The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 12:12 AM
Courtier

How does SJP saying they are disappointed turn into a hissy fit? I have no clue

Old 02-13-2013, 12:29 AM
Serene Highness

Why are people fascinated with Kate's bump in a bikini? It would be more interesting in maternity clothes. In any case, bumps look pretty much alike, don't they? If one is long waisted like Kate, the bump will be less shelflike in early stages, but it will look like a million other bumps on long-waisted women. It is NOT the interesting part of Kate. The public is the idiot here, not the RF or the press, the public which wants to see the Duchess's bump which will be like a million other women's bumps.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:45 AM
Courtier

I can't believe we live in a world where it's ok to invade people's privacies- royal/celebrity or not, it's not ok. They're not on the job, they're on a beach. They should be allowed to be left alone, even in public.

This is preciously why I do not and never will buy tabloids or any other magazine that prints photos like this and I do my best to not see the photos. It's a gross invasion of privacy.

Why is it ok to do this just because they're royalty? I don't understand that mode of thinking: well they should expect it, they're famous! So what? They're still people.

Just because it happens doesn't mean its ok.

just my two cents.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:49 AM
Gentry

As I said before: cockatoo/budgerigar cage lining is all those rags are good for.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
I can't believe we live in a world where it's ok to invade people's privacies- royal/celebrity or not, it's not ok. They're not on the job, they're on a beach. They should be allowed to be left alone, even in public.

This is preciously why I do not and never will buy tabloids or any other magazine that prints photos like this and I do my best to not see the photos. It's a gross invasion of privacy.

Why is it ok to do this just because they're royalty? I don't understand that mode of thinking: well they should expect it, they're famous! So what? They're still people.

just my two cents.
I don't think anyone here believes it is OK that the Paps are so invasive, rather that it is a fact that celebrities must deal with and negotiate as best as they can. Again, not OK but if one is to survive one must navigate the best one can until such a time as when the Paps stop what they do - not likely right? At least I am not seeing it happening in my lifetime!

The issue is more about the management of this phenomenon. The debate is about what each party is doing or not doing to minimize inappropriate exposure...just my two cents.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post

just my two cents.
Perfectly stated!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillian View Post
As I said before: cockatoo/budgerigar cage lining is all those rags are good for.
And owned by a German company - "Bauer" - since September last year Trillian. "Woman's Day" is in European hands now.

Just saw the early evening news on Channel 9 and they are showing the censored/blacked out version of the Chi cover.

Wonder if this is because Woman's Day is publishing them - Channel 9 and Woman's Day used to belong to the same company. Next Monday will tell.

(Un-censored Chi photos were on Channel 7 this morning - used to be associated with New Idea, may still be.)

Sun Lion.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
I can't imagine that W&K are really that upset about these photos. Certainly not surprised, anyway. I imagine they were making wagers amongst the family about how quickly the photos would surface and having a laugh about it. I would, or else risk going beserk with the futility of it in this day and age.
Lmao, that's what I'm thinking. Though a bet about which scum mag is going to publish the next photos wouldn't be good because it always seems to be the same one.
Anyway no one has proven that William or Kate are throwing a hissy fit over these pix. And to all those saying they should just deal with the invasion of their privacy I wonder how dismissive of their feelings you would be if William said screw it and gave up his title, claim to the throne and just lived as a private citizen for the rest of his life.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 02-13-2013, 04:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
And owned by a German company - "Bauer" - since September last year Trillian. "Woman's Day" is in European hands now.

Just saw the early evening news on Channel 9 and they are showing the censored/blacked out version of the Chi cover.

Wonder if this is because Woman's Day is publishing them - Channel 9 and Woman's Day used to belong to the same company. Next Monday will tell.

(Un-censored Chi photos were on Channel 7 this morning - used to be associated with New Idea, may still be.)

Sun Lion.
Quoting myself again. (Channel 9 promoting "their" magazine, Channel 7 not helping out the competition.)

Just saw the main 6.00pm news bulletins here in Australia and "Woman's Day" has purchased all the photos and will be publishing "the full album" next Monday.

Channel 9 had this as news in their bulletin.

Channel 7 only covered the Chi part in their report.

"Woman's Day" editor Fiona Connelly was interviewed - "public beach", "other holiday-makers" etc. - perhaps suggesting no paparazzi were involved.

They showed the staff dummying up the cover.

Saw a different photo of Kate, side on, with her hands lifting up her hair as she walks through the surf.

She looks quite pregnant at that angle. Certainly much "bigger" than the honeymoon photos generally, and caught by the camera arching her back a bit so that probably emphasises the "bump".

By this time next week, (Wedneday evening here), this will be "old" news - if that is any comfort to anyone.

Cheers, Sun Lion.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Quoting myself again. (Channel 9 promoting "their" magazine, Channel 7 not helping out the competition.)

Just saw the main 6.00pm news bulletins here in Australia and "Woman's Day" has purchased all the photos and will be publishing "the full album" next Monday.

Channel 9 had this as news in their bulletin.

Channel 7 only covered the Chi part in their report.

"Woman's Day" editor Fiona Connelly was interviewed - "public beach", "other holiday-makers" etc. - perhaps suggesting no paparazzi were involved.

They showed the staff dummying up the cover.

Saw a different photo of Kate, side on, with her hands lifting up her hair as she walks through the surf.

She looks quite pregnant at that angle. Certainly much "bigger" than the honeymoon photos generally, and caught by the camera arching her back a bit so that probably emphasises the "bump".

By this time next week, (Wedneday evening here), this will be "old" news - if that is any comfort to anyone.

Cheers, Sun Lion.
Just scanned the net - saying "Woman's Day" only paid $150,000, (Australian), after "furious" bidding against other magazine/s and that they were taken by a tourist - (which would explain why they seem pretty close up and don't look "grainy").

Sun Lion.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Just scanned the net - saying "Woman's Day" only paid $150,000, (Australian), after "furious" bidding against other magazine/s and that they were taken by a tourist - (which would explain why they seem pretty close up and don't look "grainy").

Sun Lion.
In the future they really will have to rent a whole island... So while Mustique tried all to close the shore to paps, other guests there took the opportunity to make some quick bucks. Great! Goes to show how greedy the world has become and people who holiday surely so not need any extra money.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Lmao, that's what I'm thinking. Though a bet about which scum mag is going to publish the next photos wouldn't be good because it always seems to be the same one.
Anyway no one has proven that William or Kate are throwing a hissy fit over these pix. And to all those saying they should just deal with the invasion of their privacy I wonder how dismissive of their feelings you would be if William said screw it and gave up his title, claim to the throne and just lived as a private citizen for the rest of his life.
I would certainly have more respect for him if he did give up his title et all.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post

I would certainly have more respect for him if he did give up his title et all.
Oh you've got to be kidding me. You'd rather see the British monarchy either cease to exist or go through the PR crisis of Prince William choosing to renounce his titles? That seems very, very shortsighted.

Some of you genuinely seem to believe that William and Kate owe it to the press to smile and wave and keep quiet no matter how the press treats them. Those photos were taken with a log lens probably from a boat and on an island with very strict privacy laws. The camera was probably so far away they could not see the photographer.

Can some of you at least admit that it would be incredibly unnerving to live your whole life knowing that at any moment, a totally unseen photographer might get an image of you without your knowledge and broadcast it to the world? That even though William and Kate expect their privacy to be disrupted, they still have the right to register their objections to it when it happens?
Old 02-13-2013, 05:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
That even though William and Kate expect their privacy to be disrupted, they still have the right to register their objections to it when it happens?
I think this is exactly the point. W&C must accept that this comes with their position but they on the other hand have the right to tell the public that for them it is hurtful. I have yet to see the pics as I don't look for them but I have no doubt we will see a young woman in a bikini with a little baby bump. Woa! Never seen anything like that!

There is absolutely no need for these pics to be published other than to feed the greed of some people to get as close as they can to people they "admire" - a form of stalking in anonimity on buying these rags. I applaud William and Catherine for voicing their side of the story as loud as they can!

Maybe this will make some people start to think what is being done to them and change their behaviour from buying to non-buying, for this is the only coin in which magazine rate their morals.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:17 AM
Gentry

Women's magazines and morals? :roflol:
Old 02-13-2013, 06:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Oh you've got to be kidding me. You'd rather see the British monarchy either cease to exist or go through the PR crisis of Prince William choosing to renounce his titles? That seems very, very shortsighted.
How so Hermione?
Old 02-13-2013, 07:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Sun Lion.
More info coming out - "Woman's Day" outbid not only "New Idea", but also "Who" for the right to publish.

Now appears there are 39 photos.

Sun Lion.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:42 AM
Royal Highness

I'm really hating the column inches being devoted to this, but I will wade in with a comment nonetheless. Over the years there have been quite a few pics published of Katherine and Will on holiday - swimming/sunbathing . Indeed pics of Kate in her white bikini from a few holidays back have appeared in quite a few reputable publications - I guess they didn't like it, but I don't recall until last year's topless photos, there was a real outcry/statement from St. James. Much as I dislike these "snoopers" & admit I would hate it in their shoes, I don't see why these latest pics are deemed a particularly dreadful example of intrusion just because Kate is pregnant. Pregnant women don't "disappear" because of their condition - Kate I gather is in appropriate swimming attire and behaving as one would walking along a beach ....
Old 02-13-2013, 07:42 AM
Majesty

I think the media should calm down about these pictures. I'm not imagining William & Catherine pulling their hair out over the pictures. Then again, I guess this happens when the royal news is slow and the lack of patience for royal appearences.

I think everything will calm down when Catherine start up her official engagements and her and William are out and about again.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:48 AM
Courtier

[QUOTE=HRHHermione;1516480] "Those photos were taken with a log lens probably from a boat and on an island with very strict privacy laws. The camera was probably so far away they could not see the photographer".

Hi HRHHermione - info is now coming out that the photos - 39 of them - were taken by a fellow holiday maker while the Middletons were chatting to people around them.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Closed Thread