The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Unfortunately I just saw the cover/photos on my tumblr dashboard. It's too bad that they weren't able to have a peaceful holiday without the paps stalking them.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Courtier

As I predicted a few days ago alas I think my post was deleted. A foreign magazine will publish the pics with a front cover. sigh! But to be honest I am not sure if W+K will ever be left alone by the press. They sure deserve it but I think privacy is an illusion in their case.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Unfortunately I just saw the cover/photos on my tumblr dashboard. It's too bad that they weren't able to have a peaceful holiday without the paps stalking them.
So have I and it's so far away you can't even tell if it's them. Also - no bump.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

I actually see a bump. At least in the photo of her turned sideways..it's small, but it's definitely a bump. She's only 4 months, so I don't expect it to be huge yet.

Since the cover image is so small, it's hard to tell it's them, but I imagine they may be more recognizable when the full size (and other pictures) are released.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Pictures of Duchess of Cambridge on holiday in a bikini are published by Chi magazine | Mail Online

It must be a stressful life to be disappointed about yet another breach of privacy. Sometimes I am wondering what planet Wills and Kate are living on. They are not Joe Average and will get photographed whenever they are outside. Its a fact and no outcry, gentlemen's agreement or whatever will change that since they are money-producing A-class celebrities for those who don't give a hoot about monarchy.

They live the high life and have enormous privileges and they happen to pay a price for it which is lack of privacy. You can't have it all, can you. Good luck if they plan to go on complaining for the rest of their lives, I'd wish them not to get bitter but I guess they already are. It would be healthier to accept the unavoidable and move on.

oh and I forgot to say - what about covering up if you dont want to reveal your bump to the paps. But no, their logic is to take off clothes or wear a bikini showing a bump first and then cry "privacy" instead of preventing whatever they don't want to be printed in the papers in the first place. They might feel entitled to do it this way but - reality check - we are not living in la-la land.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Pictures of Duchess of Cambridge on holiday in a bikini are published by Chi magazine | Mail Online

It must be a stressful life to be disappointed about yet another breach of privacy. Sometimes I am wondering what planet Wills and Kate are living on. They are not Joe Average and will get photographed whenever they are outside. Its a fact and no outcry, gentlemen's agreement or whatever will change that since they are money-producing A-class celebrities for those who don't give a hoot about monarchy.

They live the high life and have enormous privileges and they happen to pay a price for it which is lack of privacy. You can't have it all, can you. Good luck if they plan to go on complaining for the rest of their lives, I'd wish them not to get bitter but I guess they already are. It would be healthier to accept the unavoidable and move on.
So she can never walk on a beach again in swimwear? Cannot bathe in the sea?
And neither, it seems can her sister! I think the world has gone mad.

also I don't think they live the high life, they pay a lot of money for privacy when on holiday and it's hasn't worked. Otherwise it's been a house on Anglesey for a number of years.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:

oh and I forgot to say - what about covering up if you dont want to reveal your bump to the paps. But no, their logic is to take of clothes or wear a bikini showing a bump first and then cry "privacy". They might feel entitled to do it this way but were are not living in la-la land.
Isn't the point of vacationing where they are to wear a bathing suit? She should go out in a bathrobe?
Old 02-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:

I don't think TRH will get too bent out of shape over the photos. I'm guessing they will move on. I think they are right to be disappointed by the photos produced.

I think they knew pictures would be produced but I applaud them for standing up for their rights to some privacy. They may not legally do anything about these pictures but I just think the paps need to back off. They will get their pictures when the royal couple go out on their official engagements.

Then again, I think at some point privacy will become a thing of the past. Royal or not, I think the world is changing for the worst in many ways and we'll all miss our private lives.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

also I don't think they live the high life, they pay a lot of money for privacy when on holiday and it's hasn't worked. Otherwise it's been a house on Anglesey for a number of years.
I agree, I don't care one way or another, but no matter what these two do people will find something to complain about. I do not understand why. It seems petty to me.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
of course she can. but there will be photos, we've been here before. time to move on instead of all these clarence house statements about their disappointment. its like a broken record.

pippa has been courting the photographers whenever out and about so no surprise here and thankfully she has her own thread for discussions.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
[
oh and I forgot to say - what about covering up if you dont want to reveal your bump to the paps. But no, their logic is to take off clothes or wear a bikini showing a bump first and then cry "privacy" instead of preventing whatever they don't want to be printed in the papers in the first place. They might feel entitled to do it this way but - reality check - we are not living in la-la land.
Yeah because wearing a snowsuit on the beach makes total sense! Might as well not have gone on holiday at all, bet that would make the most sense to you? Looks like Catherine and William aren't the only ones living in la-la land!

I don't get the want for a baby bump picture, she's four months along an I can't see anything but a perfectly flat stomach. In fact she looks good, healthy in the sun. They've gone on holiday, I personally don't agree with it, however Catherine should be allowed to wear what she likes on holiday in a hot country.

Quote:

of course she can. but there will be photos, we've been here before. time to move on instead of all these clarence house statements about their disappointment. its like a broken record.
Monarchy is a broken record. Monarchy is the same thing over and over and over for years. Clarence House can say what they like about incredibly invasive pictures taken of the second in line to the throne and his wife. You are right that they are in the public eye and the press can do what they like, that doesn't make the act any less right.
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Yeah because wearing a snowsuit on the beach makes total sense! Might as well not have gone on holiday at all, bet that would make the most sense to you? Looks like Catherine and William aren't the only ones living in la-la land!

I don't get the want for a baby bump picture, she's four months along an I can't see anything but a perfectly flat stomach. In fact she looks good, healthy in the sun. They've gone on holiday, I personally don't agree with it, however Catherine should be allowed to wear what she likes on holiday in a hot country.
Nicely put
Super Moderator

Chi is not the only magazine that will be publishing the photos.

phil dampier ‏@phildampier: The pix of Kate on Mustique have not only been sold in Italy but several other countries and will appear all over world.

Quote:
Well she is about to go swimming in the ocean, so what else (besides a bathing suit) is she supposed to wear? As to the first part, they were at a private home on private land, miles and miles away from the (rarely used) road. They had an expectation of privacy and it's not their fault that some creeper with a lens took photos.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Chi is not the only magazine that will be publishing the photos.

phil dampier ‏@phildampier: The pix of Kate on Mustique have not only been sold in Italy but several other countries and will appear all over world.

Well she is about to go swimming in the ocean, so what else (besides a bathing suit) is she supposed to wear? As to the first part, they were at a private home on private land, miles and miles away from the (rarely used) road. They had an expectation of privacy and it's not their fault that some creeper with a lens took photos.
A perfect disguise would have been swim fins, goggles and snorkel. Perhaps even some gaily colored water wings! Oh and lets not forget the plastic inflatable life ring around her middle. Perfect for a day at the beach!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
A perfect disguise would have been swim fins, goggles and snorkel. Perhaps even some gaily colored water wings! Oh and lets not forget the plastic inflatable life ring around her middle. Perfect for a day at the beach!
You are very witty!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
She should add a big floppy sun hat to complete this disguise.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Nobility

I applaud William and Kate for living life on their own terms. There's no reason on earth why Kate - and Pippa - shouldn't wear bikinis on a public beach.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Sorry, folks. The world is what it is. They now share some responsibility in their angst. It might be a private accommodation, but it's not a private island and it is not a private ocean that surrounds the island.

If they don't want to be constantly riled up about infringement of their privacy, they need to buy their own island.

They're just too whiney.

I, for one, look forward to the new photos.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Sorry, folks. The world is what it is. They now share some responsibility in their angst. It might be a private accommodation, but it's not a private island and it is not a private ocean that surrounds the island.

If they don't want to be constantly riled up about infringement of their privacy, they need to buy their own island.

They're just too whiney.

I, for one, look forward to the new photos.
Then some would complain they bought an island. Can royals even buy an island??
Old 02-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Aristocracy

My goodness! They are either slow learners, or very, very, stubborn. Either way, neither one of them is very bright.

They had an expectation of privacy? On planet earth in 2013? I don't think so.

Closed Thread