The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakieanne View Post
My goodness! They are either slow learners, or very, very, stubborn. Either way, neither one of them is very bright.

They had an expectation of privacy? On planet earth in 2013? I don't think so.
What sort of life does one lead as a photographer that requires him or her to skulk around like a second rate Sherlock Holmes hoping to get a picture of a pregnant woman in a bikini??? This is just pathetic and laughable.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andolini View Post
Then some would complain they bought an island. Can royals even buy an island??
Yes they could if they had the money. But you are right, people would have a kidney stone about the money being spent on a island.

What they need to do is make friends (I am sure they already are) with someone who already owns an island, and use that island for their vacation purposes. Doesn't Branson own an island? But I don't think they are really good friends with the father, just Holly and Sam.

If they want to go on vacation with the Middletons (and why wouldn't they) they need to pick a new place. And do it like the honeymoon, don't announce where you are going until you get back.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Yes, Catherine and William are both quite rich in their own right and would be welcome to buy their own Island. However there would initial be cries of taxpayers money like usual, but honestly makes quite a bit of sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakieanne View Post
My goodness! They are either slow learners, or very, very, stubborn. Either way, neither one of them is very bright.

They had an expectation of privacy? On planet earth in 2013? I don't think so.
Seriously? You're bringing an intelligence argument into this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Yes they could if they had the money. But you are right, people would have a kidney stone about the money being spent on a island.

What they need to do is make friends (I am sure they already are) with someone who already owns an island, and use that island for their vacation purposes. Doesn't Branson own an island? But I don't think they are really good friends with the father, just Holly and Sam.

If they want to go on vacation with the Middletons (and why wouldn't they) they need to pick a new place. And do it like the honeymoon, don't announce where you are going until you get back.
Except when they get to say Necker Island, which is owned by Richard Branson, there are beaches next to water where pictures can be taken just like the ones we apparently have got today. I'm pretty sure if William and Catherine wanted to holiday, Branson would have no objections. Wasn't PMargaret out there occasionally?

As for the "announcement" no announcement was made, it was a rumour that was confirmed by hotel staff on the Island when William and Pippa were seen. Mustique seems to be a family destination for the couple, and it looks like a beautiful place to holiday. Whilst I agree changing location every year might be suitable, the hotel staff does not guarantee you secrecy.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:

What they need to do is make friends with someone who already owns an island, and use that island for their vacation purposes.

Very good point
Old 02-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Royals can buy islands same as anyone else. And I would definitely be among those who complained.
Not that buying an island would have solved anything though; the paparazzi would just hire a boat and wait until the "right" moment.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Serene Highness

Perhaps William is going to take a leaf out of Prss Caroline's book - so to speak, and become quite litigious with the media. Perhaps in the hope they will eventually back off. Trouble is any photo of this sort is worth big money, and therefore the paps will continue to take the risk.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What sort of life does one lead as a photographer that requires him or her to skulk around like a second rate Sherlock Holmes hoping to get a picture of a pregnant woman in a bikini??? This is just pathetic and laughable.
But apparently a very financially rewarding life.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
But apparently a very financially rewarding life.
Just my opinion, but rewarding does not necessarily involve money. But that's just me. I often find the most rewarding things come with no price tag
Old 02-12-2013, 04:39 PM
Courtier

I went on Chi they put the topless pics up from last summer.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Just my opinion, but rewarding does not necessarily involve money. But that's just me. I often find the most rewarding things come with no price tag
\\Perhaps, but they don't fill your bank account, buy you a house or feed, clothe and educate your children at good schools. That takes money, and if A$400,000 is what a bikini pic is going for that buys a lot of food and pays a lot of school fees.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
I went on Chi they put the topless pics up from last summer.
Did you expect anything less?
Old 02-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:

Unfortunately there were pictures taken (and published) of them on their honeymoon. So announcing after the fact does no good either. They also didn't announce they were going to France, but someone at the airport tipped the photographer off.

Branson's island may be a possibility, but I don't know if he could prevent photographers from renting a boat and taking photos from there. Which is how these new photos of W&K seemed to have been taken.

It's sad to say, but the only way that William and Kate might be able to avoid photographers, is if they stay on one of the Queen's properties. Otherwise, they are just going to have to deal with the paps taking photos of them on vacation.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, then, they just need to vacation at Bognor.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Courtier

They also didn't announced they were going to Mustique
Old 02-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

MAybe theQueen could have a word with the Italian president next month?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Pictures of Duchess of Cambridge on holiday in a bikini are published by Chi magazine | Mail Online

It must be a stressful life to be disappointed about yet another breach of privacy. Sometimes I am wondering what planet Wills and Kate are living on. They are not Joe Average and will get photographed whenever they are outside. Its a fact and no outcry, gentlemen's agreement or whatever will change that since they are money-producing A-class celebrities for those who don't give a hoot about monarchy.

They live the high life and have enormous privileges and they happen to pay a price for it which is lack of privacy. You can't have it all, can you. Good luck if they plan to go on complaining for the rest of their lives, I'd wish them not to get bitter but I guess they already are. It would be healthier to accept the unavoidable and move on.

oh and I forgot to say - what about covering up if you dont want to reveal your bump to the paps. But no, their logic is to take off clothes or wear a bikini showing a bump first and then cry "privacy" instead of preventing whatever they don't want to be printed in the papers in the first place. They might feel entitled to do it this way but - reality check - we are not living in la-la land.
Thanks for the link to "Mail Online" Duke Of Marmalade.

(In their excitement about it all, they've relocate Mustique from the Carribean to the Mediterranean in one of their headlines!)

I noticed in the article a line that - in reference to last year's topless/bottomless photos - "William called for the photographer responsible to be jailed".

Is this true? Does anyone remember?

If so, it makes him seem out of touch with the rest of the world. The days of "off with their heads" are long gone.

The only power the Royal couple have in these situations is not to provide the opportunity, and if they don't want to forgo certain activities where they are at risk, they need to show some grace and not pay public attention to it.

"Never complain, never explain" used to be said of the Royal Family, and that credo served them well as appearing "Royal" and above it all.

I agree with those posting that statements from St James just bring them down to the level of the publishers, paparazzi etc., doesn't look regal at all.

Cheers, Sun Lion.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Courtier

I can't imagine that W&K are really that upset about these photos. Certainly not surprised, anyway. I imagine they were making wagers amongst the family about how quickly the photos would surface and having a laugh about it. I would, or else risk going beserk with the futility of it in this day and age.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Nobility

The paps took holiday photos of Diana, now W n K and they will be taking photos when their children go on holiday....thats life if you are the BRF, hence the Queen KNOWS how to privatise her holiday
Old 02-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that it must be disturbing to feel that the world owns you 24/7 and that people are making money out of your body and your baby. I can imagine how frustrated they feel that unless they lock themselves away they will always be in this position. I don't know of another couple on this position. They are not celebrities; they don't rely on being in the public eye to do their job. All they are asking for is some privacy whilst on holiday.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
I can't imagine that W&K are really that upset about these photos. Certainly not surprised, anyway. I imagine they were making wagers amongst the family about how quickly the photos would surface and having a laugh about it. I would, or else risk going beserk with the futility of it in this day and age.
Totally agree with you windsorgirl! I seriously doubt W&K are that upset.

Closed Thread