not unlike publishing pictures of kate going shopping in london or any pictures of royals out and about. of course, if their lawyers think it's possible, then i'm no one to judge.

actually, it may do w+k good. seeing their private pictures become public quite often, if their lawyers get in the habit of taking on lawsuits everytime, their fees will be expensive, meaning that w+k won't have any more money for luxury holidays in mustique (5 million a week? seriously?). hence, no bikini pictures will be possible. problem solved :)
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #1512  
Old 02-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
The media are making it a bigger issue than the palace. All they palace said was they were disappointed and that was that. The only reason a fuss is being made is because the topless photos.
What? No one's mentioned the topless pictures? I disagree that the media are making the issue, they're just printing pictures like they do. We could completely ignore it and not buy the magazines or look at the pictures, but we will.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1513  
Old 02-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Andolini's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i read that "Lawyers predict Duchess 'likely to take legal action' over snaps". do you reckon it is something they can win? at the end of the day it's not like the naked pictures, where there was a clear humiliation of kate. this is not unlike publishing pictures of kate going shopping in london or any pictures of royals out and about. of course, if their lawyers think it's possible, then i'm no one to judge.

actually, it may do w+k good. seeing their private pictures become public quite often, if their lawyers get in the habit of taking on lawsuits everytime, their fees will be expensive, meaning that w+k won't have any more money for luxury holidays in mustique (5 million a week? seriously?). hence, no bikini pictures will be possible. problem solved :)
I am sorry, but I don't believe for a minute they will do this.
  #1514  
Old 02-13-2013, 03:04 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 3,555
According to a few of the royal reporters, there has been no talk of legal action.
  #1515  
Old 02-13-2013, 03:04 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
What? No one's mentioned the topless pictures? I disagree that the media are making the issue, they're just printing pictures like they do. We could completely ignore it and not buy the magazines or look at the pictures, but we will.
I think the media are exaggerating the palace response. The official line is "disappointment" - some of the media are talking "rage".

Same with taking legal action - that is a punt by some media outlet (carlota did not quote the source) - slow news day
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #1516  
Old 02-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Andolini's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I think the media are exaggerating the palace response. The official line is "disappointment" - some of the media are talking "rage".

Same with taking legal action - that is a punt by some media outlet (carlota did not quote the source) - slow news day
I think the media prints what they want people to say, not what they will actually say. Does this make sense? (!!)
  #1517  
Old 02-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ipswich, United Kingdom
Posts: 775
I do think they will. The topless picture were a red lines. The tone of the statement is mild compared to France.
  #1518  
Old 02-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,061
If there was a basis for legal action Clarence House would go for it but there isnt. They are expressing disappointment only because that's all they can do. I understand why the British Media wont print the pictures but to expect that the rest of the world follows suit is ridiculous. To them, Wills and Kate are celebrities, nothing more and why would they get special treatment in comparison to other celebrities.
  #1519  
Old 02-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Andolini's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
If there was a basis for legal action Clarence House would go for it but there isnt. They are expressing disappointment only because that's all they can do. I understand why the British Media wont print the pictures but to expect that the rest of the world follows suit is ridiculous. To them, Wills and Kate are celebrities, nothing more and why would they get special treatment in comparison to other celebrities.
Excuse my ignorance, but do you think it would be best for these two to completely ignore the press? Is that even possible? I am asking because I am American, so I do not know a lot about the foreign press, and I see you are from Germany.
  #1520  
Old 02-13-2013, 03:16 PM
biboquinhas's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Portugal, Portugal
Posts: 3,116
Is that such a big dela to have photos taken in bikini in a beach???why can se not se those pictures???she was at the beach lime a normal person...to me no big deal...
__________________

__________________
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE provides food for an animal in a shelter or sanctuary. Feed an animal in need, click for free.http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
albania ascot 2016 best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit birthday christening of prince alexander coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge fashion poll fashion suggestions jewels king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy morgan multiple births murdoch new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 paris picture of the week prince charles princess charlene outfits princess estelle princess marie princess marie hats princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess sofia princess stephanie queen frederika queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania fashion queen silvia replica september 2016 state visit succession sweden the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara wedding dresses


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises